Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

Emdee

Golden1

Golden, time for you to visit and see Canada as well as TS yourself!
I actually lived there in my twenties working as a nanny and have been back twice visiting the family I worked for. Unfortunately my timing was off and I didn't get to see them then. :wuzrobbed I LOVE Canada especially Toronto where I lived and adore the Canadian friendliness. I even started an email / letter /video / facetime exchange program with my students and a school in Calgary and my students love learning about Canada. It all started when I used Tessa and Scott's story in my lesson to introduce Canada as the new topic. The students fell in love with them and wanted to get to know real Canadians. :D I wonder if they even know what an impact they had in other parts of the world.
As a teacher I can't just take time off and when I'm off in the summer these two don't skate!! That's why I keep hoping they'll do Art on Ice again. That was the only time when I got to see them live and I would love to have a second chance of seeing them in person. Sadly, they probably won't do AoI in 2019. Without them I won't drive all the way to Switzerland and spend money on expensive tickets. However, my favorite pairs team SM will do the "Eisgala" in Ingolstadt and Oberstdorf and I'm thinking of buying tickets for that. Both cities are not far away and SM's Olympic performance was almost equally emotional to me as VM's. That's why I have to start rooting for local teams, you just get more out of it. If VM just weren't that amazing... ;)

Shayii

kittysk8ts

Why did he say that?

A total assumption on my part, but probably to reassure her that she has some room to play with the movement and he won't drop her.

A few years back I recall seeing some little girls asking Tessa questions at SOI and one of them asked her if she was scared and her response was "no" because Scott has never ever let her hit the ice.

Oh my heart.

Goody2shoes

And a nice segue into this podcast which was…interesting Tessa & Scott’s Sexual Revolution
Thought the ending was a nice sum of mutual Trust and respect...At the start of this podcast piece, it immediately brought me back to mind those endless debate happening here and outside forums of what is and isn't appropriate. (Goodness, it's like a 2 sec. face-on-belly contact made out as though he's *fill in the blank* Mind you, I do recall that crotch lift by C/L without having this much hoopla). Don't get me started on those news headlines and even more pointless to point out the hypocrisy of what is readily accessible on the Internet. I was raised in a strict upbringing and am a mother of 3, even watching these two skate, I can differentiate between what's vulgar and what's a dance choreography. Having watched ice dance for a number of years, I get the feeling there's always something that seem to touch a nerve when it comes to Tessa and Scott. I see them continuously state politely and humbly in interviews how pleased they were when they could deliver their programs to the audience and judges. (Boy, when they commit, it's always memorable and not to mention, breathtaking) To think it's all done under the approval and guidance of their coaches and choreographers, so why not blame them? Isn't dance (in all forms - on floor, ice, be it contemporary or classic) supposed to evoke some sort of emotion? Maybe it's the real connection and/or chemistry on ice, on top being seriously nice people off ice, some just can't let them have that. (I say it's jealousy)

Speaking of segue, I was shared this (it's so perfectly fitting to Tessa & Scott) ... https://youtu.be/H1yesVDJ3gk

Last edited:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
So, TS will not be at CSOI next year. So sad.

Ooh, that's going to suck for the tour not to have them. Not sure who else could be a big enough name to draw people in. Kurt doesn't tour, Elvis maybe, but I don't think the rest of the Canadians who won gold at PC would be enough to draw decent ticket sales.

Emdee

I had a feeling as they have accepted some other commitment in that time space. May be they will once again have their cross Canada show.

believed

I had a feeling as they have accepted some other commitment in that time space. May be they will once again have their cross Canada show.

Either some or all of their Great Kitchen Party (formerly Gold Medal Plates) trips coincide with CSOI next year! But I definitely also think they’ll be working on another tour.

believed

Recent People's Choice Award winners and newly minted Canada Walk of Fame inductees, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir announced today that they will focus all of their skating and creative energies into the follow-up to the highly successful and critically acclaimed Thank You Canada Tour. Virtue and Moir will not be performing in any other Canadian skating shows until the fall of 2019, including Stars On Ice.

"The Thank You Canada Tour was incredibly fulfilling on so many levels. Implementing our vision into an engaging, interactive and fun-filled show ignited a spark in us as entertainers. We absolutely loved meeting so many remarkable people in their hometowns all across the country," said Virtue.

"As competitors, striving to do better is ingrained at our very core, so we're taking the time to build on our recent experience and make next fall's show even more thrilling for the fans. Get ready, Canada!" added Moir.

Fans can expect another coast to coast tour in the fall of 2019, with more cities and an even bigger production.

Tour information, including cities, on sale dates and new fan interaction opportunities, will be announced shortly.

SOURCE Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...ott-moir-announce-future-plans-701561661.html

honey

Or they just don’t have the contract for CSOI signed and that’s why they aren’t listed yet? Wouldn’t be the first time an initial announcement went out without the headliners on the bill.

I do not imagine another tour in Canada during that time, because most of their likely cast mates are signed for CSOI. I suppose they could have committed to shows in Asia during this time frame for more $$$, but given the success of last years CSOI tour, I think they are able to get a fine payday in Canada right now.

I think it’s too early to tell what their spring plans are. I wouldn’t count out CSOI just yet though.

elisa_p

I was also thinking that it might be more lucrative for them to do their own show speaking in a monitrary sense. I got the feeling like they were testing the waters with TTYCT and because it’s so successful they may be ambitious enough to capitalize on the tour market themselves. Plus they have a lot more creative freedom so there’s that too.

kittysk8ts

Or they just don’t have the contract for CSOI signed and that’s why they aren’t listed yet? Wouldn’t be the first time an initial announcement went out without the headliners on the bill.

I do not imagine another tour in Canada during that time, because most of their likely cast mates are signed for CSOI. I suppose they could have committed to shows in Asia during this time frame for more $$$, but given the success of last years CSOI tour, I think they are able to get a fine payday in Canada right now.

I think it’s too early to tell what their spring plans are. I wouldn’t count out CSOI just yet though.
Did you see @believed’s post above? 😄😄

kittysk8ts

Yeah seeing that now. Feel kinda bad for the others honestly. So much of CSOIs success is purely V/M driven, that I’m betting on back to average ticket sales. But wish them all the best in whatever they choose to do. They’ve earned the right to pick and choose what shows they do.
Ya, kind of a tough situation for everyone. I’m sure all will be well for both casts :) I am personally thrilled they will do another tour next year.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
They may have had the show ready, and then lost rights to a specific song. A server could have crashed and the final edit may have been lost with it. (Everything is digital at CTV/TSN) Anything could have gone wrong, though I'd put money on song rights if they're moving the premiere.

Or they just decided it would make more sense to air closer to Christmas for a bigger audience.

skategal

Bunny mama
Or they just decided it would make more sense to air closer to Christmas for a bigger audience.

My money is on this one. They probably had a slot open up nearer to the holidays and know they would get a bigger audience then. :40beers:

kittysk8ts

They may have had the show ready, and then lost rights to a specific song. A server could have crashed and the final edit may have been lost with it. (Everything is digital at CTV/TSN) Anything could have gone wrong, though I'd put money on song rights if they're moving the premiere.

These all make sense. Thanks Andora :)

Shayii

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information