Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

yurokis40

PC's FD is such a borefest, I think its just stupid from the judges giving them scores like that, it looks like their won't even be a battle for the world title.

dramagrrl

PC's FD is such a borefest, I think its just stupid from the judges giving them scores like that, it looks like their won't even be a battle for the world title.
How is this relevant to VM? This is the VM thread. :rolleyes:

(The previous few posts that referenced PC were relevant because people were talking about the ice dance field as a whole without VM competing.)

pani

I have even more respect for the versatility of Tessa and Scott.
Yes. TS could do anything on ice. Latin FD after Mahler, they really show versatility. And TS never talked about there programs, other people did.

Ohyes

Can we not turn into the train wreck crazy hate-filled lunacy mental asylum thread that is P/C's fan thread on here? we are better than that and above those crazies.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I don't get the point of that comparison, tbh. IMO, both teams are doing lifts that fit their programs well. That rotational lift in To Build A Home, for example, is a perfect fit for that moment in the music.

Is the point that Virtue/Moir’s lifts were more complicated? If anything it makes Papadakis/Cizeron look better as they were able to get Level 4 with less effort. :shuffle:

puglover

That is really funny. I sat at lunch last week with several women and I mentioned I was a figure skating fan and one was just absolutely clueless about any skaters - except Kurt Browning who is from Alberta. Mind you, my youngest son has 3 televisions that he watches football on simultaneously on Sundays and I am absolutely clueless about that.

Golden1

Thanks for the clip. I love everything about it. The writing and acting are a lot better than I expected ;) Tessa and Scott are hilarious and it's great that they were game to joke about their "partner" explanations.

Sylvia

TBD
Did I miss the TYCT on TV?
Premieres on Dec. 2nd on CTV: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/thank-you-canada-tour-dec-2-on-ctv.104617/#post-5465395
I am soooo jealous of my friend Patty Hadfield as she gets to attend the Canada's Walk of Fame ceremony as her brother, the astronaut Chris Hadfield is being inducted as well. She is quite enjoying my jealousy. Hahaha.
Fun (for her! :D). I would be jealous, too.

Dec. 1 in Toronto: https://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/awards-show-gala/canadas-walk-of-fame-awards
"The show will be broadcast in December on CTV."
https://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/inductee/tessa-virtue-scott-moir

Golden1

Here is a cute video in which Tessa and Scott say Thank you, Canada.

And btw, now SB are part of Art on Ice. Hello? What about you, Tessa and Scott? Please say "Thank you, European fans!" and come visit us!!!! I'm getting impatient here. ;) (Oh, and you get the best beer in Bavaria, so forget about your Canadian beer and come to Oberstdorf. Do a show, drink great beer and eat amazing food. :D)

dramagrrl

Is the point that Virtue/Moir’s lifts were more complicated? If anything it makes Papadakis/Cizeron look better as they were able to get Level 4 with less effort. :shuffle:
That's quite frankly stupid. I am a teacher and we grade our students on a rubric for a lot of things. There are criteria they have to fulfill to achieve the highest level (4) and some students will do exactly what is on the rubric to achieve level 4 and get a level 4. Some students will actually put in more effort to be creative and take some risks in their work and achieve a level 4 that way. Sure, they both might end up with the same mark (because some teachers do not believe in giving 4+, or because going beyond the criteria may not actually be worth more marks), but I would definitely consider the second student's work superior. Putting in minimal effort to achieve the same result doesn't make anyone "look better", IMO. (I am just saying this in response to @allezfred's overall comment. I don't actually believe P/C put minimal effort into their lifts and like @sap5, I actually think many of their lifts, though less acrobatic than other teams, are beautiful and work very well with their music and choreography. That being said, I do also think some of their lifts have been too simple and repetitive and I would like to see more innovation and technical difficulty from them in lifts in the future. I also think the scoring needs to be changed to reward teams who do more interesting and difficult lifts. Acrobatics aren't always necessary, but this is a sport, not just an art form.)

kittysk8ts

Less effort or less risk? Haha. I jest. I don’t necessarily buy into that whole argument in that link above and I respect that the levels are fulfilled. I do think that risk should be more rewarded. But then again, that is subjective. It never ends.

Sonata

The acting debut of Tessa and Scott they’re actually pretty ok :lol:https://twitter.com/gerrydee/status/1067466705239183360?s=20

That was really funny! I thought it would be a cameo where a character would fail at something, be made fun of, bump into V/M, they would say something to the effect of, "Never give up! Follow your dreams!" and the character would try again and succeed while vilain makes sulking faces. End scene.

But no! They actually have lines and do a bit of comedy. Hurrah!

Japanfan

I was able to watch some skating this weekend because of thanksgiving break. While I was nostalgic, I wasn’t to the point of wanting them back. I think they’re ready to move on with their life. But you're correct there is an investment I don't have now.

@dramagrrl but if a team is the best, should a false competition be created just to make things interesting for the sake of being interesting?

Although your post was not directed to me, I'll chime in and say 'no'.

However, it is more interesting when there is competition, as opposed to a skater/team being guaranteed the win just by phoning it in.

Golden1

I love seeing them practice. Their athleticism and Tessa's blind trust in Scott is unbelievable. I also really liked hearing Scott say "I'll have you the whole time."

Edit:
Short clip of Tessa and Scott cooking for "Hello Fresh"
Short mention in an article called I'm an American, but I'm head over heels in love with Canada :lol::
And – as if we needed another reason – we love your ice dancers, Tessa and Scott. You are just taunting us with these two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information