Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

Ohyes

I just rewatched Moulin Rouge, their Olympic SD, Mahler, Prince SD and enjoyed them so much. Sigh. I miss them already.

Same here. Mahler, Prince, Cherbourg, and MR are the programs i never get tired of. At least we will see them on the TYC tour soon enough! I hope in the short term they do some more ice shows and in the long term they can coach (and if calgary gets the 2026 games one can wish that they are featured in the opening ceremony like yuna fingers crossed)

Ohyes

How do you think they would have placed if they went to the turin Olympics? I got inspired by a thread asking how yuna and mao would have placed had they been age eligible. Just a harmless ask to keep the thread going for the offseason.

elisa_p

I think they would have been top 10. But, we may not have had Pyongchang...

We might not have had gold in Vancouver either. I feel like Vancouver much like Pyongchang was a everything went perfectly right for them senario and I think it being their first Olympics factored into that. And selfishly I'm glad they didn't go to Turin because otherwise they wouldn't have been the only team to win gold at their very first Olys and it pleases me greatly that they have it. LOL But I agree..after the disastrous OD, they may have even finished as high as 7th.

Ohyes

I compared their 2006 world junior score to the Olympic 2006 total scores and they would have been exactly in 10th place. not bad for such young teens they were.

Emdee

We might not have had gold in Vancouver either. I feel like Vancouver much like Pyongchang was a everything went perfectly right for them senario and I think it being their first Olympics factored into that. And selfishly I'm glad they didn't go to Turin because otherwise they wouldn't have been the only team to win gold at their very first Olys and it pleases me greatly that they have it. LOL But I agree..after the disastrous OD, they may have even finished as high as 7th.
As you say Vancouver was a dream win. But they were ethereal in the free. And stunning in the OD. Their fabulous basics plus connection really showed.
I think they should have won in Sochi their SD was by far the best.

lauravvv

I just rewatched Moulin Rouge, their Olympic SD, Mahler, Prince SD and enjoyed them so much. Sigh. I miss them already.
I should do the same sometime soon. I have been obsessed anew with my favorite "homeland" singer and other things for some time, so I have been listening to and watching him etc., but not Tessa and Scott. I just have periods like that when I am "a bit" obsessed mostly with one thing. Now I have listened to all the albums and other recordings of my favorite singer (some of them for several times) and watched and rewatched all the available videos of him, so it's Tessa and Scott's time again 😄.

puglover

They make me smile!! I notice Tessa said something about "during their amateur career" and then Scott clarified "not competing amateur this season".

Emdee

They make me smile!! I notice Tessa said something about "during their amateur career" and then Scott clarified "not competing amateur this season".
I know...that made me sit up too. I guess never say never. Maybe they will compete at the Montreal worlds! Happy to see them #1 in the world standings.

IloveFS

I know...that made me sit up too. I guess never say never. Maybe they will compete at the Montreal worlds! Happy to see them #1 in the world standings.
Emdee and Puglover: Interesting that maybe they don't agree about whether they are done with amateur skating. I hope that Scott is very persuasive....

believed

Emdee and Puglover: Interesting that maybe they don't agree about whether they are done with amateur skating. I hope that Scott is very persuasive....
I don’t think that they don’t agree, but that it was just a slip up that they wanted to correct before their official announcement of their retirement.

kittysk8ts

Just read the newest IDC interview with Maddie and Zach. They were asked what programs/skaters they admired and I found this answer from Zach fascinating, because I had no idea they "hated" it. Re their Pink Floyd program.

ZD: That was one of my favorite programs from Tessa and Scott, even though they hated it. It was different for them, that’s why I liked it.

Emdee

I dont think they particularly hated it. It must have been very challenging with the problems with her legs and the operation.

kittysk8ts

I dont think they particularly hated it. It must have been very challenging with the problems with her legs and the operation.
Well, yes, but that is different. Perhaps I am reading too much into it. LOL. It also doesn't matter a lick. I just found it interesting :)

sap5

Just read the newest IDC interview with Maddie and Zach. They were asked what programs/skaters they admired and I found this answer from Zach fascinating, because I had no idea they "hated" it. Re their Pink Floyd program.

ZD: That was one of my favorite programs from Tessa and Scott, even though they hated it. It was different for them, that’s why I liked it.

I was surprised too. I loved that program, and always wanted them to do something like that again (the modern dancing with an abstract storyline) but they never have, so perhaps they really didn't like it.

Sonata

Am I misunderstanding something? Virtue and Moir hated the Pink Floyd program? I’ve always heard the opposite and how they loved experimenting with different shapes. In fact, that’s why they asked Jennifer Swan to choreograph other programs years later. Any hate would be associated with the surgery and poor communication between them at that time.

(Sorry, I can’t tell what IDC is and I even googled to find the interview.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information