Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

elisa_p

Is anyone going to the Peterborough show? I’m downtown Toronto and it’s the only date that worked for me but I really wanted to go to London! I don’t think I’ve ever been there before dispite living in the GTA my whole life. This should be a adventure. LOL

ETA: i’m ridiculously excited for this. My BF thinks I’ve lost my mind since January!

elisa_p

Dammit...I knew there was another location other than Peterborough that’s probably closer to Toronto. I didn’t think this one through but it’s a Friday so I’ll just take a half day off and deal with it. I’m really excited to see what they come up with!

ETA: i’ve never seen them live still kicking myself for that one) so this is a really big deal for me. LOL

Last edited:

dramagrrl

Did anyone manage to save the video of "I Dreamed a Dream" or know of somewhere other than YouTube where a working version is uploaded? I missed the link when it was first posted and now it has been taken off YouTube due to copyright. :p

Golden1

Sorry, I only watched the video on youtube.

I have a question about this "Gold Medal Plates" trip. I looked at the instagram videos and stories and it looks like a bunch of middle aged people and Tessa and Scott. So, how does this work? Did these people pay money, so that they could go on holiday with VM and this money goes to fund Olympic athletes? Is that right? It's kind of strange to me.

ngcskate

Been a busy few days but happy to report I was able to score on ice seats for London and Sarnia. Also grabbed the meet and greet for London, since I have never met Tessa and I need to rectify that situation. Taking the 10 years twins I look after to the Sarnia show, they have been obsessed with Tessa and Scott since the Olympics. It will be their first ice show outside of Disney on Ice. I think they will be pretty thrilled!

sap5

Sorry, I only watched the video on youtube.

I have a question about this "Gold Medal Plates" trip. I looked at the instagram videos and stories and it looks like a bunch of middle aged people and Tessa and Scott. So, how does this work? Did these people pay money, so that they could go on holiday with VM and this money goes to fund Olympic athletes? Is that right? It's kind of strange to me.

https://goldmedalplates.com/home/about-us/#pillars_trips

Auction Trips
Gold Medal Plates incorporates some very unique travel experiences that are auctioned at every event to raise funds for Canadian Olympic athletes. Guests have the opportunity to travel to desirable national and international destinations, interact with Canadian Olympic athletes, enjoy amazing Canadian entertainment and meet like-minded people who are also keen to celebrate Canadian Excellence.

Each year, over 600 Canadians from across the country embark on travel experiences like they have never experienced before. Gold Medal Plates has gained a reputation of creating week-long adventures that combine great food, wine, entertainment and activity …whether it be cycling in Tuscany, wine tours in Portugal, visiting the filming locations of “The Hobbits” in New Zealand or participating in a unique Gold Medal Plates adventure in Newfoundland. These are once in a life time experiences with Canadian Olympic athletes and Canadian icons in the music industry. In 2018, guests will be going to Big White and the National Finals – wondrous snow, the best chefs in the country, a hockey game on an outdoor rink and skiing with Ashleigh McIvor, Tuscany (10th anniversary!) – food, wine tours, cycling and hiking with Curt Harnett and Melissa Tancredi, Mallorca – hiking, cycling, wine, amazing food and stories from Marnie McBean and Rosie MacConnell, Morocco – fascinating geography and culture, mountain biking, hiking and time with Adam van Koeverden, Belgium/France – Canadian history, great Belgium pints, French bubbly and lots of laughs with new minted triple gold and double silver medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and Canada – 1001 club – cycling the back route between beautiful Lake Louise and stunning Whistler with drop in celebrities/chefs and athletes.

Guest ratings on Gold Medal Plates trips are a consistent 9 or 10/10.

kittysk8ts

For those who do not go outside of this thread, Weaver/Poje have announced they are out of the GP series next season and will participate in the Thank You Tour. They have also said they will return to competition for Nationals.

Shayii

Javier Fernandez is skipping the Grand Prix too maybe he’ll be in the tour as well? Basically almost everyone that was in CSOI will be in it. It’ll be nice if they can get non Canadian skaters too.

Sonata

Here are highlights from Tessa’s Vogue interview http://fukiko.tumblr.com/post/174935783575/highlights-from-tessa-virtues-vogue-japan. It’s in three part the links for part 1 and 2 are at the bottom of the one I posted. Another interview from Japan http://fukiko.tumblr.com/post/174977540700/fantasy-on-ice-kobe-program-interview-translation

Thanks for posting the translations. This part made me smile: "Scott came running from Shin-Yokohama to the shoot and was checking the photos earnestly. Scott knows how much she likes fashion and how she admires Vogue. She only told Scott and Jeffrey Buttle about the shoot in advance, and they were both “as happy as if it had been their own good news.”"

lauravvv

Why we need to care about WP in VM thread? IMHO, better to invite pair skaters in show.
This is relevant information for the Tessa and Scott thread because W/P are going to take part in their tour (not just any show in Canada). Plus, believe it or not, there are Tessa/Scott fans who also like Weaver/Poje and might enjoy seeing them among other skaters on that tour. And why not invite them? Like alilou said, they are liked in Canada + they usually have good exhibitions and are good show skaters in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information