Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, #46 : Until the End of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

maiaronan

Okay I'm obsessed with that red dress, I personally love how sparkly and vibrant it is. Even if she doesn't use it for the FD I'd be okay with her keeping it for the EX. I love how they put together a compilation of their signature lifts. They even brought back The Goose! Even if it isn't as spectacular as some of their previous ones, it's the nostalgia factor and the fact that it's their last skate that's gonna make it memorable imo

dramagrrl

@maiaronan, I also really love the original FD dress that she wore in today’s exhib. I understand why many people prefer the new one, but I think she looks beautiful in the original and the brightness of the red just shines.

What a lovely exhib program. While I would’ve preferred a few other Tragically Hip songs (Ahead By a Century, Bobcaygeon or Courage), this one really worked for them.

ETA: I obviously didn’t understand a word of what he was saying, but the commentator on the Russian live stream needed to SHUT UP!

elisa_p

My gosh I love that EX from them. I think it also just hit me that after a few more months we won't ever see them in competition. I still remember seeing them for the first time on CTV during the B/K days when they won jr worlds and Rob Black couldn't stop gushing about them....I was thinking great, break time until their incredible connection pulled me into watch. If I'm getting this sentimental, I can't even imagine how they must be feeling skating this program!

Shayii

jl22aries

I feel like there hasn't been enough discussion about the new FD costumes. Particularly Scott's. Particularly Scott's pants. I think they took the FD to a totally new level. ;)

I shall pledge to pay more attention next time.

That's the beauty of revisiting something. You find something new every time :)

The Accordion

AgggggghhhhhH! Just got home from Skate Canada. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for the EX - so thanks for posting! But I am SO HAPPY I got the chance to see this competition live (and all the practices as well!) I am beyond grateful for the chance to see Virtue and Moir live in this Olympic season and these 2 stunning programs.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
AgggggghhhhhH! Just got home from Skate Canada. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for the EX - so thanks for posting! But I am SO HAPPY I got the chance to see this competition live (and all the practices as well!) I am beyond grateful for the chance to see Virtue and Moir live in this Olympic season and these 2 stunning programs.
Are you coming to Nationals?

TSFRENCHFAN

Oh my word, I have to leave for an appointment soon and I'm about to cry like a baby. I'm trying to concentrate on having them for one more season and on that gift they're giving us but it's hard not to think about their career ending soon as well. No one compares to them in Ice dance. The end.

Goody2shoes

After such a crazy weekend for me, it felt so good to catch up on V/M news on this thread :) Finally watched the FD and EX. What can I say...I absolutely did tear up while watching both. Yes, to the new red dress. (Reminded me of when they interpreted Carmen's costuming too). Yes, to their tribute to their past and present signature moves and lifts. Can't wait to see their programs grow more into the season.

I also told myself not to venture into other skating forums. Some comments are just plain brutal and unnecessary. So what if they wish to compete and posts actually asking why don't they retire already. (They will eventually) So what if you think they are legends and then pick on what they could/should have picked on a better song/costume/style of dance, etc. (They never disappoint with what they believed in to skate to)

To me, they are one of many (who I consider) that defined ice dance as it should be. The joy of dance. Not skate. But pure dance with glides ever so gracefully and elegantly. Embodied the music completely and executing such intricate holds and lifts. (Their feet, I always thought, are like magnets on ice) Most importantly, like they always do in all their programs, they simply delivered. No hesitation. Chemistry and more.

Here I'm thinking, I'm so not ready for them to leave just yet. That they still have more to give but I also understand finally closing this chapter of their lives and leaving on such a high note. 20 years, wow. I truly wish them all the love, the best and luck this season and beyond.

Isabelle.G

After such a crazy weekend for me, it felt so good to catch up on V/M news on this thread :) Finally watched the FD and EX. What can I say...I absolutely did tear up while watching both. Yes, to the new red dress. (Reminded me of when they interpreted Carmen's costuming too). Yes, to their tribute to their past and present signature moves and lifts. Can't wait to see their programs grow more into the season.

I also told myself not to venture into other skating forums. Some comments are just plain brutal and unnecessary. So what if they wish to compete and posts actually asking why don't they retire already. (They will eventually) So what if you think they are legends and then pick on what they could/should have picked on a better song/costume/style of dance, etc. (They never disappoint with what they believed in to skate to)

To me, they are one of many (who I consider) that defined ice dance as it should be. The joy of dance. Not skate. But pure dance with glides ever so gracefully and elegantly. Embodied the music completely and executing such intricate holds and lifts. (Their feet, I always thought, are like magnets on ice) Most importantly, like they always do in all their programs, they simply delivered. No hesitation. Chemistry and more.

Here I'm thinking, I'm so not ready for them to leave just yet. That they still have more to give but I also understand finally closing this chapter of their lives and leaving on such a high note. 20 years, wow. I truly wish them all the love, the best and luck this season and beyond.
Absolutely agree. But as much as I understand and respect their decision, I cannot help but feel sad that we won't see them again, especially with the guidance by people from Gadbois. I respect, and also like, the years they spent coached by Zueva, but I feel their quality of skating got to another level since they moved to Montreal. This year is probably the last, but a part of me still hopes they will miss the world of ice dance so much that they will come back. Probably a silly thought but never say never. :)

Goody2shoes

I've watched the FD 3 times now. I'm still amazed at what a leap of improvement (I felt) they've made since ACI. Can't help but feel Tessa's choice of MR song (i.e especially CWM) is also a tribute to their career. To each other and to us fans. So much so I teared up at the same point of this program - starting from where they dance to CWM song with lyrics "Seasons may change...winter to spring..." I'm such a sentimental fool. Probably a mess come Olympics...

forthewin

I've watched the FD 3 times now. I'm still amazed at what a leap of improvement (I felt) they've made since ACI. Can't help but feel Tessa's choice of MR song (i.e especially CWM) is also a tribute to their career. To each other and to us fans. So much so I teared up at the same point of this program - starting from where they dance to CWM song with lyrics "Seasons may change...winter to spring..." I'm such a sentimental fool. Probably a mess come Olympics...
I feel exactly the same. The beginning of this FD is so strong and powerful, but what really got me is the CWM part. I'm tearing up every time I reach that part. I don't understand how people say the last part and the ending is not emotional enough. To me it hits every note of emotion. I just love this program so much!

double runner

I've lost count of how many times I've watched their SD and FD, managed to PVR it and it looks even better on TV than off YouTube.

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who enjoys the CWM portion because I've read so much criticism of how more powerful it needs to be and how the ending isn't impactful enough. The way I see it, Tessa pushing to use this music meant the words meant something to her...they could have easily gone with the instrumental version. Maybe we'll never really know what it all means to them, but as a fan, I can appreciate and respect that amidst all the pressure to find the right music and having the best programs, they are able to skate for themselves and each other. They don't owe the world anything and they should be allowed to be a little selfish with what will likely be their final FD.

Side note: I'm such a people watcher and enjoy seeing the reaction of the crowd during CWM. You can literally see the older ladies in the crowd, headed tilted to the side, just melting and you can almost hear the most satisfied sigh. LOL.

kittysk8ts

I feel exactly the same. The beginning of this FD is so strong and powerful, but what really got me is the CWM part. I'm tearing up every time I reach that part. I don't understand how people say the last part and the ending is not emotional enough. To me it hits every note of emotion. I just love this program so much!
Me too. 100%. I pray they make no further changes. Just additions and honing. It is perfect. The marks are there. They scored 117 + with a tech error on a step sequence. They would have been at 120.

forthewin

MR is a great tragic love story which just melts your heart. I really think ending on a soft note fits the story telling. V/M can do strong and climax ending which has been done in Carmen. But MR is NOT Carmen. The heroines fight their fates in different way. Satine is much more fragile and her love with Christian is more delicate. So the soft tone is very fitting.

jl22aries

I'm not sure if it was the improvements, different camera angles, sound quality of the vid...but the music seemed to swell more in the CWM climax at SC. I noticed much more the layers of instruments growing as Tessa and Scott barrel into that final lift. For me it's a very powerful and moving climactic moment. And yes, there were tears. And there will be straight up sobbing come "the end". Oh deeaaar.

maiaronan

The "I love you until the end up time" always gets me. I'm going to be a blubbering mess 4 months from now ugh.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Back from Regina and catching up on videos to see the different recordings. Just a fyi that they don't do justice to their speed, flow and ice coverage at all (especially the way the Olympic channel one is filmed) so just letting you all know that live they are flying through that program. And the speed into the lifts is insane, especially the modified Carmen lift, how the momentum doesn't knock him backward is a bit mindblowing in person. Seeing how they execute those lifts live compared to some of the other teams at the same event they must be putting in some serious training to maintain that flow and not lose balance. I haven't watched them live since 2008 so this was a treat.

Shayii

The "I love you until the end up time" always gets me. I'm going to be a blubbering mess 4 months from now ugh.
Did you watch the British Eurosport commentary? They said the same thing and one said he got choked up just thinking about it. We're going to be a mess come February.

I think I've watched the FD about 8 times now. It's amazing how I wasn't happy with it at ACI and now I'm just so into it.

puglover

Anyone who saw the free dance live - the color of Tessa's dress looks so much deeper than the red on the Canadian fans in the background. Her lipstick also does not look red. Just wondering.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I would describe the colour of her FD dress as a burgundy wine. It's not a Canadian flag red at all.

eta.... speaking of dresses. the original MR dress she wore at ACI that she wore for the exhibition here is a true red and looks beautiful in person and on her. I do like better their styling in their FD at SC but that other dress is also beautiful. I hope they keep that exhibition all season (even though I said I don't care about exhibitions lol).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information