Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

I can't believe Daddy is not here for one of his biggest moment! Go Ross, wow, that US men thread was like 50 pages long about who was going to Korea, and who mentioned Ross??? Awsone!!! :cheer2:

But Adam...:wuzrobbedI'm devastated. It's not Jason who needs a puppy, I do. No. Make it a kitten. Or a baby bunny. Comfort me please:wuzrobbed

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I can't believe Daddy is not here for one of his biggest moment! Go Ross, wow, that US men thread was like 50 pages long about who was going to Korea, and who mentioned Ross??? Awsone!!! :cheer2:

But Adam...:wuzrobbedI'm devastated. It's not Jason who needs a puppy, I do. No. Make it a kitten. Or a baby bunny. Comfort me please:wuzrobbed
Now, now. #TTW fans know how to deal with :fragile: and heartbreak. Have a cookie.

And with Ross being the US silver medalist, Brezina might make it back onto the European podium! #tillthebitterend which can be #ohsosweet

S

SmallFairy

Now, now. #TTW fans know how to deal with :fragile: and heartbreak. Have a cookie.

And with Ross being the US silver medalist, Brezina might make it back onto the European podium! #tillthebitterend which can be #ohsosweet

I know...but some heartbreaks breaks worse. Good thing I'm used to it.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
:sekret: Updates on daddy: he watched RUS and JPN nats and hopefully by tomorrow he catches up on US. I hope he drinks while doing that :nopryde:
Be prepared.

Can we expand the watchlist in his absence to 2-3 slots per discipline? And sneak some more skaters we talk about anyways?:mitchell:

Vagabond

Tran is a former World Bronze Medalist. His former partner's decision to dump him so that she could go to the Olympics and flop was heartbreaking. His inability to capitalize on his past achievements is more pathetic than heartbreaking. :shuffle:

S

SmallFairy

Daddy will be rejoicing only to be heartbroken minutes later. Poor Daddy!!! Story of our lives. :(:gallopin1

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Tran is a former World Bronze Medalist. His former partner's decision to dump him so that she could go to the Olympics and flop was heartbreaking. His inability to capitalize on his past achievements is more pathetic than heartbreaking. :shuffle:
Well, in his defense (I'm clutching at straws), he wasn't going to be able to go to the Olympics for the US so that probably had an effect. AND, his jumps are back to where they were with Narumi. It's Marissa now :shuffle: Which is a response to their not being Olympic eligible! Their step sequence is very good. So, there's that.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
What really kills me about Ross, is you know his first thought was not "Damn. I hope my body of work will hold up"

For a brief shining moment he thought "I'm going to the fecking Olympics!"

He should be immediately elevated to the HOF.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don't know who I feel sorrier for Daddy, Ross or Mark.

But, I also can't help but :rofl: at the sheer beauty of :gallopin1 I mean. Have the skate of your life, earn a silver medal at nationals and be bumped off the Olympic team for the 4th place finisher. We couldn't make this up if we tried. ::40beers: to Ross Miner for setting the #TTW standard.

Ka3sha

While I do feel sorry for Ross, I really do and hope that they will send him at least to Worlds, I don’t get people’s reaction on this decision actually..
Just two weeks ago when Voronov finished 4th at RusNats people were complaining about it (on this board as well) that he should go instead of Aliev/Samarin. Voronov had great outings at gp series and qualified to GPF but bombed at Nationals.. it was his only chance to make to Olys and people wanted him to qualify there.. and here we have exactly the same situation with Adam
:shuffle:
I would have dumped Vincent and sent both Adam and Ross to Olys, but it’s just my opinion :)

@rfisher i was thinking about it as well, a true ttw member :gallopin1

Last edited:

aliceanne

Bumping Ross, the silver medalist, for someone who finished off the podium puts USFSA in an awkward position. They are admitting that their premiere event, U.S. Nationals, is just another competition, and not that important anymore.

S

SmallFairy

Nathan, Adam and Vincent named to the team.

So it's official. I'm too gutted for Ross and at the same time over the moon for Adam. I agree @Ka3sha send them both! But they won't :( But you know how much I love Adam, I been in the dark woods today waiting and hoping. I'm so happy his hard work and good results this season and the past. counted for something. And we need those birds in Korea!

Poor Ross!!! hope he gets WC or 4CC!! And our poor Daddy. ((((@Jeschke ))))

S

SmallFairy

I don't know who I feel sorrier for Daddy, Ross or Mark.

But, I also can't help but :rofl: at the sheer beauty of :gallopin1 I mean. Have the skate of your life, earn a silver medal at nationals and be bumped off the Olympic team for the 4th place finisher. We couldn't make this up if we tried. ::40beers: to Ross Miner for setting the #TTW standard.

Indeed. We can't get a better screenplay for Team Trainwreck-the movie. :gallopin1

rfisher

Let the skating begin
While I do feel sorry for Ross, I really do and hope that they will send him at least to Worlds, I don’t get people’s reaction on this decision actually..
Just two weeks ago when Voronov finished 4th at RusNats people were complaining about it (on this board as well) that he should go instead of Aliev/Samarin. Voronov had great outings at gp series and qualified to GPF but bombed at Nationals.. it was his only chance to make to Olys and people wanted him to qualify there.. and here we have exactly the same situation with Adam
:shuffle:
I would have dumped Vincent and sent both Adam and Ross to Olys, but it’s just my opinion :)

@rfisher i was thinking about it as well, a true ttw member :gallopin1
I agree about Voronov. I wanted him to get the shot, but it would not have been fair to either Samarin or Aliev to bump them off the team. What all three of them have that the US does not, is using the results of another comp to make the final decision. Russia gave Samarin and Aliev the opportunity to 1) fight between themselves for the 2nd spot for the Olympics, and 2) to have Voronov in reserve if both of them implode. Which is a real possibility. Aliev isn't a chartermember of #TTW for nothing. :lol: They really stacked their odds very well. It's a real pity 4CC is way too close to the Olympics and way too far away for the US not to be able to do the same. Oh, well. Canadian nationals winners are a given unless Duh/Rad, Chan, Osmond and Virtue/Moir decide to skip the Olympics so onward to Europeans and the Empress! And the return of Medvedeva. I'm really looking forward to the first real showdown between her and her little buddy Zagitova. :watch:

Vagabond

Perkova isn’t at Pantheon? :eek:
The Pantheon is something we cooked up here in the #TTW Press Office to promote those skaters who have either retired or been senselessly left off the Olympic Team by their Federation in their final year of eligible competition. Each member of the Pantheon must embody in his or her own way the essence of Team Trainwreck as determined by the pressman. :judge:

Perkova has not retired and may never retire. But, more importantly, her World Silver Medal removes her from consideration.
:violin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information