Survivor: Winners at War

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Not that producers would do them any favours, ....
Come on, it's ROB. Jeff is dying for him to win again.

I do think people not recognizing that Sandra is a huge threat is as big of a mistake as leaving Rob in, but I'd lolololololol if she won again, because Jeff's head might explode.

sk8pics

I don’t like Sandra all that much, but she has certainly played well in her previous games. Now she’s being a baby about the fact that Rob didn’t tell her he was going to play again. It shocks me that she is so shocked about it! Anyway, I’m surprised they didn’t vote her out at the first opportunity.

Lacey

I don’t like Sandra all that much, but she has certainly played well in her previous games. Now she’s being a baby about the fact that Rob didn’t tell her he was going to play again. It shocks me that she is so shocked about it! Anyway, I’m surprised they didn’t vote her out at the first opportunity.

I think her shock is a distraction technique to throw shade off her, because aha she too is also playing again, and on to Rob.

Colleen

I would be very surprised if Boston Rob and Sandra didn’t concoct a strategy last season. They had a lot of time together in between their little Survivor lessons and spying on tribal councils.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Well, so much for Danni being one to watch. And it was hilarious that all the 'big-names' were so concerned with certain people having the idol that Denise literally held it (well, half of it) in her hand and no one notice while they all bickered.

Adam is getting a lot of screen time about needing to make big moves and also he mouthed back to Rob when Rob wanted them all to empty their bags. I think he's going far.

I (still) think we are being set up for a big Rob and Sandra showdown, and I also wouldn't be surprised if one of Tony or Sarah turns on each other (again), since we saw them discussing their working together.

Not really an exciting tribal- they had the perfect opportunity to make a bigger move.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I really enjoyed last night :) Rob totally f*cked up that challenge to the point I wondered if he did it on purpose, and then he still is immune to any discussion of voting him off, and better yet, he's not at all worried! I'd forgotten how much I enjoy watching him play :rollin:

Danni seemed way out of her league to me, fumbling around in her conversations, wearing her emotions all over her face, and now she shows up at EI apparently ready to spill the beans, despite how obvious it is that the three of them are still in the game. Mind you, her beans are going to be very much from her point of view, so let's see what the others do with whatever she tells them.

Amber seems a bit out of her league too, obviously her game play was a million years ago and her win thanks in large part to Rob, but you just know that the two of them did a lot of planning for this, and while Rob feigned upset that she got voted out, he also totally expected it and appears to be rolling along just as smoothly.

Still don't recognize some of these winners - hopefully I can spend a bit of time today looking them up!

smurfy

I am loving this season.
but why or why are Boston Rob and Parvarti stilll in? And Rob orders them to empty their bags and all but Adam do it immediately. Denise did a good job of hiding her HII.
They are shields - but I think am just enjoying seeing how long Rob, Parv and Sandra last.
I too wondered if Rob threw the challenge.
I read over on primertv - that Parv and Ethan have been friends for 10 years. So Rob says Parv is his #1 (for how long) - but who is Parv's?
Ben is a loose cannon.
Tony and that ladder - too funny and scary. and when will the cop alliance fail?
I am glad they combined the reward and immunity challenge. There is so much going on - wish the episodes were longer.
Not much Yul tonight. ☹
Exile - Amber and Danni - blah. I have always liked Natalie, even on TAR. She might be ok, depending on who else joins.
I think Yul is still my first choice. But I think I also just want the most entertaining/strategic/genuinely nice people to stay and the boring/dumb people to go now.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I see that Sandra voted out Amber on the first ep, which would suggest that she doesn't have a sekret alliance with Rob - OTOH, knowing that no one will ever be Rob's #2 until Amber is completely out of the game, best to get her out asap. Rob won't know, and it would be like Sandra to think "let's not make this too easy for him."

As for Parvati and Ethan, I do think she's the type that would put $2 million before a ten year friendship, and that is not a diss. It's a competition, and I think these people should be well beyond the days when players were all about integrity and loyalty. Think about the number of professional athletes who face their friends - even their own brothers. When you're on the field, court or ice - or Survivor - you're playing a game.

Erin

Banned Member
I think Yul is still my first choice. But I think I also just want the most entertaining/strategic/genuinely nice people to stay and the boring/dumb people to go now.

I stopped watching for a few seasons, intended to be forever, but I started again this season because I can't resist the chance to watch Yul play. Love him!

There are a few people I don't know from the seasons I took off - Wendell, Adam, Nick. None of them have made much of an impression on me so far except for Adam and even in his case, I haven't figured out if I like him or not.

It was interesting to contrast how Kim reacted from feeling like she was on the bottom vs. Danni. Granted, Danni had the more immediate concern of going to tribal council, but I don't think Kim would have flipped out the way Danni did. Kim could still be gone soon, as it seems like she didn't make the greatest choice in her idol reveal by picking Sophie (maybe Yul would have been a better pick), but I at least like her attitude about being on the bottom.

love skating

Clueless American
Darn, I was really hoping they would vote out Parvati. I think they missed out on a great opportunity.

It would be funny if Natalie finds the extinction island advantage every week and got all the fire tokens! lol At this point she's the only one who knows how it all works.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I thought it was interesting that Danni willed her fire token to Denise of all people. Makes me wonder what talking has gone on between the two of them that we haven't seen.

BaileyCatts

Yeah, I wondered why Denise as well. You can pick anyone, even if not on your team, so why of all people did she pick Denise? I was wondering if I just missed something since I still can't keep some of these people straight since I only remember like 5 of them. :lol:

ryanj07

Wow... I really hoped to see Danni do well but she was a complete mess out there. She unraveled for no reason at all.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Yeah, I wondered why Denise as well. You can pick anyone, even if not on your team, so why of all people did she pick Denise? I was wondering if I just missed something since I still can't keep some of these people straight since I only remember like 5 of them. :lol:

Danni is not one of the Survivor club (the former players who hang out together and attend Survivor fan sessions and such), so she probably doesn't know anyone else well. Why not Denise?

BaileyCatts

Just seems like she would give it to one of the people she was trying to hook into an alliance with to score some points in case she got back in the game ……. unless Denise was one of them and I just don't remember Danni hanging with her. :lol:

jkl

Why don’t these people vote out someone I don’t like? They have missed some excellent chances to make a big move...all the while talking about needing to making a big move.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Interesting that Adam perceives Rob as less of a threat than Parvati and everyone else seems to agree.

I knew as soon as they started that challenge that Rob would do the puzzle. And then he lost again.

Is that going to be a theme for this season? Rob has lost his edge? Or is it how he makes a big comeback after being down?

Adam :rolleyes:. I'm glad that they took out one of the trio and think that was smart; they all know what Adam's game is now, so I hope they don't waste a boot on him.

ETA: I am finding Exile Island pretty entertaining for a change. I actually LOL when Natalie smashed those shells and tossed the other string. She's going to end up with all the fire tokens and no one will even know it.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Yes again Rob messed up the challenge - he was actually good with the puzzle, catching up to the other team's lead, but of course he caused their lead when he couldn't throw the rope ball in place. And yet his name NEVER came up. Clearly everyone - as obviously illustrated by Adam, but apparently it's everyone - wants to work with him. And are they forgetting that his ride or die is still in the game?

And yes :lol: at Natalie smashing the shells while the other women were busy sharing their ideas. It's interesting that only Natalie seems to think the fire tokens are of huge importance - here's hoping they end up being game changers rather than just another aspect of gameplay that in the end has little impact.

Also enjoyed the cop alliance going stealth mode!

Only thing for me was that I don't recall anyone talking about voting out Ethan and then he's gone. I see this morning that Old School all voted for Adam, but New School decided to go against both Rob and Adam, so I guess that's how they landed on Ethan - although the smarter move would have been Rob. Ethan would have been nothing without Rob, and Parvati needs more than just one nice guy to get to the end.

Although, now that I think about it, the New School also just saved Adam's ass, plus they have the numbers now, so maybe they've got Adam right where they want him? Or will he beg Rob's forgiveness?

BaileyCatts

I don't understand why they didn't take out Rob the first chance they got. I don't understand why everyone so blindly follows what he says and always do it, like Rob says 'everyone open your bags!' and everyone just jumps up and does it. But then again I still don't understand this game even after all these years. :rofl:

I just want Sandra to win!!! Especially when she said this will be the last time she ever plays. Go Sandra!! :p

Last edited:

love skating

Clueless American
I'm with you guys - take out Rob!!! It should be so obvious. Survivor 101 should be: vote out Rob and Sandra as soon as possible and DON'T tell someone you are voting out their ally.

Also - Go Natalie! :cheer2:

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I'm with you guys - take out Rob!!! It should be so obvious. Survivor 101 should be: vote out Rob and Sandra as soon as possible and DON'T tell someone you are voting out their ally.

Also - Go Natalie! :cheer2:

I don't understand these people - they're not rookies! They've all won the game. Why are they letting Rob run this thing?
But at the same time, if this continues he will deserve to win hands down.

Sparks

I don't understand these people - they're not rookies! They've all won the game. Why are they letting Rob run this thing?
But at the same time, if this continues he will deserve to win hands down.
It's like they are playing like uninformed newbies. Take out Rob. Take out Parv.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Only thing for me was that I don't recall anyone talking about voting out Ethan and then he's gone.

Jeremy brought up Ethan and I thought it was pretty clear that he and Michele were debating between Ethan and Adam right before TC.

Jeremy does not want to work with Rob; he wants Rob in the game as a shield (and said so a couple of weeks ago). He wanted to weaken Rob, however, which is why he thought Ethan should go. I am not sure why he is keeping Parvati unless it's the same as his reasoning for Rob, but he said it wasn't time for her to go yet, indicating that he has some sort of plan.

Again, I don't think the people on Rob's tribe see him as the biggest threat. That might be a mistake on their part, or it might be that Rob isn't as much of a threat as we think he is. I think one problem Rob and Sandra have is that they have played so many times that people know their games.

smurfy

Go Natalie! I have always loved the Twinnies back on Amazing Race and happy when she won and how she played.
I think she is the strongest person on Exile - and hope she gets back.
I really like Ethan - but his head does not seem in the game.
And Rob and Parvarti are still in the game? I enjoy them - but what everyone here is saying - why?????
Michelle and Jeremy seem to have a nice alliance - and if Nat gets back in. Michelle may not have been the strongest winner - but I did not think she was a weak as others thought when she won. And she is a little older now.
I love Sandra - at a minimum - hope she is around for awhile for her fun comments.
But no way should they keep her around.
Cops in stealth mode was so fun - Sarah did well - and solidifying her alliance w Tony as well.
Yul! More Yul please.

Moto Guzzi

Why are Sandra and Rob still in the game? You'd think they would be among the first to go. I do like Sandra, though.

Natalie is so entertaining. I hope she continues to get fire tokens and that she gets back into the game.

I've watched every season of Survivor but don't remember some of these people. Obviously, they didn't make much of an impression on me. ;)

Jenny

From the Bloc
It's funny when you think about who's there. Natalie makes sense, she's playing hard. Amber OK because of Rob, but even there, she was never going to win this thing, neither were Danni or Ethan. If anyone's getting back in this game, at this point anyway, it's gotta be Natalie.

BaileyCatts

Yep. Natalie is the only one really working to figure out those clues and no one else even knows about the Tokens yet, do they? So funny how she messed up those shell things so no one else could figure it out. Does she win a token for herself every time she figures out those clues? I don't remember.

Since I know its unlikely that they will allow Sandra to win due to the "she already has two million dollars" comments we've already heard (yet so does Rob/Amber), Natalie is my other option I want to win. I'm still all in for Sandra, but I'd be good with a Natalie win too. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information