Sport24: Aleksandra Trusova leaving Tutberidze for Plushenko

lala

Thanks. This translation mentioned skating skills, much to my relief. Let's see what kind of choreography and style she will show next season. Look at how Mishin strips Tuktamysheva's programs of their choreography - I am hoping Plushenko wouldn't do the same just to ensure she would land her jumps.

I hope so. I love and respect Mishin but I know he has changed the original choreography of Plush many times. I wouldn't be surprised if the choreographer will be Eman Sandhu.They are working together for some years, Eman's posts

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7bfyLOJGG5/ -
Gentlemen. 💪🏼...Champions aren’t just made on the ice. I’m reminded of this every time I have the pleasure of performing with my good friend Evgeni @plushenkoofficial
Thanks for all the laughs, dude!! You’re a true embodiment & all around great guy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_2xw8kJeb6/ - Missing the ice rink. 🖤@angelsofplushenko

DreamSkates

No, quite the opposite. He said that he wants to turn her into all-around skater (improve her spins, steps, skating skills and etc), and that it’s doable with all the hard work.
Don’t know if they manage to achieve this , but at least has set this goal.
She's still young and maturing as a skater so perhaps a good time to learn from another coach. Whatever happens, it will be exciting to see Plushenko ringside. Might stir up a little extra competition between coaches. After all, of the coaches, who won an Olympic Gold medal?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I watched almost all of the videos on Trusova competitions on a Trusova Video Channel.

IMO (which is not worth much) she is a brilliant jumper, has gorgeous costumes, but the musicality and skating skills.....not so much.

A rather typical Eteri skater. Skate all out over there....do an amazing jump....throw out an arm or a leg.....skate to another spot, jump.....throw out an arm, maybe a step or two....and on and on. She pretty much could have done those programs with any of her music, and it would not have looked much different.

There is a lot of potential there.............and perhaps the coaching change will actually address those shortfalls. Hope so. But I am not holding out a lot of hope.

Tinami Amori

Looks like the Petrosyan story was false and she's staying put.
She said her page was broken into; she cleaned it up and closed it; will not reinstate it.

She states "I am training for Eteri Geogievna. Thank you to my coaching teaming for all their effort (training work)

Tinami Amori

A rather typical Eteri skater.
Kost, Trus, Shcher - are noted by international skating community/professionals - to be extremely different from each other skaters, with different styles and strength...... But of course it takes a poster from FSU to either not notice this positive aspect, or to intentionally seeking out problems with Tutberidze's methods and skaters.

Well, one thing unites top russian skaters with Tutberidze - they medal and/or win GPF/JGPF, Jr and Sr. Worlds, and Olympics..... :D

There is a lot of potential there.............and perhaps the coaching change will actually address those shortfalls. Hope so. But I am not holding out a lot of hope.
Those who "changed", have not yet succeeded.....:D

.... and another thing...... mind your own skaters' (USA) business and coaching changes... You're not a friend of Russia and Russians, and too much rah-rah America for us Russians to take your critique seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

layman

This (coaching change) has the potential to go either way. Either Trusova will come out like gangbusters and win everything (including the next Olympics) or she will flounder. All she really needs to do is land her jumps and she will win. No other lady is so far ahead of the rest of the field technically.

Furthermore, Plushenko's reputation is riding now on Trusova's success. He is going to give her every resource she needs to succeed. She will be his main focus. She won't have to compete in the rink with a million other girls (including her main competitors) for his attention.

Overall, I think Trusova has set herself up for success. It all depends on her now. I don't think she will get another shot at this (in another Olympic cycle). It's now or never. Either way, I applaud the risk that she is taking.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Kost, Trus, Shcher - are noted by international skating community/professionals - to be extremely different from each other skaters, with different styles and strength...... But of course it takes a poster from FSU to either not notice this positive aspect, or to intentionally seeking out problems with Tutberidze's methods and skaters.

Well, one thing unites top russian skaters with Tutberidze - they medal and/or win GPF/JGPF, Jr and Sr. Worlds, and Olympics..... :D

Those who "changed", have not yet succeeded.....:D

.... and another thing...... mind your own skaters' (USA) business and coaching changes... You're not a friend of Russia and Russians, and too much rah-rah America for us Russians to take your critique seriously.
I believe I pointed that out many posts back. And my opinions are neither geopolitical nor informed by dislike of an entire country, race or religion. If you want to talk about coaching changes in other countries I am sure there is a thread for that.

Ka3sha

Back to the topic...

Aleksandra posted a “thank you” post on her Instagram
Automatic translation
My dear friends!
In life, sometimes the moment comes when you need to take a crucial step. This is necessary to go further, to new frontiers, to new achievements. This is not always a simple decision, but if everything is thought out and balanced, then you must go forward decisively and boldly, then nothing can stop you.

I decided on the next leg of the journey to begin cooperation with Evgeny Viktorovich Plushenko. For me, he is not only a great athlete, but above all an outstanding personality and a real person who, having accepted all the challenges, stood up and won.

I remain grateful to my teachers, mentors and coaches who have worked with me up to this point. I thank Olga Mikhailovna Shchevtsova and Larisa Nikolaevna Melkov, who opened for me the wonderful world of figure skating, Alexander Sergeyevich Volkov and Anna Vladimirovna Tsareva, and, of course, Eteri Georgievna Tutberidze, who, without regard to time and circumstances, literally gave me all the best and valuable , what does she have. I am sure that I will still have the opportunity to give my great coach more than one bouquet of her favorite flowers. I also thank Daniel Gleichenhaus for the donated images and the set programs.
With all my heart I want to say thanks to Sergey Viktorovich Dudakov for working with me, for kindness and decency. I am sure that we will meet again and again and I will have the opportunity to tell him personally.
Special thanks to Sergei Rozanov for his work and faith in me. He speaks little of himself, preferring deeds rather than big words, but without his painstaking and honest work, I would not have achieved my achievements and victories. At the decisive moment, he turned my shoulder, he is my reliable friend.
Sincere gratitude to the teachers of the secondary school "Sambo-70" who endured my training schedule and helped to get an education.
Dear friends, thanks again for your support and best wishes for success. I am pleased to have the opportunity to communicate directly with you. Waiting for everyone at my speeches.
I promise I won’t let you down!

Last edited:

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I am sure that I will still have the opportunity to give my great coach more than one bouquet of her favorite flowers.
LOL - trolling Eteri?

I'd suggest a nickname of Trollsova but I'm sure someone would accuse of me being anti-Russian and implying she looks like a Troll doll (which she doesn't, although she certainly has more than enough hair) or a literal troll.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
This (coaching change) has the potential to go either way. Either Trusova will come out like gangbusters and win everything (including the next Olympics) or she will flounder. All she really needs to do is land her jumps and she will win. No other lady is so far ahead of the rest of the field technically.

Furthermore, Plushenko's reputation is riding now on Trusova's success. He is going to give her every resource she needs to succeed. She will be his main focus. She won't have to compete in the rink with a million other girls (including her main competitors) for his attention.

Overall, I think Trusova has set herself up for success. It all depends on her now. I don't think she will get another shot at this (in another Olympic cycle). It's now or never. Either way, I applaud the risk that she is taking.

I completely agree with the simple fact of the matter being that as long as Trusova can get the consistency in her jumps and not have completely terrible programs (honestly, I think she has more artistic sense than most people give credit for), she's going to be tough to beat if she stays as far ahead with her planned technical content as she is now. But this time off the ice can go either way- not just for her but for everyone.

Perky Shae Lynn

I completely agree with the simple fact of the matter being that as long as Trusova can get the consistency in her jumps and not have completely terrible programs (honestly, I think she has more artistic sense than most people give credit for), she's going to be tough to beat if she stays as far ahead with her planned technical content as she is now. But this time off the ice can go either way- not just for her but for everyone.
ITA. Trusova needs guidance. Attention to detail will do wonders for her. She is capable of doing a lot more artistically. Truly, Eteri could not have given her a less appealing vehicle this season if she tried. I don't think Sasha was going anywhere in Tutberidze's camp, not after this season. This can go either way, but at least there is a chance.

VenusH.

LOL - trolling Eteri?

I'd suggest a nickname of Trollsova but I'm sure someone would accuse of me being anti-Russian and implying she looks like a Troll doll (which she doesn't, although she certainly has more than enough hair) or a literal troll.

Well, Eteri certainly deserves to be trolled by Sasha after she made her perform as a troll during step sequence on her short program...

(seriously, you have a girl about whom people say she is boyish in her skating... instead of making her athleticism shine... she got to be TROLL in ugly gimmicky dress that always changed back on her during spins).

Maximillian

RIP TA
Interesting Video about Quads in Ladies FS

I actually watched Sasha Cohen land a quad at her rink during a practice.

Huh, I am/was a huge Cohen fan and I remember the hype about the quads, but I never actually watched any of her attempts, mainly because I assumed they wouldn't even be close, imagine my surprise at how close she was. Her quads are much less painful to watch than Ando's.

Tinami Amori

Huh, I am/was a huge Cohen fan and I remember the hype about the quads, but I never actually watched any of her attempts, mainly because I assumed they wouldn't even be close, imagine my surprise at how close she was. Her quads are much less painful to watch than Ando's.
Was there even a "value" assigned to specific quads back then (relative to the 6.0 system)?

Maximillian

RIP TA
Was there even a "value" assigned to specific quads back then (relative to the 6.0 system)?
I don't think so, but can't remember. I know there was a lot of buzz and media hype about it, I just assumed it was put out there because she had been out of competition for Nationals and Worlds the previous season and she wanted to get her name out there again. I just thought they would have been like Bonaly's or Ando's, imagine my surprise actually watching them all these years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information