Shooting in Las Vegas

Tinami Amori

But how would did he find out about this betting opportunity and how would he collect - was he going to leave the country?
- Betting opportunity was offered to him. Someone noted his gambling tendencies and amounts, and decided he is a useful idiot.
- Collect: abroad, or in cash, many ways... "off radar" entities have such cash and means to pay.
- Leaving the country is always an option.

Very interesting. thank you. I am still thinking the possibility is that someone "challenged him" to do it; "they" had their own purpose which might have not been disclosed to Paddock and misrepresented to him. I hope investigation finds the motive soon...

Rob

Beach Bum
- Betting opportunity was offered to him. Someone noted his gambling tendencies and amounts, and decided he is a useful idiot.
- Collect: abroad, or in cash, many ways... "off radar" entities have such cash and means to pay.
- Leaving the country is always an option.

Very interesting. thank you. I am still thinking the possibility is that someone "challenged him" to do it; "they" had their own purpose which might have not been disclosed to Paddock and misrepresented to him. I hope investigation finds the motive soon...
Definitely more interesting and equally scary as the People magazine theory. "Sick" means that there are random sick people out there who can snap, and "Big bet" means that there are very wealthy groups watching and stalking random people. I do want to know a motive -- sick and snapped is not particularly satisfying as it is the usual explanation for various crimes.

My brother to this day thinks that groupies/acquaintances of OJ murdered Brown and Goldman at the vague suggestion of OJ. He lived in LA and worked in clubs and said that mercenary types hung around OJ regularly. These things are interesting to think about. Underbelly of society.

puglover

I doubt anyone has ever described me as "left leaning" but I also could probably never consistently vote election after election for one party. This I do know - if I lost someone precious to me, an innocent child as in Sandy Hook, or a country music fan out for a pleasant evening as in Las Vegas, I would totally lose my mind if I read some of these comments. When will the pain and suffering be enough to at least have an honest national conversation?

judiz

Personally I have no problem with someone keeping one handgun in their home for protection. However:

I do have a problem when a child is shot with that handgun because the parents refused to realize that kids are drawn to guns, no matter how many times you tell them not to touch.

I have a problem when a father shoots at the noise in the dark only to realize it was his kid sneaking home after missing curfew or his wife wandering around the house with insomnia.

I have a big issue with those that insist they need high powered weapons that can shoot multiple bullets within seconds. No one outside the military should have access to those.

And I still resent that the NRA believes mass shootings can be stopped by one good guy with a gun. Yet to see that good guy and the accidental shootings never seem to make the NRA Facebook page.

Tinami Amori

Definitely more interesting and equally scary as the People magazine theory. "Sick" means that there are random sick people out there who can snap, and "Big bet" means that there are very wealthy groups watching and stalking random people. I do want to know a motive -- sick and snapped is not particularly satisfying as it is the usual explanation for various crimes.
at this point my theory is not exactly "it comes from ISIS" but i am leaning towards "he was challenged into doing it". He is a gambler, which is "risk taker". Risk takers/gamblers are easy to challenge and to draw into a bet. A mental condition is also a possibility. I hope they find motive soon... would be nice to know what to look out for.
This I do know - if I lost someone precious to me, an innocent child as in Sandy Hook, or a country music fan out for a pleasant evening as in Las Vegas, I would totally lose my mind if I read some of these comments. When will the pain and suffering be enough to at least have an honest national conversation?
I am noticing that bi-partisan discussions are taking place. The question is "what is being discussed"? Stricter safety, types of equipment for sale, stricter evaluation of buyers?... or "Getting rid of 2nd amendment"?

Few object to "stricter rules for safety and testing". Many (pro-gun) object to getting rid of 2nd amendment and fell it is their right to keep gun for self-defense at home or on the property (Hunting is another issue in itself).

For me the question is "what triggers a person to commit a mass murder and to be willing to die" and "how can we weed out such people".
Because with "such people" the issue is NOT A TYPE OF WEAPON. They will find means to create a mass murder if they set on it, with trucks, explosives, household items. It is even easier to kill 50 people at a concert with explosives if properly planned.

Reactions: Rob

MacMadame

Doing all the things
From the People article:

Kelly, a criminal profiler for nearly 20 years and the president of profiling team S.T.A.L.K. Inc., tells PEOPLE autopsy results released Wednesday did not uncover any brain abnormalities, such as a tumor.

There you go, @FGRSK8 They did look into your theory.

susan6

I am noticing that bi-partisan discussions are taking place. The question is "what is being discussed"? Stricter safety, types of equipment for sale, stricter evaluation of buyers?... or "Getting rid of 2nd amendment"?

Few object to "stricter rules for safety and testing". Many (pro-gun) object to getting rid of 2nd amendment and fell it is their right to keep gun for self-defense at home or on the property (Hunting is another issue in itself).

I would LOVE to see a discussion in congress about stricter safety regulations and background evaluations, and maybe bans on the sale of specific types of weapons (military grade automatic rifles which, unless you're standing in a war zone, you shouldn't have). BUT....as soon as someone tries to start that discussion, the NRA and their followers start braying that people are trying to get rid of the 2nd amendment. A lot of these people actually DO object to the very idea of stricter rules for safety and testing because they think its a slippery slope to the government confiscating their guns.

I'm perfectly happy with homeowners having their handguns and hunters having their rifles (as long as they're responsible enough to make sure their kids don't get their hands on them). But there's GOT to be a way to keep automatic weapons out of the hands of violent people.

Tinami Amori

I'm perfectly happy with homeowners having their handguns and hunters having their rifles (as long as they're responsible enough to make sure their kids don't get their hands on them). But there's GOT to be a way to keep automatic weapons out of the hands of violent people.
I hope so too..

re: Paddock's brain tissue examination @ Stanford Lab. The guys who got the tissue found the brain mass badly damaged by the bullet Paddock put into his own head, and certain critical to research components of the brain are damaged.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode

No, you desperately want it to be ISIS so you can continue feeling justified in your bigotry.

The only people trying to say that the 2nd Amendment should be scrapped altogether are the NRA, who are trying to scare the gun psychos into buying more and more guns before "they'll TAKE YOUR GUNS!".

Your average everyday Joe Civilian does not need a gun. Any kind of gun. Ever.

Farmers? Yes. Hunters? Yes. Both categories should be extremely heavily regulated, with strict mental health and background checks, strict limits on ammunition and numbers of weapons to be owned. Security guards of course, subject to rigorous checks. All applying for gun licences should be made to attend a mandatory weapons safety course. Requirements to keep guns and ammunition separate in heavy safes. The gun kept loaded under your bed? Illegal. Put it in the safe. A fcuking assault rifle? Illegal. No civilian needs an assault rifle.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The only people trying to say that the 2nd Amendment should be scrapped altogether are the NRA, who are trying to scare the gun psychos into buying more and more guns before "they'll TAKE YOUR GUNS!".
This isn't really true. There are definitely some people who want to scrap the 2nd amendment. But they are a small minority and they aren't the people that the NRA claims want to take away all the guns.

You can see this in the public discussion going on right now.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

The People crime theory sounds plausible. His childhood, family, addiction to gambling, the suppressed anger for decades could lead to extreme violence. There was nothing to keep it in check. He was very methodical. He had even explored events in other cities. So it's not like he did it because he lost a lot of money And suddenly had a fit of rage. It sounds more like he was a ticking time bomb.

The article doesn't say if they found Valium in his system, but even without it he may have had enough stored anger, and he had the money to buy all the things he needed. I seriously doubt that he had an accomplice. He was antisocial. He liked to do things by himself.

Tinami Amori

No, you desperately want it to be ISIS so you can continue feeling justified in your bigotry.
You need to learn to read more accurately... :lol: and don't abuse the term "bigotry", it's starting to loose its intensity..
"at this point my theory is not exactly "it comes from ISIS""
... but ISIS is not out of contentions since they themselves offered that option... :lol:

- The only people trying to say that the 2nd Amendment should be scrapped altogether are the NRA, who are trying to scare the gun psychos into buying more and more guns before "they'll TAKE YOUR GUNS!".

- (your opinion) Your average everyday Joe Civilian does not need a gun. Any kind of gun. Ever.
Do you know what an "oxymoron" is?.... :lol:

Hunters? Yes.
ah.... you are ok with killing poor animals running free, when food stores are full of food... shame on you... :D

Requirements to keep guns and ammunition separate in heavy safes. The gun kept loaded under your bed? Illegal. Put it in the safe. .
When, or rather if, you acquire your own property, or two or three, you can get a gun and keep it anywhere you want to. Since i don't have children in the house, i will keep mine where i chose to on my own property...... and there is nothing you can do about it, except yap-yap and have your usual bile expressions, which is entertaining to me, and actually is very bad for your health...:biggrinbo

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Another sad turn of events.

*** Husband and wife who survived Las Vegas massacre die weeks later in car accident :
http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-wife-survived-las-vegas-massacre-die-weeks/story?id=50809128
When gunfire erupted in Las Vegas earlier this month in what would become the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history, Dennis Carver shielded his wife, Lorraine, from the bullets and guided her to safety, even as others were shot around them.
Then, just two weeks later, tragedy struck the Carver family.

Lorraine and Dennis were killed in an accident when their car careened off the road and struck a cinder block column, ripping off the rear axle and rupturing the gas tank, according to Officer William Strom of the California Highway Patrol, which is overseeing the investigation.

The car then spun and went head on into another cinder block column, after which it rolled and burst into flames, Strom said. The Carvers were the only people in the car and the cause of the crash was unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information