Shooting on the campus of Michigan State University.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I started a thread about this in the PI forum, but later I felt that OTBT May be a better place for visibility. Admins, please feel free to move one or the other. Thanks.

This an evolving situation.

So far three have been reported dead, and five others are injured. Students and faculty are hiding in classrooms and other buildings on the campus in East Lansing, Michigan.

The shooter is still at large. Does anyone on fsu have a connection with this campus?

Hoping for safety of everyone. It sounds very scary.

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has released a statement.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
According to Twitter the suspect was confronted and shot himself. I'm so numb to this BS happening constantly everywhere. I went to Michigan State for my freshman year and I had a lot of friends who went there, sent their kids there and one who still works there. Clearly, everyone is not okay. I'm not sure what to hope for.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
My cousin's son went to MSU for his PhD. It was many years ago, so at least I don't have to worry about him, but I am worried about those currently attending that school. It is a well known school, with a very strong basketball program.

Winnipeg

SUch a sad story for all involved/affected. I heard on the news that the shooter had no ties to the university. However, he apparently had a past gun law violation and was reported as having mental problems. There must be some way to id potential shooters before it gets to this point?

Having said that, I do not know what the answer is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information