Sherlock Season 3 - PBS broadcast schedule - spoiler-free zone

Artemis@BC

I got 93% -- the only one I got wrong was the one about Lady Smallwood's car (I don't do cars!).

But a few were just lucky guesses -- like the football game, and the name of Magnussen’s evil empire.

dardar1126

I got 93% -- the only one I got wrong was the one about Lady Smallwood's car (I don't do cars!).

But a few were just lucky guesses -- like the football game, and the name of Magnussen’s evil empire.

Good job! :)

Brits (or Canadians ;) ) may have noticed/recognized some of the answer items/people/places more readily than non-Brits (the coin, the football teams...i.e. 2 of the 3 that I missed...I also missed Lady Smallwood's past profession).

algonquin

I love that show.
So many layers to it, the whole season, especially the 1st episode ( Empty Hearse) massively improves on rewatch.
It's hard to wait for two years!
Two years? Isn't back in Britian next Christmas?

dardar1126

Two years? Isn't back in Britian next Christmas?

That's a rumor/wishful thinking. I hope it's true, but Steven Moffat has said it could be a longer wait; it all depends on the availability of Benedict and Martin. And Steven and Mark also write and produce Dr. Who, so their plates are pretty full too.

A year would be a tough wait...two years would be HELL! :eek:

Grannyfan

I love Mrs. Hudson sooooo much! She gets the best lines.

"Sherlock, if you've been youtubing . . ." :lol:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I posted the following on a friend's wall:

I can believe that John inadvertently married a former government assassin.

I can believe that Sherlock had sleepovers with his girlfriend without ever actually having sex with her.

I can believe that Sherlock stood there debating whether to fall forward or backward after being shot. If I try hard, I can even believe that the small eternity in which he debated it was only a few seconds long.

I can believe that Magnussen kept enough information to fill a huge vault inside his mind, without recording any of it. (Okay, that one's a bit of a stretch, but TV has given us enough supergeniuses that I can manage to accept it.)

But I CANNOT believe that Mrs. Hudson was ever an exotic dancer.

Vagabond

I can believe that Magnussen kept enough information to fill a huge vault inside his mind, without recording any of it. (Okay, that one's a bit of a stretch, but TV has given us enough supergeniuses that I can manage to accept it.)

This one had me wondering. Sherlock said he saw the letters Lady Smallwood's husband had written. Was he mistaken? It seems unlikely that in this particular instance he would be deliberately misleading John.

That said, I get the feeling that not every loose end is going to be wrapped up before the series eventually ends. That's fine with me because the series has departed from many conventions of the detective genre and seems most interested in the relationship between the two (or, now, three) major characters.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
This one had me wondering. Sherlock said he saw the letters Lady Smallwood's husband had written. Was he mistaken? It seems unlikely that in this particular instance he would be deliberately misleading John.

Good point. Maybe he just kept things like that until he had committed them to memory, and then destroyed them. Or maybe he kept them to toy with Sherlock.

Artemis@BC

I think it was Magnusson misleading Sherlock. As he was leaving Baker St (after pissing in the fireplace, good god!), he showed the corner of some "letters" in his jacket pocket, deliberately teasing Sherlock with them. Sherlock was mistaken, and assumed they were the letters since Magnusson was there to supposedly negotiate terms -- but since Magnusson had no intention of actually giving anything up, it would make sense that he'd bring something fake with him.

Whether he was also deliberately baiting Sherlock to break into his London office/apartment is another question.

dardar1126

Twitter:

huffpostgay ‏@huffpostgay 44m
Sherlock and Watson walk into a gay bar... http://huff.to/1eBh5Z3

What I would pay to see THIS! :lol:

EDIT:

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/...uture-might-always-get-three-episodes-series/

Sherlock: Producers say about show’s future “you might not always get three episodes a series!”

February 6th, 2014 by Anna Howell.

:( If we only get two episodes, then they should be two hours in length!**

**But producer Sue Vertue says in the article that the length would remain 90 minutes per episode.

Last edited:

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
One of my biggest problems with there only being three this time is the whole Mary thing felt insanely rushed--I'm not emotionally crushed for John because who the hell is this person again? I haven't seen them TOGETHER enough to care if it works.

Vagabond

It is a series, inasmuch as it has several episodes running over several seasons. It's just that each season has so few episodes. It reminds me a bit of the component series featured in The NBC Mystery Movie, except that it's got better production values and scripts.

I don't think that the people making "Sherlock" give a rusty hoot about how the organizations that dole out the Emmy Awards choose to categorize it.

Artemis@BC

It is a series, inasmuch as it has several episodes running over several seasons. It's just that each season has so few episodes. It reminds me a bit of the component series featured in The NBC Mystery Movie, except that it's got better production values and scripts.

A lot of British shows have only 6 episode per season (or per "series" as they call them on that side of the pond, for added confusion). And when each episode is 90 minutes or more, 3 or 4 seems to be the magic number. Lewis is another one that springs to mind that followed that formula.

Sure, I'd love more ... but I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information