Sherlock Season 3 - PBS broadcast schedule - spoiler-free zone

Vagabond

Were you on that bender with John and Sherlock? ;)

You are making the unwarranted assumption that I am neither John nor Sherlock.

:nopryde:

ETA:

From The Personal Blog of Dr. John H. Watson:

The Mayfly Man

We'd just returned from a quiet, civilised evening in the pub when our latest client arrived at Baker Street.

The Elephant in the Room

And... sorry! It's another one that I can't actually blog about because of the Official Secrets Act! I've probably said too much as it is. Although I'm not as bad as Sherlock. The amount of times I've had to stop him telling people about it. I swear, I'm going to have to follow him at the wedding to stop him telling people!

Last edited:

znachki

Just bringing this up on the page.

Although, I did see a couple of very excellent JohnLock videos today that I will post as soon as the last Ep airs - spoilers don'tcha know...

Anyone have any speculation on the next ep?

Can't wait, and I'm very glad that I live in Seattle so that I don't have to miss anything on Sunday. Seahawks, Downton and Sherlock!

dardar1126

WOW...that episode...WHOA! :eek: Gonna watch again before commenting.

Here's some trivia via Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 57m
Other #SherlockPBS trivia: #1 Watson's wife = played by M. Freeman's real life partner Amanda Abbington;

PBS ‏@PBS 55m
Other #SherlockPBS trivia: #2 young Sherlock = played by Louis Moffat (son of Sherlock writer/creator Steven Moffat)

We knew #1, but I doubt many/any of us knew #2! :)

ssminnow

I loved the episode for the most part, but I still don't get why Mary had to shoot Sherlock. Why couldn't she have just shot Magnussen and then plead with Sherlock to not tell John?

CynicElle

WOW...that episode...WHOA! :eek: Gonna watch again before commenting.

Here's some trivia via Twitter:

We knew #1, but I doubt many/any of us knew #2! :)

I did not know #2. Little Sherlock was adorable!

And I loved that episode -- it might be my favorite one of the series thus far. Man, Lars Mikkelsen as Magnussen was even creepier than his brother Mads is as Hannibal Lecter! :yikes:

I was already spoiled for the shocker at the end, but even so, seeing it play out was great. I loved the "fade to end credits" fakeout, too.

kittyjake5

Mary, Mary who would have thought! Would love to see Mary take on Irene "the woman".

Excellent episode!

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
Also apparently Sherlock's parents are..Sherlock's parents. (Conveniently, mum and dad are actors, too.)

I have to agree with someone on FB..."How can we miss you when you never went away?" It's not all that shocking or surprising when he's barely been gone. Also the show spent so much time on ooh, ahh, Sherlock's "mental palace" and visual tricks and jump cuts...I never really cared about the villain and whoops, he's dead anyway...no discernible reason except a short contrived "Sherlock's totally going away forever! fakeout.) I'm tired of information being withheld from viewers (more specifics about Mary and what Sherlock figured out) just to be coy and create fake tension. This season seems to be 90% gimmick, 10% plot so far.

dardar1126

OK, I don't even know where to begin...soooooooooooooo much awesomeness! :D

Magnussen - What a slimy, creepy villain! :yikes: Not only the blackmail, but licking that lady's face and pissing on Sherlock's shelf...eeeeeewwwwwwww! :slinkaway He got what he deserved, but at what cost to Sherlock?

Mary - Did NOT see THAT coming! :wideeyes: I too don't quite understand why she didn't just kill Magnussen and work out a plausible story with Sherlock. I wonder what was on that memory stick, and what A.G.R.A. stands for? Will be interesting to see where her story goes from here.

Janine - Some sexy goings-on! ;) But I figured it was some kind of game or ruse on Sherlock's part...but it was hot while it lasted. And John's reactions were PRICELESS! :)

Christmas with the parents - Sooooooooooooo funny! :lol: I love seeing the dysfunctional family played out...the sibling rivalry between Mycroft and Sherlock, the boys' exasperation with their parents, the boys hiding their smoking from mum...good stuff! I love Wanda and Timothy!!

The "return" of Moriarty - WHOA! :eek: He's DEAD, right? RIGHT? :confused: But he's on the telly...did he prearrange this with an ally in case of his death? To what evil purpose? Can't wait to find out.

The departure and rapid return of Sherlock - Touching scene between Sherlock and John...I love their heartfelt scenes of love and friendship. :wuzrobbed So, will Sherlock get away with murdering Magnussen because England needs his help?

I've read that we may get the next series by this coming Christmas (or the UK will)...hope this is true...I need more SHERLOCK, and SOON!

EDIT:

Sherlock in the drug den - Interesting seeing him so grungy and disheveled. I loved the scene of Molly slapping him and telling him to get his act together...I like forceful Molly!

Last edited:

skatesindreams

How long must we wait for the next series?
I have enjoyed all of the "Unlocking Sherlock" episodes, and other extras shared, as well.

znachki

Magnussen - What a slimy, creepy villain! :yikes: Not only the blackmail, but licking that lady's face and pissing on Sherlock's shelf...eeeeeewwwwwwww!

I know - ugh!

Mary - Did NOT see THAT coming! ... I wonder what was on that memory stick, and what A.G.R.A. stands for?

I know, right? I believe she said that A.G. RA were her initials.

Janine - Some sexy goings-on! ;) But I figured it was some kind of game or ruse on Sherlock's part...but it was hot while it lasted. And John's reactions were PRICELESS! :)

Not too sexy. He does say in the hospital that he was saving "that" for after the wedding. Also, when I saw it a second time, it was very clear when he kissed her goodbye that he was up to something. Take a look at his face, and the instant turn off of the smile.

Christmas with the parents - Sooooooooooooo funny! :lol: I love seeing the dysfunctional family played out...the sibling rivalry between Mycroft and Sherlock, the boys' exasperation with their parents, the boys hiding their smoking from mum...good stuff! I love Wanda and Timothy!!

Yes to all of this!

The "return" of Moriarty...did he prearrange this with an ally in case of his death? To what evil purpose? Can't wait to find out.
That or it's possible that he used one of his decoys (which is right out of the stories)

There have been discussions by people saying that they didn't like Sherlock being a murderer. But really, you have to think that he's killed at least a few people off screen. His stints post Irene Adler and in hunting down Moriarity's network. I think he just "did the math". How else was he goint to stop Magnusson?

C'mon Christmas....

Also? Crack vid #3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI39P5iI5Rg

dardar1126

I know, right? I believe she said that A.G. RA were her initials.

Not too sexy. He does say in the hospital that he was saving "that" for after the wedding. Also, when I saw it a second time, it was very clear when he kissed her goodbye that he was up to something. Take a look at his face, and the instant turn off of the smile.

C'mon Christmas....

A.G.R.A. - Yes, her initials, but what do they stand for...there's the mystery yet unsolved.

I saw that quick expression change from big smile to all business...I love seeing Benedict go so rapidly between different emotional levels and expressions (like in the best man's speech).

Any wait for the next series will be TOO LONG! :watch:

EDIT: I just remembered...

William Sherlock Scott Holmes!

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Bizarre ep, but ultimately a very good one. I laughed SO HARD at the smoking part. "Are you smoking?" "NO!" "It was Mycroft!" Also at "Sherlock is actually a girl's name." Nice try, honey. :lol:

Besides being Mary's initials, A.G.R.A. is also a reference to the treasure from Agra, India, in "The Sign of Four." (No, I did not remember that on my own. I heard someone mention it. :) )

dardar1126

Besides being Mary's initials, A.G.R.A. is also a reference to the treasure from Agra, India, in "The Sign of Four." (No, I did not remember that on my own. I heard someone mention it. :) )

I love the little Easter eggs and clues that the writer(s) put in! :)

EDIT:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/sher...ret-finale-interview.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Today at 9:40 AM
Sherlock’s Amanda Abbington on the Finale, Mary’s Big Secret, and Drunk Martin Freeman
By Denise Martin

EDIT2:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 9m
NEW #SherlockPBS video: Martin Freeman & @CHIMPSINSOCKS discuss being both an on/off-screen couple - http://to.pbs.org/MndAuA

EDIT3:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-02-03/america-reacts-to-sherlock-series-3-finale

America reacts to Sherlock series 3 finale

SPOILER ALERT: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman went up against the Super Bowl last night - but what did American viewers and critics make of the twists and turns of His Last Vow?

Last edited:

Jubak

I was watching the actor, Lars Mikkelsen, who plays Magnussen thinking that he looked almost exactly like the actor who plays "Hannibal" on the NBC show, but I knew that he wasn't balding. Looked it up - they are brothers, with Mad Mikkelsen being in Hannibal - both are playing such creepy characters. It's the slashing, prominent cheekbones.

CynicElle

Bizarre ep, but ultimately a very good one. I laughed SO HARD at the smoking part. "Are you smoking?" "NO!" "It was Mycroft!" Also at "Sherlock is actually a girl's name." Nice try, honey. :lol:

I cracked up every time their mother called Mycroft "Mike". You know she is the ONLY person who can get away with that. :lol:

dinakt

I love that show.
So many layers to it, the whole season, especially the 1st episode ( Empty Hearse) massively improves on rewatch.
It's hard to wait for two years!

Artemis@BC

Also at "Sherlock is actually a girl's name." Nice try, honey. :lol:

Well they could always call her Shirley ... :lol:

I'm still processing the awesomeness of this episode, and the whole season. (If we can actually call it a "season" when it's only 3 episodes, boo.) Definitely going to have to watch it again very soon.

I do agree with danceronice somewhat, though, that the "there's a huge secret but we're not going to tell you about it" is a trick used once too often. Although, I think in this case (re: Mary/Agra) the fact that we know a little, but not the actual details, is okay. I'm sure they've done it at least in part as a nod to the fandom, letting us all come up with our own theories (and maybe even form little clubs to debate those theories), but it also fits with the whole air of mystery of both the original Conan Doyle Sherlock, and the Sherlock that is the genius love-child of Moffat and Gatiss.

BTW, I would have put money on Irene showing up somehow in this episode, since they showed her (and I do mean showed her!) briefly in Sherlock's mind palace last episode. Huh. But maybe an Irene-Mary showdown is something they're saving up for next season. Plus it would have been hard for Sherlock to work Janine if Irene were around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information