Sherlock Season 3 - PBS broadcast schedule - spoiler-free zone

Artemis@BC

(For those who have exercised tremendous self-control and are waiting for the Masterpiece broadcast starting on January 19 ... this is the place for you.)

I just finished watching "Unlocking Sherlock," and on the weekend re-watched "The Reichenbach Fall" ... so I'm more than ready for Sunday night now!

I'm glad I watched Unlocking: I almost didn't, because I thought it was the same as the behind-the-scenes thingie on the season 2 DVD. It was very well done, and I particularly enjoyed the readings of the original texts juxtaposed with scenes from the show -- since I certainly didn't have that level of memory about the Conan-Doyle books.

Anyway, roll on Sunday! I can't remember the last time I've anticipated anything this much!

dardar1126

Thanks for starting this new thread...can hardly wait until Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

znachki

Benedict Cumberbatch is on the cover of this weeks Entertainment Weekly http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/01/15/this-weeks-cover-sherlock-benedict-cumberbatch/

All I can say is YOWZA!:swoon:

Accompanying blurb contains a casting spoiler and a bit of general story information that might be considered spoilery if you don't want to know anything. Although if you've seen the ads or previews I believe you've seen this info.

Also, you could avert your eyes and not read the story, because - PICTURE! :swoon:

Artemis@BC

Back off, he's mine! I saw him first!

(Well, not first ... but I was a fan long before his Sherlock days. And I have seen him perform live. :swoon:)

znachki

Back off, he's mine! I saw him first!

(Well, not first ... but I was a fan long before his Sherlock days. And I have seen him perform live. :swoon:)

I hate you! Not really.

I remember first seeing him in "To the Ends of the Earth" and thinking weird name but wow!

What did you see him in? I fear that it will be awhile before he'll be doing any stage work, given the amount of movies he's been doing lately.

Thing is, he should always have that longish black hair, which is not his own. I'm such a sucker for the black hair/light eyes combo..

Artemis@BC

I saw him live in London in Hedda Gabler (2005) -- total fluke, it was a same-day half-price ticket thing, I didn't even know he was in it til I read the program. I'd "noticed" him (iykwim, :D) before that in Tipping the Velvet and Fortysomething.

He's a very busy boy with movies these days, but I'd be willing to bet there will be a too-good-to-pass-up theatre role coming his way before too long. And wouldn't it be a bonus if it were on this side of the pond?

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
I saw him live in London in Hedda Gabler (2005) -- total fluke, it was a same-day half-price ticket thing, I didn't even know he was in it til I read the program. I'd "noticed" him (iykwim, :D) before that in Tipping the Velvet and Fortysomething.

He's a very busy boy with movies these days, but I'd be willing to bet there will be a too-good-to-pass-up theatre role coming his way before too long. And wouldn't it be a bonus if it were on this side of the pond?

Wasn't he just in Frankenstein in London last year? With Johnny Lee Miller, no less. So it sounds like he still keeps his hand in the stage acting, even when he's busy with other projects. So you do have hope.

Artemis@BC

Wasn't he just in Frankenstein in London last year? With Johnny Lee Miller, no less. So it sounds like he still keeps his hand in the stage acting, even when he's busy with other projects. So you do have hope.

That was actually in 2011. After season 1 of Sherlock but before Khan and Smaug -- so his career was already rising steadily at that point but it hadn't yet completely exploded (in a good way!).

algonquin

We just borrowed season 3 from the library and will re-watch the last episode before Sunday. So, so excited for season 3.

dardar1126

Hello, handsome!!

Who's heard him in the BBC radio show Cabin Pressure? It's hilarious. His character could not possibly be any more different from Sherlock, but he nails it.

I bought the whole Cabin Pressure series...absolutely, freakin' BRILLIANT! :lol: John Finnemore (who plays Arthur & writes the series) has said that there will be one more series**; is expected that Benedict will be in it. I love the whole cast...Roger Allam is so funny!

Another comedy with Benedict is Starter for Ten, starring James McAvoy and Rebecca Hall (who reunited w/Benedict a couple of years ago in Parade's End). Alice Eve was also in it...she reunited with Benedict in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

I'm really glad that Gatiss and Moffat have included so much humor in Sherlock...everyone knew Martin was funny, but many probably didn't know that Benedict is too.

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_Pressure_(radio_series)

Final episode

Finnemore has stated that a final 45-minute special episode ("Zurich") will be recorded early in 2014.

Last edited:

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
I think he's kind of peculiar looking, but I guess I can see how people would find him sexy. The voice, yeah.

We're plunging ahead with illegal downloads :EVILLE:. . . and I don't think it's spoilery to say that BC as Sherlock doing a huge cheesy fake smile is the scariest thing ever.

Artemis@BC

... Sunday night at 9:58/8:58c (note special start time!)

Thanks for that. Somewhat moot for me as I'll be watching Downton Abbey before that, but I'll probably want to record Sherlock for 2nd viewing.

Mind you, with all the commercials PBS plays now before and after the big shows, the actual episode probably won't start til around 10:05. But I'd hate to miss Alan Cumming's intro.

We're plunging ahead with illegal downloads ... and I don't think it's spoilery to say that BC as Sherlock doing a huge cheesy fake smile is the scariest thing ever.

Scarier than Sheldon's huge cheesy fake smile? Coz that's pretty freakin' scary!

znachki

Just looked at the time allotment for the show - 1:58. So, that's good. The run time of the episode is pretty much the full 1:30. I was concerned they'd shoe-horn it into a 1:30 slot at the risk of some trimming. So, looking good for no cuts.

znachki

Just bumping this up for Sunday. Can't wait - even though I've already seen it! I've also ordered the UK DVDs. I love my region free DVD player!!!

dardar1126

Just bumping this up for Sunday. Can't wait - even though I've already seen it! I've also ordered the UK DVDs. I love my region free DVD player!!!

I bought a region-free DVD player last year...best purchase EVER!! :D And I recently discovered that my laptop is region-free in playing DVDs...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

znachki

I bought a region-free DVD player last year...best purchase EVER!! :D And I recently discovered that my laptop is region-free in playing DVDs...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Be careful with the computer. I know in certain cases you cna only switch back and forth a certain number of times before it locks you to one region.

dardar1126

Be careful with the computer. I know in certain cases you can only switch back and forth a certain number of times before it locks you to one region.

The thing is I didn't have to choose a region per se; it just plays whatever DVD I insert. Does that/would that make a difference? :confused:

znachki

The thing is I didn't have to choose a region per se; it just plays whatever DVD I insert. Does that/would that make a difference? :confused:

Might be OK then. I know at some point I got a message to the effect that if I did it again I couldn't switch. But, if you've done it several times, then its probably a non-issue.

liv

I checked my PBS station (WNED Buffalo) and they said they aren't showing Season 3 until February 13th because they feel it deserves a better time slot than 10 pm Sunday night! they will be showing it on Thursdays at 9! Grrrrr. I've been waiting for sooooo long! Anyone else have this issue?

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
I checked my PBS station (WNED Buffalo) and they said they aren't showing Season 3 until February 13th because they feel it deserves a better time slot than 10 pm Sunday night! they will be showing it on Thursdays at 9! Grrrrr. I've been waiting for sooooo long! Anyone else have this issue?

Ah, that sucks. No, here closer to NYC, they're showing it Sunday at 9:58pm. I'd invite you over, but that'd be some drive.

dardar1126

Each episode should be available to watch at PBS.org the day after the national broadcast...if that helps a little. :)

dardar1126

Some information about the Season 3 DVD (which I've already ordered, thank you very much! :) ):

http://www.anglotopia.net/british-e...er&utm_campaign=Feed:+Anglotopia+(Anglotopia)

SPECIAL FEATURES

The two disc DVD and Blu Ray releases of Season Three will include three special behind the scenes featurettes, The Fall, Fans, Villains & Speculation: The Legacy of Sherlock Holmes and Shooting Sherlock.

Also, ordered digital copies of Unlocking Sherlock and Inseparable (short 12 minute film w/Benedict) from Amazon...only $1.99 each (plus tax)! :D

Artemis@BC

I hope they put "Many Happy Returns" on the DVD too. It's still available online, but not the same.

dardar1126

Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 1h
For those of you asking, both Downton Abbey and Sherlock will be available online, on the PBS app, on Roku and Apple TV starting tomorrow.

EDIT:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/sherlock-empty-hearse/

EPISODE 01 | AIRED JAN 19, 2014
'Sherlock' season premiere recap: Legends of the Fall
'The Empty Hearse': Sherlock's brilliant premiere trolls Watson and fans alike
By James Hibberd | Published Jan 19, 2014

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information