San Jose, California will host 2018 U.S. Nationals (Dec. 29, 2017 - Jan. 7, 2018)

acraven

For those at the event: a staffer at the USFS booth told me that Detroit will not be selling tickets at the event. They listened to the previous years' complaints about ticket holders having to skip events to stand in line to buy tickets for the future.

Also, the Skate Radio is supposed to be working today. They found that some sort of electronic equipment was blocking the signal. That said, the first group of senior pairs us on the ice, and all I've got is static.

jkl

:wall: Yes Detroit does not have a booth here. I asked at the USFSA booth who would be able to answer questions. She said she would try. She did not know what the official hotel was or when tickets would go on sale. But we will be getting an email. So why can't they have an info booth without selling tickets....Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Anita18

It depends!
I am at SAP Center and was able to bring in my laptop yaaaaay! It's in a tote bag that's about diaper-bag sized, they said it was fine going through the bag check.

letsskate

Am I allowed to bring any kind of water/beverage and snack into the arena? or do I have to buy over there? And is it cold inside? thanks!

Anita18

It depends!
Am I allowed to bring any kind of water/beverage and snack into the arena? or do I have to buy over there? And is it cold inside? thanks!
They're allowing bottled water, I saw a bunch of people with their own bottles. (Including yours truly.) I think a lot of people are electing to buy hot food there, but I don't think they're stopping people from bringing snacks in.

I'm usually a VERY cold person and I had a down jacket on in the 7th row. It was getting a little warm to me then, haha. I saw a lot of people wearing fleece.

letsskate

They're allowing bottled water, I saw a bunch of people with their own bottles. (Including yours truly.) I think a lot of people are electing to buy hot food there, but I don't think they're stopping people from bringing snacks in.

I'm usually a VERY cold person and I had a down jacket on in the 7th row. It was getting a little warm to me then, haha. I saw a lot of people wearing fleece.

ok thanks for the info!! excited to be there tomorrow. :D

jkl

I walked down to Whole Foods during events. I got some hot items in one of their containers and brought it in with no problem. Security did look in the bag and waved me through after they looked in every zipper compartment of my purse.

Carolla5501

For those at the event: a staffer at the USFS booth told me that Detroit will not be selling tickets at the event. They listened to the previous years' complaints about ticket holders having to skip events to stand in line to buy tickets for the future.

Stupid move of the year. I bet this does not Help sales. Fans like me might have gotten caught up in the moment and bought. Just makes it easier for me to stick to my resolution not to go

They are very lax. I bring in a Diet Coke and snacks every time. (It’s a Pepsi arena. Yuck)

DinDonShamu

Thanks for all the useful information everyone! Attended my first session tonight (men's short). Attendance was a bit ... sparse. Hope to see more audience in the free skates.

AnnM

You can bring in food and beverages, as long as nothing is in a glass container. I brought in both lunch and dinner today, as did my seatmates. It hasn't been an issue all week. The security guard I had today even asked people what they were having tonight and if there's enough to share. ;)

Debbie S

Is anyone able to get their Skate Radio to work? I've got brand new batteries in mine and I got mostly static on Channel A, the in-arena "B channel" with the technical stuff. I could hear talking but the static pretty much drowned it out.

acraven

I had the same experience as you, Debbie. I reported it to the USFS booth folks. It is beyond annoying since they haven't bothered to develop an Android app.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Is anyone able to get their Skate Radio to work? I've got brand new batteries in mine and I got mostly static on Channel A, the in-arena "B channel" with the technical stuff. I could hear talking but the static pretty much drowned it out.
I saw somewhere, twitter maybe, that there's some sort of equipment in the SAP Center that is blocking/interfering with the radio waves. They were trying to fix it, but who knows.

sjs5572

Hello all. I am making a dinner reservation at the Sizzle Spot for 8:45 PM Saturday. Let me know today via private message if you'd like to go. Sizzle Spot is 740 story st. San Jose. 10 minute drive from SAP Center. I have a 30% off discount which is attached to my credit card, so please bring cash.

myhoneyhoney

Several people next to me yesterday had big DSLR-sized cameras, so I think you should be good!

Thanks! I'll take it, the worst I get is taking it back to the car. Geez, I'll need a backpack with the camera and food :D

Time to make my signs!

Last edited:

skatfan

I saw somewhere, twitter maybe, that there's some sort of equipment in the SAP Center that is blocking/interfering with the radio waves. They were trying to fix it, but who knows.

Which is lame because they've been in the arena since Monday and could have tested this out well before the competition started.

Carolla5501

Which is lame because they've been in the arena since Monday and could have tested this out well before the competition started.

It’s pretty apparent they are not promoting this any longer. No radios, no in arena info. It may be on its way out

Debbie S

Then they better develop an app for Android.

Just got on fan shuttle, 12 min late. I was in the process of calling an Uber. Driver apologized and said she was late b/c she had "an accident with a garbage can." I'm feeling secure right now. :yikes:

Quintuple

papillon d'amour
@Anita18 and others at SAP: Sorry if I missed this: Is the wireless free, reliable, work-worthy? Does it require a password?

I was debating sitting in the arena to work, but oh well. I'm going to run a meeting with really aggro people in a few minutes then drive down to SJ.

I was just going to drive back home after the Ladies Free Skate tonight - but if anyone wants to eat or get a drink and discuss (and people watch?), hit me up!!! I can drive if anyone needs a ride. (Better in this thread than PM.)

Anita18

It depends!
@Anita18 and others at SAP: Sorry if I missed this: Is the wireless free, reliable, work-worthy? Does it require a password?

I was debating sitting in the arena to work, but oh well. I'm going to run a meeting with really aggro people in a few minutes then drive down to SJ.

I was just going to drive back home after the Ladies Free Skate tonight - but if anyone wants to eat or get a drink and discuss (and people watch?), hit me up!!! I can drive if anyone needs a ride. (Better in this thread than PM.)
It works pretty well. I was able to do some work yesterday. You have to click on a T&S button but then you should be in. For some reason, on my phone it wanted a name, email, and address but I just put fake ones in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information