Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
well some events have lower scores from lack of entries
so kind of unfair if just the six events medalists will be considered, a room for compromise

They should go with : JGP medals ranking as per ISU rules + 2 extra (highest score ISU JGP 201-22 season).
The JGPF only has top 6 qualifiers, just like the GPF.

Right now - Thorngren and Petrosian both have 26 points; Samodelkina and Ruiter both have 24 points; Levito, Zhilina and Akateva each have 15; Muravieva and Zinina each have 13 points. Zhilina & Akateva will have 30 & 28 points (in some order) after next week. Assuming that Muravieva gets assigned to Austria, that's where the points could get interesting - say Muravieva & Zinina finish 1-2 ahead of Levito, one of them will have 28 points, the other will tie for 26 points with Levito, Thorngren & Petrosian and be left home by virtue of those 3 each having a higher individual placement (1st & 3rd) than Muravieva (2nd & 2nd).

That's the way it works on the senior GP and sometimes, it's just the way the cookie crumbles with regard to the relative strength of each field. We dissect it on the senior GP far more than on the JGP because the host nations control the assignments on the senior GP and we can see some of the obvious choices to strengthen their own skaters' chances of making the GPF in each discipline.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
The JGPF only has top 6 qualifiers, just like the GPF.

Right now - Thorngren and Petrosian both have 26 points; Samodelkina and Ruiter both have 24 points; Levito, Zhilina and Akateva each have 15; Muravieva and Zinina each have 13 points. Zhilina & Akateva will have 30 & 28 points (in some order) after next week. Assuming that Muravieva gets assigned to Austria, that's where the points could get interesting - say Muravieva & Zinina finish 1-2 ahead of Levito, one of them will have 28 points, the other will tie for 26 points with Levito, Thorngren & Petrosian and be left home by virtue of those 3 each having a higher individual placement (1st & 3rd) than Muravieva (2nd & 2nd).

That's the way it works on the senior GP and sometimes, it's just the way the cookie crumbles with regard to the relative strength of each field. We dissect it on the senior GP far more than on the JGP because the host nations control the assignments on the senior GP and we can see some of the obvious choices to strengthen their own skaters' chances of making the GPF in each discipline.
JGP is kind of different coz you can sub or move your skaters to another event
in senior GP, you cant, its determined by WS and host country invitation.

Karen-W

Ka3sha

From Yesterday's "In Love with Figure Skating" show:

Evgenia Medvedeva
Alegria
Memoirs of a Geisha

Alina Zagitova

Stanislava Konstantinova
Gipsy Dance SP

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Konstantinova skating to Alysa Liu’s Don Q ballet Gypsy Dance music, which is rarely used. Interesting...just a weird coincidence, I’m sure.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Konstantinova skating to Alysa Liu’s Don Q ballet Gypsy Dance music, which is rarely used. Interesting...just a weird coincidence, I’m sure.
Let's recall that Higuchi used it as her short program when she was on the World Championship podium and it was choreographed by Scali. It's not an 'overused' piece, but it definitely isn't something that randomly showed up because Liu skated to it.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Let's recall that Higuchi used it as her short program when she was on the World Championship podium and it was choreographed by Scali. It's not an 'overused' piece, but it definitely isn't something that randomly showed up because Liu skated to it.
Right! Had forgotten about Higuchi’s take. Scali too? Hmm. 😆

hanca

Values her privacy
Apparently Zhilina will be out for months. Torn ligament.
I thought she broke her leg.

oleada

Sad for Zhilina. She was fantastic at her first event. I love Kulikova and glad she gets a second event, but I wish it had been under better circumstances.

I saw a video of Sofia Titova at the latest Russian cup. I assume she is not age eligible or she’d have been in the JGP. Who are her coaches? She was delightful.

Ka3sha

I saw a video of Sofia Titova at the latest Russian cup. I assume she is not age eligible or she’d have been in the JGP. Who are her coaches? She was delightful.
Yes, too young for JGP this year.
Pluschenko and Mikhailov are her main coaches, but she was in Syzran with Maria Stavitskaya (who now works in Pluschenko’s academy) and Sergei Alekseev

Darkverse

I thought she broke her leg.
The extent of Zhilina's injury has been greatly exaggerated in the media, she is already back to skating with no jumps, but she is out of the JGP.

millyskate

Sad for Zhilina. She was fantastic at her first event. I love Kulikova and glad she gets a second event, but I wish it had been under better circumstances.

https://www.facebook.com/FigureSkatingMoments/videos/576014233843879/ Yes this was suggested for me on facebook. Amazing and such a great / age appropriate program too.

Karen-W

I read she is not jumping yet.
I don't think she is. There was a brief outdoor group training video posted on the AOP IG earlier today and she was hopping on one foot to complete the obstacle course they were doing.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
There was also a video of Zhilina skating in only one boot, doing jumps.

I also highly doubt it's a great idea to do all the off-ice training on one leg only, but AoP need to entertain their followers, right?
But then again, Plushenko lets his son jump with his broken arm in a cast and a sling...so...

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Great competition,so early in the season!

The RN in Ladies will be Hunger Games II and tougher than last year's.

shuilee

Kostornaia getting very low PCS is a huge red flag from the judges! :eek: Time to dump this "Four Seasons" program. The judges are clearly telling her that with those Perf/Exec and Interpretation marks, in particular. Shockingly low compared to previous years. They must really hate this LP.

But which old program should she go back to? Twilight?

Such a shame. So much potential, but I wonder if Danni G sabotaged her with this awful LP.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
A First alarm for Kostornaia, first competition and she is the weakest amongst the Top 5
Her FS just wont do it, Kostornaia looks lost and the wailing SP - Not Olympic worthy programs
Thanks Danny G for the sabotage ? although she is still trying to regain form at the wrong season.

Historically, Tuk usually has an underwhelming results in Olympics season, so lets wait more and see
still, maybe just maybe she might have a little chance if Trusova keeps bombing, can a Quadless Anna can score 150+ ?

ranking for now:

Valieva
Trusova
Scherbakova
Tuk
Kostornaia
Stepsisters (1 or 2 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information