Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting the 2021 ISU Grand Prix Russian women's assignments to kick off this thread for the Olympic season.

9 different women currently have 17 GP spots:
Anna Shcherbakova - Cup of China now ITALY GP [#3], Internationaux de France [#5]
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Skate Canada [#2], Rostelecom Cup [#6]
Alexandra Trusova - Skate America [#1], NHK Trophy [#4]
Alena Kostornaia - Skate Canada [#2], Internationaux de France [#5]
Kamila Valieva - Skate Canada [#2], Rostelecom Cup [#6]
Daria Usacheva - Skate America [#1], NHK Trophy [#4]
Kseniia Sinitsyna - Skate America [#1], Internationaux de France [#5]
Sofia Samodurova - Cup of China ITALY GP
Maiia Khromykh - Cup of China ITALY GP
Still TBA: Rostelecom Cup

The Senior test skates will be held in Chelyabinsk on September 11-12, 2021.

Alexandra Trusova is listed among the initial entries published by USFS on Aug. 26 for the U.S. Figure Skating Classic (Senior B) in Boston (Norwood), Mass., Sept. 15-18.

Russians are scheduled to begin competing on the JGP (#3) next week in Kosice, Slovakia - the 4 listed in the ISU entries as of Aug. 27 are (13 updated ISU bios are linked below):
Sofia MURAVIEVA
Adeliia PETROSIAN
Mariia ZAKHAROVA
Veronika ZHILINA
Listed as subs for #3:
Elizaveta BERESTOVSKAIA, Anna FROLOVA, Alina GORBACHEVA, Elizaveta KULIKOVA, Sofia SAMODELKINA, Uliana SHIRYAEVA, Anastasia ZININA

The FIVE listed in the ISU entries as of Aug. 27 for JGP #4 in Krasnoyarsk:
Sofia AKATEVA
Elizaveta KULIKOVA
Daria SADKOVA
Sofia SAMODELKINA
Anastasia ZININA
Listed as subs for #4:
Elizaveta BERESTOVSKAIA, Anna FROLOVA, Alina GORBACHEVA, Sofia MURAVIEVA, Adeliia PETROSIAN, Mariia ZAKHAROVA, Veronika ZHILINA

The 2 listed in the ISU entries as of Aug. 27 for JGP #5 in Ljubljana, Slovenia:
Anna FROLOVA
Adeliia PETROSIAN
Listed as subs for #5:
Sofia AKATEVA, Elizaveta BERESTOVSKAIA, Alina GORBACHEVA, Elizaveta KULIKOVA, Sofia MURAVIEVA, Daria SADKOVA, Sofia SAMODELKINA, Mariia ZAKHAROVA, Veronika ZHILINA, Anastasia ZININA

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
The FIVE listed in the ISU entries as of Aug. 27 for JGP #4 in Krasnoyarsk:
Sofia AKATEVA
Elizaveta KULIKOVA
Daria SADKOVA
Sofia SAMODELKINA
Anastasia ZININA
Listed as subs for #4:
Elizaveta BERESTOVSKAIA, Anna FROLOVA, Alina GORBACHEVA, Sofia MURAVIEVA, Adeliia PETROSIAN, Mariia ZAKHAROVA, Veronika ZHILINA
I am curious whether they will allow Samodelkina to keep her spot. She just competed at Moscow championships and did not do very well, placed only 12th and her score was only 170. For comparison, the winner, Zinina, scored 209.

Samodelkina tried 3A in the SP, with fall, which put her on 12th after SP.
In the FS she tried and underrotated 3A, popped Salchow into single (I am guessing that was meant to be a quad) and then she tried another quad Salchow - downgraded. She also fell on triple lutz. 10th in the FS, 12th in total. I wonder what is going on with her. A bad day (2 days) or puberty?

Zinina landed two quad toes. (And Pluschenko beat Tutberidze. I wonder when he posts something on his public media?)
Zakharova tried one quad toe but fell.
Titova tried 3A but fall and downgraded.
Berestovskaya tried quad toe -also downgraded.
Dvoeglazova tried quad toe - with fall and another quad toe in combination (but messd up the second part of the combo).

Well, considering this was just a smaller competition at the beginning of the season, it seems it is a pretty good indicator that the Russians are serious about the 3A and quads.

Ka3sha

Maria Talalaikina is going to represent Italy starting from this season (will move there and train with Angelina Turenko), Anastasia Gubanova is switching to Armenia (she is staying in Russia and with Rukavitsin)

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Maria Talalaikina is going to represent Italy starting from this season (will move there and train with Angelina Turenko), Anastasia Gubanova is switching to Armenia (she is staying in Russia and with Rukavitsin)
WONDERFUL news!!! Maria was so good this year. And I've been a fan of Anastasiya since before her junior days. Can they compete at Nebelhorn?!??!?! Yay to see Talalakina and Gubanova at the Olympics!!!! Very happy for them.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
WONDERFUL news!!! Maria was so good this year. And I've been a fan of Anastasiya since before her junior days. Can they compete at Nebelhorn?!??!?! Yay to see Talalakina and Gubanova at the Olympics!!!! Very happy for them.
Except that neither Italy nor Armenia have earned a spot in the women's event in Beijing yet. We'll have to see how they do at Nebelhorn (and also whether or not they can get citizenship in time).

Colonel Green

Except that neither Italy nor Armenia have earned a spot in the women's event in Beijing yet. We'll have to see how they do at Nebelhorn (and also whether or not they can get citizenship in time).
He said "the Olympics", not necessarily Beijing. In the case of Talalaikina in particular I can't imagine she has Italian citizenship, so she's angling for 2026.

She should be able to go to Nebelhorn, though, which would be doing her new country a solid since she'd be favoured to secure them a spot.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Adding both Talalakina and Gubanova to Nebelhorn could really shake things up. How many open spots are they fighting for? 6? Well, now with them, Alysa, Kurakova, and who else? This looks like it will be a good competition now.

Karen-W

Adding both Talalakina and Gubanova to Nebelhorn could really shake things up. How many open spots are they fighting for? 6? Well, now with them, Alysa, Kurakova, and who else? This looks like it will be a good competition now.
Paganini, Meite if she is back yet, not sure who else...

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Is there a thread on here that is about Nebelhorn? Who is competing? Who is gunning for Oly spots? I seem to be unable to find the "search" function on this site.....

Karen-W

Is there a thread on here that is about Nebelhorn? Who is competing? Who is gunning for Oly spots? I seem to be unable to find the "search" function on this site.....

Here you go - Sylvia just posted in it today.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am happy to see these talented Russian ladies get the opportunity to compete for other countries.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Really excited for Talalaikina, hopefully she can still get Leonova choreography.

I wonder if this has been in the works for a while and is the reason she hasn't ever(!) competed internationally or if going to Italy is a function of not getting any international assignments.

Now will SOMEONE please represent AZE this season, so their second Euros spot doesn't go to waste? This is irrationally stressing me out. :p

Tobbe

I am SOOO thrilled over Talalaikina and Gubanova. My two favourite Russian ladies for years.

I was just thinking the other day about these two, and that I would probably never see them again. I just hope all this paperwork and transition stuff works. I won't celebrate yet.

But let's celebrate with an encore of Talalaikina's magnificent Maleficent!:40beers:

Tobbe

What about the Korean ladies? Surely they are sending one too? Or are they not qualified for earning another spot?

Ka3sha

Update: Gubanova has switched to Georgia, not Armenia

Official confirmation from Geo Federation

Karen-W

Update: Gubanova has switched to Georgia, not Armenia

Official confirmation from Geo Federation
Well, now... I guess Georgia has someone to use that 2nd spot at Euros. Urushadze is going to have to fight if she wants that Olympic spot she earned for Georgia in Stockholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information