Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canbelto

From your description, it sounds like that was actually a private event.

Pretending that Wimbledon is a private event is more than a stretch. And never mind that several of the people bothered by security about taking photos were not taking photos of Meghan. People were taking photos of the tennis match. Imagine that.

It actually wasn't. It was a big charity dinner but there was press coverage throughout. My friend the pianist said he was surprised at how stringent the rules were regarding the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as people had paid an arm and a leg to have dinner with them.

kittyjake5

WOW what a treasurer trove of gorgeous photos of the Royals.

Kate and Meghan and the kiddies all looked great except I thought that
Meghan's dress was a total miss.

Lorac

Kate and Meghan took the kids to watch their dad's play in a charity polo match.

Would have been nice to see a variety of pictures of all the kids - 10 zillion of Meghan holding Archie and all we see is the back of his head are really over kill IMO. There was one of the side of his face. The ones we see of Louis are adorable as are the 2 of George and the one of Charlotte!!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
There are more of these pictures on other sites (don't have time to link them all now). The kids are all so cute. I think Charlotte may have hit a growth spurt!

becca

It actually wasn't. It was a big charity dinner but there was press coverage throughout. My friend the pianist said he was surprised at how stringent the rules were regarding the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as people had paid an arm and a leg to have dinner with them.
Yes but once again people were paying to have dinner with them so they were one of the attractions in that case yes the Cambridge’s have a right.

In this case though it’s Wimbleton and people were paying to see Serena and company and they really should be allowed to take pictures of the match.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Wow, the way Meghan was holding Archie made me very uncomfortable. Not in every pic but in a lot of them she was holding him funny. I was convinced she was going to drop him.

Also, in these pics he looks to be months old. I swear he was born just last week! :lol:

I'm also amused that the article kept revering to her has having "dressed down" when her dress cost almost $600! (And was fugly as sin but that's another issue entirely.)

quartz

scratching at the light
Glad I’m not the only one who thinks Meghan’s baby-hold is quite awkward. I want to re-position the baby up higher on her chest and tweak her arms - her wrist is bent strangely in some of those pics.

canbelto

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks Meghan’s baby-hold is quite awkward. I want to re-position the baby up higher on her chest and tweak her arms - her wrist is bent strangely in some of those pics.

But psst ... that's not her baby. That's Scott and Tessa's secret latest baby that is being raised as a Montbatten-Windsor.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Judging by the pictures Meghan & Kate have no problem with the media taking pictures. Meghan could have hidden Archie completely if she wanted. The few pictures of Harry show him looking sour.
Also at Wimbledon it was the bodyguards who had a problem with the picture-takers.
I still maintain that it's Harry being over-protective. But of course Meghan is "being difficult".

Jenny

From the Bloc
Would have been nice to see a variety of pictures of all the kids - 10 zillion of Meghan holding Archie and all we see is the back of his head are really over kill IMO. There was one of the side of his face. The ones we see of Louis are adorable as are the 2 of George and the one of Charlotte!!

Keep scrolling - I was thinking the same thing, but then there are a ton more of the Cambridges further down.

Looks like a fun day out of all! The Cambridge kids are a handsome brood, and I do love the way she dresses them and does their hair. They look good, but comfortable, like actual, you know, children.

I'm also amused that the article kept revering to her has having "dressed down" when her dress cost almost $600! (And was fugly as sin but that's another issue entirely.)

That was in GBP :) Current conversion is USD 682 or CAD 891 :eek: for that complete disaster of a "dress" - looks more like she threw on a tarp from among the campout gear in the back of Kate's truck!

Jenny

From the Bloc
Also at Wimbledon it was the bodyguards who had a problem with the picture-takers.

This definitely happens - the people around celebrities get overly protective, perhaps power happy themselves, and go too far in the process.

At the same time, celebrities hire these people to do that for them, so who knows.

becca

FTR I have never looked at a woman & thought that she wasn't holding her baby correctly. I took another look & I really think Archie is in no danger. Just because some of you hold your babies differently is no reason to mommy-shame.
I agree with this. No Mommy shaming. I also love how the Cambridge kids are dressed.

I love how Princess Charlotte has play dresses. I always feel sorry for men in the summer. Dresses are waaaay nicer than shorts in the heat.

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
FTR I have never looked at a woman & thought that she wasn't holding her baby correctly. I took another look & I really think Archie is in no danger. Just because some of you hold your babies differently is no reason to mommy-shame.
Hmm... not sure preferring more caution in how to hold a baby is mommy-shaming, but call it what you want. I didn’t listen to anyone else’s opinion with my babies either, so I’m sure Meghan is just fine despite my concerns.

That dress tho....

mag

I don't really care if it's her baby or not - her hold is not natural or secure.

She looked to have been holding him for quite a while. Perhaps her arms were getting tired or perhaps she was shifting positions and that is when the photo was taken. It is also quite possible that the photo was chosen because it looks a bit awkward. I hope Meghan gets herself a baby sling. She looks like the kind of mom who would really use it and it would help take the weight off her arms. My oldest didn’t like it, but my youngest lived in one for the first 6 months and it was so nice to be able to have my hands a bit free.

mag

So having looked through these photos again, I would say it is pretty clear that these kids watch polo or horse trials or that sort of thing quite a bit. They seem very comfortable and have a routine. (Obviously not Archie yet, but I suspect he will also be an old pro at it in no time.) I wonder if the press is just allowed to photograph them at certain events? That would seems to be good arrangement. Allowing candid photos a few times a year, and the rest of the time they are left alone. Hopefully the fact that Meghan and Archie are there, means that they too may follow the same arrangement. The photos look to be taken with long lenses so the kids are probably unaware. Seems like a win win situation. Allowing some access while not stressing the kids out.

MsZem

I see the sea
Even as an American, it's clear to me that the terms "regular folks" and "polo" should never be used in the same sentence lol
Regular folks wear polo shirts.

Queen Maxima, one hopes, does not wear polo shirts because she is too fabulous.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Even as an American, it's clear to me that the terms "regular folks" and "polo" should never be used in the same sentence lol
My Ex used to play polo in California. I went to exactly 1 match. A horse died. They had to drag it up the berm, (with chains) lift it into the knacker truck.....and announced that the horse was it's way to the hospital, and would be just fine.

Right....................

canbelto

My Ex used to play polo in California. I went to exactly 1 match. A horse died. They had to drag it up the berm, (with chains) lift it into the knacker truck.....and announced that the horse was it's way to the hospital, and would be just fine.

Right....................

Oh no. The poor horse ...

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
There was an article today on Yahoo that said the way Meghan was holding Archie was not only safe but it was a very common way. IMO it's never a good thing to criticize a woman's choices or techniques of mothering unless a) the child is in eminent danger, and b) you are on site so that you can actually do something about it.

I saw another article about Pink where she said she would not be putting pictures on her kids online anymore because she gets shamed for every little thing. The last straw was the criticism she received for taking her kids to the zoo. WTF? I guess @once_upon is a monster because I know she has taken her grandkids to the zoo. Maybe we should shun her until she mends the error of her ways. :rolleyes:

There was an article today on Yahoo that said the way Meghan was holding Archie was not only safe but it was a very common way. IMO it's never a good thing to criticize a woman's choices or techniques of mothering unless a) the child is in eminent danger, and b) you are on site so that you can actually do something about it.

I saw another article about Pink where she said she would not be putting pictures on her kids online anymore because she gets shamed for every little thing. The last straw was the criticism she received for taking her kids to the zoo. WTF? I guess @once_upon is a monster because I know she has taken her grandkids to the zoo. Maybe we should shun her until she mends the error of her ways. :rolleyes:

It is crazy how much criticism moms get online and in person. It drives me crazy. And it’s never dads. Just moms. Even though every single parent does things that aren’t recommended at some point. Life is messy and we’re human. And often sleep deprived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information