Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
Odd choice of reading though - about a conman getting your trust before he defrauds you!

Catherine M

The Gatsby reading was a :huh: choice for me but every bride and groom are different.

They've done great with everything that hopefully people won't harp on it.

Oh, we need Beatrice to find her prince charming as Charlotte only has a few more years of being the star of the bridal party!

Lorac

There is clearly embroidery on the dress - will look forwards to seeing some up-close pics of the details. But I have to say it is my favourite Royal wedding dress since The Duchess of Cambridges's!!

skatesindreams

Just lovely!
I adore Eugenie's gown.

It was interesting that the couple chose one of the most traditional "forms of marriage" for their ceremony.
The Dean did a wonderful job of including the passage from The Great Gatsby read by Beatrice in his Homily,

Catherine M

Just looked at some still photos of the dress on People.com and it is really stunning. Good job by Eugenie and her designer team.

Now off to work. Wish me luck on being productive!

aftershocks

Banned Member
Eugenie's wedding was lovely on a windy fall day at Windsor. I saw it speculated that she would wear the York tiara like her mother, but I think her choice of tiara, the Greville Emerald tiara was gorgeous and suited her so well with her auburn hair and coloring. More info on the tiara: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/1030558/Princess-Eugenie-wedding-tiara I was surprised to see that Eugenie chose not to wear a veil, but maybe she felt the styling of her dress was such that she didn't want to obscure any part of it. And so we got to see her stunning beauty and joy throughout, without Jack having to fiddle with a veil. I suppose many modern brides don't bother with a veil. I loved Eugenie's dress. The styling was perfect for her. The flower arrangements were not too elaborate, but nice.

The seating in the nave was set so the attendees were facing the aisle in a way that gave them a great view. I wonder if the seating arrangements could be placed that way because there was perhaps a smaller quantity of guests which allowed for that arrangement, as opposed to the seating at the Sussex wedding. I was surprised to see there was a brief recitation at the entrance to the quire prior to Jack and his best man preceding Eugenie and her Dad into the quire section and to the altar. The stream I saw had a few too many overhead shots and random cutaways distracting from views of the couple, and particularly of the children when they were exiting the quire as Beatrice was assisting Eugenie with her train. The kiddies looked so cute in their outfits which I thought were nicely styled, particularly the green sashes at the waist on the little girls' dresses.

I loved Andrea Bocelli's singing. Most of the music selections were fine, but not that memorable. However, I'm sure they will be enjoying a lot more livelier music at their reception today, and at their all-day outdoor affair tomorrow. I heard that the Duke & Duchess of Sussex will soon be parting on their South Pacific tour and thus won't be in attendance at the celebrations tomorrow.

Re the ceremony, I especially appreciated that the minister's wedding address was brief, to the point and specifically directed to the union of Eugenie and Jack, instead of a rambling OTT attention-grabbing performance. Beatrice gave such a lovely spot-on reading from a scene in The Great Gatsby. I figured it was a passage from a novel, but I couldn't place it until the minister mentioned it in his address. I knew the description of the male character's reassuring smile was referencing Jack, so it was nice to hear the minister describe how Eugenie had read The Great Gatsby soon after meeting Jack, and immediately was reminded of him in reading that passage about Jay Gatsby. :) There were lots of lovely touches, especially the prayer reading by the black minister, whom Eugenie and Jack appeared to know well (as opposed to Meghan and Harry having never set eyes on Bishop Curry prior to their weddng day).

Everyone was well dressed, with QEII in light blue this time. I loved Duchess Catherine in deep red. Many guests were wearing deep shades of green. Beatrice was quite lovely in a sparkling shade of deep blue, and Fergie was in a flattering shade of green with a pretty hat. Bea was understated in a headband again rather than a hat. Duchess Meghan appeared to be wearing a beautifully styled coat and dress ensemble in dark navy (one of her ubiquitous go-to colors). I suppose she chooses colors she feels suit her, but the tendency toward wearing black and dark navy so often is rather boring. The Duchess of Cornwall had another prearranged engagement and could not attend. I see gossip online that Prince Andrew does not care for Duchess Camilla, but even if true, I doubt that would have kept her from attending if not for the prearranged engagement. It was nice to see Prince Philip there for his granddaughter, despite reports that he despises Fergie who was seated almost in front of him in the quire.

They had a carriage ride in a glass-covered carriage, likely due to the windy day. It was enjoyable to watch, so I'm glad it was televised. Since Jack does not have a title, I wonder how Eugenie will choose to be referenced after her marriage. According to this report: "Royal historian Marlene Eilers Koenig told Hello!: 'She will be styled either as HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Brooksbank or she could choose not to use her husband's surname.'"
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6418944/princess-eugenie-title-marriage-jack-brooksbank/

Much happiness to Eugenie and Jack!

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Watched while I was getting ready for work, and just had a chance to log on now. I thought the dress was beautiful and suited her well. I like the printed sashes for the page boys and flower girls that incorporated the shades of blue and green.

I also thought it odd that the Maid of Honor wasn't with the bride, but someone mentioned that perhaps they thought it best that she stay with her Mom so she'd have company when joining up with the Royal Family. I loved Beatrice's dress.

I thought the whole thing was lovely, and I'm glad the Duke was able to go.

quartz

scratching at the light
Haven’t caught up with this thread, but I did just check out the pics from BBC, and I love the dress, but OMG THAT TIARA!!!
I am at the bookstore, and across the hall from us is Tan Jay where the manager is a huge royal fan and fashionista - I am waiting for her to come in so we can yell OMG DIDJA SEE?? at each other across the hall. :lol:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Catching up now - love all your PBP! Here's a decent round up of images to check out the dresses for those who missed, inc an adorbz pic of George and Charlotte.

Unapologetically snarky comments:

• Princess Eugenie is a dream! Love the detailing on the dress and her lack of botox, she looks so so happy, good for her!
  • George typically cute, Charlotte typically fierce :respec:
  • Demi Moore looks good (maybe some help with that, ahem) and the guy with her is a big time Hollywood florist, so maybe a GBFF?
  • Mother of the bride does not look good, but could be just her expression in the wind
  • Charles looks great, I think he likes going to weddings :)
  • Meghan a bit understated I thought, could have worn the same thing to church or a funeral, but Kate - ooo la la in red!! She's grinning in the picture linked, so is William, perhaps he's just told her what he thinks of her dress ;)
  • Funny to see Kate Moss looking so motherly next to her lovely daughter
  • Bob Geldof's daughter or granddaughter or whatever looks like she's wearing an ill-fitting condom
  • Queen, in an understated colour choice, looks like she's getting a bit tired of all these weddings, poor old dear
  • How does Naomi Campbell get invited to everything?
  • Beatrice looks happy too, love the dress, the entire colour palette of the wedding in blues and greens (inspired by the tiara perhaps) is a lovely contrast to autumn colours
  • Princess Royal elegant as always
  • If Camilla is not there because she doesn't like Andrew then NOT impressed, hope that's not true
  • Not in this piece but in others, kinda feeling bad for Chelsea, Cressida and all the others who will forever be known as Harry's exes :(

Jenny

From the Bloc

Catherine M

Mother of the bride does not look good, but could be just her expression in the wind

I have a soft spot for Sarah so I'm guessing the stress over the past few weeks got to her as I too found her a bit worn out. Hopefully tonight's party at Royal Lodge where she'll be surrounded by family and friends will allow her to relax and have a great time.

Now we just need Beatrice to find her someone special as unless Louise is a teen bride, there could be a long wait till the next Royal wedding.

Does anyone know if Beatrice is dating anyone? I know her ex recently got married so that couldn't have been easy for her.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I read weeks ago that Camilla wouldn't be there because of a commitment made about a year ago that involves children. Remember that Eugenie had to change her wedding date so there is no way Camilla knew to keep today's date open. I don't particularly like her but clearly her absence wasn't due to personal likes or dislikes.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I have a soft spot for Sarah so I'm guessing the stress over the past few weeks got to her as I too found her a bit worn out. Hopefully tonight's party at Royal Lodge where she'll be surrounded by family and friends will allow her to relax and have a great time.

Me too, that's why I hoped it was just a bad shot.

I read weeks ago that Camilla wouldn't be there because of a commitment made about a year ago that involves children. Remember that Eugenie had to change her wedding date so there is no way Camilla knew to keep today's date open. I don't particularly like her but clearly her absence wasn't due to personal likes or dislikes.

Did a little googling and yes that seems to be the case. Poor old Camilla is always in a no-win situation it seems, this time say no to her step-granddaughter or disappoint a bunch of little kids.

Lorac

Haven’t caught up with this thread, but I did just check out the pics from BBC, and I love the dress, but OMG THAT TIARA!!!
I am at the bookstore, and across the hall from us is Tan Jay where the manager is a huge royal fan and fashionista - I am waiting for her to come in so we can yell OMG DIDJA SEE?? at each other across the hall. :lol:

And Eugenie's earrings were also diamond and emerald - a wedding gift from her (now) hubby :)

Lorac

Me too, that's why I hoped it was just a bad shot.

Did a little googling and yes that seems to be the case. Poor old Camilla is always in a no-win situation it seems, this time say no to her step-granddaughter or disappoint a bunch of little kids.

Eugenie is actually her step-niece - as Charles is her uncle!! But agree she was in a bit of a pickle through no fault of her own!!

aftershocks

Banned Member
I look forward to seeing close-ups of her gown.

In the below articles are some reported details on the significance of the embroidery on Eugenie's dress. It's also mentioned that she specifically wanted the design of the back to be low-cut in order to proudly expose her surgical scars related to the scoliosis she was born with and had corrected at age 12. A veil would have obscured Eugenie's back, so I think she made well thought out and wonderful choices authentically reflecting her personality and desires.

Instead of having an embroidered veil complement her dress as Meghan did, I believe Eugenie was inspired to have her dress embroidered with meaningful motifs including a shamrock, rose, and ivy woven together in the jacquard silk of her dress, designed by Peter Pilotto and Christopher de Vos, as explained in the article. There are also some close-up pictures of the dress in which we can better see the embroidery which didn't really show up at all on the stream I was watching. Plus there was no commentary describing details of the dress or identifying some of the guests. But there is also something appealing about no commentary in some respects. It's always nice to get more of the back story and lovely photos:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45796485
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/fashion/princess-eugenie-peter-pilotto-wedding-dress.html
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/princess-eugenie-wedding-dress-royal-wedding/index.html

Lorac

Last edited:

screech

I absolutely loved the dress, and the significance of the low back/no veil. She looked stunning!
I've read eye-roll worthy comments about how Meghan's outfit is not doing anything to quash pregnancy rumours.
And my favourite comments about Sarah is that her hat looks like a Golden Snitch.
Loved the colour of Kate's dress
Love the kids!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information