Royalty thread #14: Platinum edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I don't think wanting to avoid descriptions and depictions of certain sex acts makes you a prude. But I also don't think that referring to something that many people are into as requiring brain bleach is a good idea.
I didn't coin the term brain bleach but usage of it by others doesn't usually provoke this response from you. Or anyone. But thanks for the lesson. Me bad.

Lynn226

The Jordanian royal family is celebrating two engagements. Crown Prince Hussein and his sister Princess Iman recently announced their respective engagements.

attyfan

DFJ

Harry is in Europe I believe. I'm thinking he will make his way to Balmoral if the situation is serious.

canbelto

Apparently Harry and Meghan canceled their planned appearances and went to Balmoral.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
It's just after midnight here and I'm almost too nervous to sleep, knowing what a seismic shift this will be.

She was the constant, the stable, sensible one when the world was going crazy. The sky is blue, grass is green, Elizabeth is Queen.

But you can rest now, Lizzie. You kept your promise.

Orm Irian

It’s not looking good, BBC one have cleared their normal schedule for a “News Special” and the main newsreader is wearing a black suit and tie.
'Resting comfortably' and 'remaining comfortable' are often used as code for end of life care/palliative care. I think it's likely there'll be an announcement of her death within the next 24 hours.

End of an era, to be sure. :(

May her memory be for a blessing.

ETA: I now see the reports of her death have been retracted by the BBC.
That account is fake, unfortunately: reports haven't been retracted because they were never made.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
well apparently kate isn't going to balmoral, whatever that means ...
It means that today was the first day of school for all three of the Cambridge kids and she & William decided it would be best for her to remain at home while he headed up to Balmoral as quickly as possible.

All in all, very sad news to hear that we are now at the almost definite end of her reign. I hope her passing is peaceful and painless.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
Very concerning indeed. The Queen hasn't looked well since Prince Phillip's passing, and I've feared this past year that she hasn't been doing well. If she is nearing the end, she has certainly kept her promise to serve her people her whole life long. There will never be another Queen Elizabeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information