Royalty thread #14: Platinum edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
That William likes a little boom-boom play is probably one of the most interesting things about him.
And perhaps he has taken to heart too well that it is more blessed to give than to receive, if I am understanding the discussion correctly.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
A bit of a killjoy here but this rumour about a British Royal engaging in pegging was put out by a gossip site who don't even stand by the gossip they spread:

"statements made on this account have not been independently confirmed. this account does not claim any information published is based in fact."

And the person this gossip was about was never named.
I have seem trending on twitter recently Megan and Harry hashtags that apparently have something to do with a book being written about them and in the wake of that I have now seen William and pegging trending as well as William throwing a tantrum at some pap that was a year old and just released now.

Came here out of curiosity after seeing those twitter trends and all I can say there is some serious fanyu level obsession and wars people are having over these two brothers and their wives and pretty insane rumours being carelessly tossed around.

canbelto

The Haryus and Wilyus are insane. A lot of the sexual fantasies about them ... yikes. Creepy

JJH

Prurient. The word for the twitter & other social media discussions about this would be "prurient".

I don't know and I don't care what any member of the royal family's sexual preferences are.

I don't know and I don't care if any of them are having extramarital relationships as long as they are consensual & not with underaged girls or boys.

Why is this interesting to ANYONE?

antmanb

Why is this interesting to ANYONE?
Because celebrities love lives and marriages and affairs take up a huge chunk of the media. Whether you personally are interested in it or not is pretty irrelevant when this type of information sells magazines and gets clicks.

Princess Diana and Charles's extra marital affairs and divorces were huge topics of discussion and as the potential future King and Queen of the UK was of huge interest to the people of the state they would head. Similarly I think there is a lot of rightful interest in whether history will repeat with William and Kate given they will also ultimately be the King and Queen 🤷‍♀️

MsZem

I see the sea
A bit of a killjoy here but this rumour about a British Royal engaging in pegging was put out by a gossip site who don't even stand by the gossip they spread
Came here out of curiosity after seeing those twitter trends and all I can say there is some serious fanyu level obsession and wars people are having over these two brothers and their wives and pretty insane rumours being carelessly tossed around.
Yes, and it seems to be designed to somehow shame both William and Kate for their sexuality: William for supposedly enjoying pegging (as if there's something wrong with that), and Kate for being too "old-fashioned" to go with it (as if that's the only reason someone might not be into that).

Let's assume this actually is true. Why does it matter? If everyone involved is consenting adults, why is it anybody's business what the Cambridges' sex lives are like? Yes, by virtue of birth William is in an enormously privileged position, and by virtue of marriage Kate is too. This does not mean that the public is entitled to know everything about their lives, and it feels especially icky given that we know what this loss of privacy meant for William's mother.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
For me, the only part of it that I care about is whether he had an affair. By definition, an affair is something that all involved don't agree with (vs. having an open marriage) and it would make me sad for Kate (and at some point, the kids) if that were true.

Vagabond

Because celebrities love lives and marriages and affairs take up a huge chunk of the media. Whether you personally are interested in it or not is pretty irrelevant when this type of information sells magazines and gets clicks.
That does not mean that this particular thread should be the place to discuss such topics. There are people who have said in the past that they come to the Royalty threads for the bling. I suppose that they find comfort here, just as others find comfort in the Cute Zoo Pictures thread. A discussion of organized dogfighting would be no more appropriate in that thread than salacious discussion of extremely dubious gossip is in this thread.

We have separate threads about Prince Andrew and Prince Harry precisely because we wish to respect the feelings of those who don't want to have the tawdry details of their lives in the Royalty thread. Perhaps another venue could be created for those who are interested in royals' extramarital affairs. :saint:

JJH

@MacMadame I agree that it would be sad if William or Kate were having an affair, but I think that media or public speculation about possible infidelity can only hurt them more. Does anybody ever benefit from mean-spirited gossip except the media? Their private life is their PRIVATE life.

JJH

Sorry to post twice in a row. @Vagabond I agree that Prince Andrew's actions are tawdry, but Prince Harry has done nothing tawdry. The worst that can be said of his actions is that they don't follow the mantra of "never complain, never explain". Harry decided that he no longer wanted to be a Senior Royal. This isn't immoral or illegal.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I would think Edward and Sophie the more obvious target of this rumor, but then again, I try not to think too much about it.

antmanb

That does not mean that this particular thread should be the place to discuss such topics. There are people who have said in the past that they come to the Royalty threads for the bling. I suppose that they find comfort here, just as others find comfort in the Cute Zoo Pictures thread. A discussion of organized dogfighting would be no more appropriate in that thread than salacious discussion of extremely dubious gossip is in this thread.

We have separate threads about Prince Andrew and Prince Harry precisely because we wish to respect the feelings of those who don't want to have the tawdry details of their lives in the Royalty thread. Perhaps another venue could be created for those who are interested in royals' extramarital affairs. :saint:
The post I was responding do didn't seem to trying to police this thread for content - all of the questions seemed to be general questions about the situation and why anyone was interested in it. I explained my opinion as to why people are interested.

Personally I don't think creating more sub categories of the Royal thread would be particularly useful.

Tesla

Whippet Good
I often wonder what someone looking at search history would think about some of the things I do Google searches on because of something on FSU that I've never heard of or suspected what it means.
Use private browsing.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
On a different note, I know I'm a few days late, but Charlotte was adorable in the instagram post with William wishing good luck to the Lionesses, the English women's national football/soccer team, for the Euro final.

MsZem

I see the sea
Do I want to know? :slinkaway

Not unless you have plenty of brain bleach. ugh!
I'm going to guess that some people here are more kinky, some are more into vanilla stuff, and others fall somewhere in between. While there are things that I'm not interested doing (or reading/watching) myself, so long as it's safe and involves consenting adults, people should just have fun.

Which is to say: whether this is too much depends on your preferences. I don't think looking it up (yes, in private mode) requires brain bleach, but it's certainly NSFW.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I'm going to guess that some people here are more kinky, some are more into vanilla stuff, and others fall somewhere in between. While there are things that I'm not interested doing (or reading/watching) myself, so long as it's safe and involves consenting adults, people should just have fun.

Which is to say: whether this is too much depends on your preferences. I don't think looking it up (yes, in private mode) requires brain bleach, but it's certainly NSFW.
I don't care what others do in the privacy of their homes but I don't need descriptions. If that makes me a prude so be it.

MsZem

I see the sea
I don't think wanting to avoid descriptions and depictions of certain sex acts makes you a prude. But I also don't think that referring to something that many people are into as requiring brain bleach is a good idea.

And back on topic: the Spanish royals having fun, and looking good as usual (though the photo may be unrelated).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information