Royalty thread #14: Platinum edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk9tingfan

Perhaps he shouldn't have been there. That's a lot to take in for a 4 year old. Nevertheless, that behaviour is less than cute. The first rule with my kids was keep your hands to yourself. No excuses.
I agree with your sentiments. It is a lot to expect.

ballettmaus

Can't help feeling a little sorry for Louis ... Once, a four year old acting up in public would be forgotten, but now -- with everything getting recorded, it is likely to come back to haunt him when he is 40 (or has a 4 year old of his own)
Since his two siblings are ahead of him in the line of succession, he may get lucky. It's possible it'll also be more along the lines of "the misbehaved boy has turned into a well-mannered gentleman" (if he does ;))

Perhaps he shouldn't have been there. That's a lot to take in for a 4 year old. Nevertheless, that behaviour is less than cute. The first rule with my kids was keep your hands to yourself. No excuses.
That is what is bothering me, that some media reports call it "stealing the show"or "cheeky" or that his behavior was amusing the viewers.
He was clearly misbehaving and they should say so. There is nothing wrong with 4 year olds who misbehave. As a matter of fact, it would probably have been concerning had he not had enough of having to sit still at this point.
So, there is no need to sugarcoat his behavior.

ballettmaus

It's Swedish National Day and it occurred to me that Estelle needs a new dress each year as she's still growing.
Has anyone heard or read anything about what they're doing with the dresses she's outgrown?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It's Swedish National Day and it occurred to me that Estelle needs a new dress each year as she's still growing.
Has anyone heard or read anything about what they're doing with the dresses she's outgrown?
A lot of the dresses she wears are often recycled dresses worn by either her mom or aunt when they were youngsters. The Swedish Royal Family are almost as infamous as Princess Anne for re-using old dresses.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Poor kid. He's overstimulated and overtired. Didn't he turn 4 in April? He's had too many events in too many days too close together. This is how a 4 year old communicates that he has reached his limit.

I agree. I think the Royals have some kind of "ready room" or resting room at every event - maybe it would have been better to take him there and let him have a nap, or run around and burn off some steam, rather than making him stay in his seat.

puglover

I spoke with my daughter last night after her return from the UK and the Queen's Jubilee. She and her friends absolutely loved everything about it. She said most of the good tickets went to residents, fair enough, but they got to see and do a lot. They especially enjoyed the very fun, festive vibe of London and the obvious great love for the Queen on the lips of every taxi driver and passerby. They went to the Derby and were very close to Zara and Mike who appeared to have only one security guard with them and he seemed unarmed. In fact, they loved the "Bobbies", and felt safer than they feel back home in the U.S. I and Mr. Puglover went to several functions last week that I supplied bowls of my favourite British candy for and on Sunday we had roast beef, mashed potatoes and yorkshire pudding to celebrate along with the rest of England.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here in the new Royalty thread:
Princess Martha Louise of Norway just got engaged:

ETA: I also feel obliged to note that Crown Prince Haakon of Norway married a single mom with a partying past, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden married her personal trainer, her brother married a former glamour model/reality TV contestant, and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands couldn't have her father at her wedding because he was a minister in Argentina's junta government. That's not at all boring!

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
They describe themselves as "star-crossed lovers" which is ridiculous. Are they saying that their relationship is doomed to fail? Someone needs to get them a dictionary stat!
Maybe not the best wording to use. She probably meant soulmates, they look so happy together!

D

Deleted member 221

Today Queen Elizabeth II became the second longest reigning monarch in history*, passing Rama IX of Thailand (who died in 2016). She is less than two years away from bypassing Louis XIV as the longest ever.

*Of a sovereign state, among those with verifiable dates.

Parsley Sage

Happy Birthday to Princess Ingrid Alexandra who made her tiara debut today. Princess Amalia and Princess Elisabeth made their tiara debuts as well.

Barbara Manatee

That's quite the birthday bash! All the young princesses look so delighted with their gowns and tiaras - they are adorable.

ballettmaus

Estelle looks like she's having the time of her life in the picture with the five future sovereigns. It's easy to imagine how excited she was beforehand. (And even Oscar is genuinely smiling in the group picture :D )

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I've never heard of a "tiara debut". Is this the same as a "regular" debutante gala, except with the young women wearing tiaras?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I've never heard of a "tiara debut". Is this the same as a "regular" debutante gala, except with the young women wearing tiaras?
LOL - I suppose? Usually young royal princesses don't attend formal galas until they are 18 or if they do, as with Estelle today, they don't wear a tiara from their family vault until they are 18. As this was the first time since both Elisabeth and Amalia turned 18 that there was a big, white tie gala event, it was the first time they wore a tiara. Stupid pandemic made us wait a couple years for Elisabeth and about 6 months for Amalia, lol. Next up for their first tiara events will be Leonor of Spain and Alexia of the Netherlands in another year or two. It should be fun over the next 5-6 years watching the teenage princesses turn 18 and get their chance at wearing pretty tiaras.

MsZem

I see the sea
Happy Birthday to Princess Ingrid Alexandra who made her tiara debut today. Princess Amalia and Princess Elisabeth made their tiara debuts as well.

The only thing that would have improved the future monarchs picture would have been the presence of Leonor, Princess of Asturias. Ingrid-Alexandra looks wonderful, and Amalia seems to share her mother's fondness for cape dresses - I approve! I wonder why some younger royals were there (Prince Oscar) and some weren't (Leonor, Prince Christian of Denmark).

Queen Sonja's yellow dress is delightful, and it's nice to see Princess Mary bring out the Midnight Tiara, I think it's been a while since she wore it.

ballettmaus

I wonder why some younger royals were there (Prince Oscar) and some weren't (Leonor, Prince Christian of Denmark)
The guest list looked rather random in general. Felipe and Mathilde attended alone but both Willem-Alexander and Maxima were there. (The mix of kings, queens, crown princes/princesses and prince and princesses must have been a headache for the office of protocol to figure out).

Maybe the Swedish and Norwegian royal families are close and that's why Victoria and Daniel took Oscar? Or they just didn't want to leave him behind? Prince Christian still has all his siblings at home.

Ingrid-Alexandra is a stunning young woman and I think the portrait where she wears the navy blue dress is beautiful!

ETA: I love Estelle's dress. It's formal but the flow-y skirt and the flowers make it look kind of fun, too, and I think it's just the right kind of dress for that occasion for a girl her age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information