Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Kate looked smashing both yesterday and today at Wimbledon. It really does feel like there's no color that she can't pull off. I especially loved her clutch today.

And hooray if William brings along Kate and George for tonight's final!

canbelto

I liked today's pink dress better than the green one. I don't like white pumps in general and the green dress/white pumps look Kate had yesterday was sort of 80s. The pink dress/pink shoes today was perfect. Kate looks a lot like Michael Middleton, noticed that today while both were at the match. Pippa favors Carole Middleton more in looks.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I liked today's pink dress better than the green one. I don't like white pumps in general and the green dress/white pumps look Kate had yesterday was sort of 80s. The pink dress/pink shoes today was perfect. Kate looks a lot like Michael Middleton, noticed that today while both were at the match. Pippa favors Carole Middleton more in looks.
And I prefer the green one and hated the pink shoes. But I generally hate all of Kate's shoes which is why I only look at the dresses. :lol:

Karen-W

The shoes weren't pink - they were nude. Big difference. I liked them - the strap around the ankle was interesting and the chunkier heel is always better to me than stilettos - more support.

canbelto

Chunky heels are way easier to walk on in grass.

We had a graduation ceremony on a grass lawn this year and many students who wore stiletto heels ended up buckling when the heels went straight into the damp grass.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I prefer wedges myself and love how they look & feel. Pumps are the worst!

canbelto

I wear wedges and chunkier heels. I threw out my stilettos after an awful ankle injury made wearing them impossible.

clairecloutier

So I've been wondering about George. He's 7 now. Wasn't William sent to boarding school at age 8? I'm wondering if the same will happen for George.

Karen-W

So I've been wondering about George. He's 7 now. Wasn't William sent to boarding school at age 8? I'm wondering if the same will happen for George.
He'll be 8 in a couple weeks! :) I rather doubt boarding school is in the cards until he finishes prep school, especially since he and Charlotte are at an excellent school in London. Now, it wouldn't surprise me if Charlotte and Louis wind up at boarding school at a younger age, depending on when the Queen passes away and William becomes the heir apparent.

Japanfan

Wore stilettos exactly once in my life, high school grad. Then tossed them in the donation bin. I prefer my feet to be happy.

I don't believe I've even tried on stilettos. I have trouble with heels in general, except for low squarish heels. Guess I missed the high heels 101 class that most girls get. My mom, who loved the new freedom for women's dress that came with the 60s and 70s, didn't want to push them on me.

I did try a girdle on once - mom was still wearing one in the 70s. It took less than a second for me to say 'hell, no'.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I've worn stilettos. I only do it for dress-up occasions and consider it a costume item and not regular shoe-ware.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
I've worn stilettos. I only do it for dress-up occasions and consider it a costume item and not regular shoe-ware.
I don’t think I’ve worn stilettos in nearly 30 years. First pair of high heels was in 9th grade and they had very skinny but no sky-high heels (and were very pointy toed). I had a favorite pair of black open-toe sling back stilettos that I did once wear as part of a costume — I was wearing a black crepe 50s cocktail dress with a full flared skirt ( and a red taffeta underskirt) that I loaded up with too much rhinestone jewelry. It was for Halloween and (fueled and/or numbed by too many drinks) I danced all night in those shoes. The next morning my feet didn’t feel so good — but it was worth it. Ah youth! :lol:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
My gosh...those 3 children are just stinkin cute. I cannot believe George is 8. Who let that happen?

canbelto

I got bored and wrote this parody of a "royal protocol" article:
--------------------------------------------
Kate's SHOCKING Breach of Royal Protocol, and Why the Queen is FURIOUS!
Today in a visit to open a children's cancer ward at a hospital Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, committed a SHOCKING breach of royal protocol as she breathed visibly more than once per minute.
Royal expert Tom Stickenbutt says, "Royal protocol is clear. Royal women are not supposed to inhale or exhale more than once a minute. Notice the Queen. She NEVER breathes more than once a minute."
Stickenbutt continued, "You can see in the videos Kate is visibly exhaling once every 10 seconds. This is a silent marker of class. One of the first things royal women learn to do is breath control. It's not very posh to breathe like a plebian."
Royal biographer Sally Prisse explained further. "There are exceptions to this rule -- if someone is having an asthma attack or suffering from covid obviously you are allowed to modify your breathing patterns. But for Kate, there's no excuse."
Prisse said that it's likely Her Majesty the Queen will call Kate in for a discussion on more dignified breathing in the future.

antmanb

I can't tell the different between your parody and the stuff you post in here as being FACTUALLY royal protocol :shuffle: :rolleyes:

MsZem

I see the sea
Prince Julian's christening was last weekend, and the Swedish royals were all there to look good. I like Sofia's outfit and Oscar's commitment to seriousness.

ballettmaus

Prince Julian's christening was last weekend, and the Swedish royals were all there to look good. I like Sofia's outfit and Oscar's commitment to seriousness.
The outfit is nice, the baby looks adorable but what is Sofia wearing in her hair? Not a fan of Victoria's dress at all either.

There is a teeny bit of a smile on Oscar's face, though ;) And it's interesting how different all three of Madeleine's children look. And wow, those curls on her youngest daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information