Royalty Thread #10 -Archie Phase 2 - Bold and Bald Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

mag

“But at the time I felt it was the honourable and right thing to do and I admit fully that my judgement was probably coloured by my tendency to be too honourable but that's just the way it is."

Right, you are just too “honorable.” He would have more credibility if he said that he staying there because it was free accommodation in New York. That yes, he is a prince, but he really has very little money by princely standards, and keeping up appearances is more important than worrying about the abused girls and women.

canbelto

“But at the time I felt it was the honourable and right thing to do and I admit fully that my judgement was probably coloured by my tendency to be too honourable but that's just the way it is."

Right, you are just too “honorable.” He would have more credibility if he said that he staying there because it was free accommodation in New York. That yes, he is a prince, but he really has very little money by princely standards, and keeping up appearances is more important than worrying about the abused girls and women.

Andrew seems like that particular type of guy who's been pampered all his life and still never has enough money. If he weren't a member of the BRF he'd be one of a dozen trust fund brats that populate every posh Hamptons party. The difference is that he's also the type of person who always wants to convince everyone of what a swell guy he is. Yuck. The whole situation is awful.

MsZem

I see the sea
Perhaps, with all the changes in his life during these past few years, Harry would benefit from additional therapy. Maybe he's already recognized this; I hope so for his sake, because he seems to be having a hard time of it.

On a lighter note, Queen Letizia was in great form for the royal visit to Cuba this week:

puglover

Are Harry and Meghan planning to spend the time from American Thanksgiving to Christmas in LA with Meghan's Mom? Having had adult children come "home" with their spouse and children, that seems like quite a long time to me. Maybe the US media will be gentler but I would still assume their freedom of movement would be very curtailed. Interesting.

canbelto

Are Harry and Meghan planning to spend the time from American Thanksgiving to Christmas in LA with Meghan's Mom? Having had adult children come "home" with their spouse and children, that seems like quite a long time to me. Maybe the US media will be gentler but I would still assume their freedom of movement would be very curtailed. Interesting.

I think it’s more of a general vacation in the US. Some time with mom,maybe some time with Meghan’s friends in the US.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I have yet to read or hear anyone who is not supportive of H&M spending six weeks in the US.

My home page had a story about Meghan suing the British press. The comments section had the most vile replies I have ever seen. The American visit was pictured as "running home to mummy" & as a slap to the RF. The lawsuit was described as poor little snowflake not keeping a stiff upper lip. Some of the comments were so outlandish it was unbelievable. I saw one or two trying to defend Meghan but most were vile.

canbelto

My home page had a story about Meghan suing the British press. The comments section had the most vile replies I have ever seen. The American visit was pictured as "running home to mummy" & as a slap to the RF. The lawsuit was described as poor little snowflake not keeping a stiff upper lip. Some of the comments were so outlandish it was unbelievable. I saw one or two trying to defend Meghan but most were vile.

TheRoyalFamily’s instagram handler also has his or her hands full deleting a bunch of racist comments from the posts during a Remembrance Day.

mag

TheRoyalFamily’s instagram handler also has his or her hands full deleting a bunch of racist comments from the posts during a Remembrance Day.

I absolutely do not agree with comments such as those mentioned. It is important to differentiate between media and comments (which I realize I didn’t do in my post.) Harry and Meghan are going to have to stop, if they haven’t already, reading the comments section anywhere. It would be nice if that wasn’t the case, but that is beyond their control. I have noticed that more YouTube and written articles have the comments section turned off, which I think is a sound policy. Basically if people can’t control themselves, comments will not be allowed.

@taf2002 You mention that the article had to do with the lawsuit. Was the actual article critical of H&M spending Christmas in the US? Or was it the comments?

A quick search brings up these articles. The first links are always to the Express which I can never get to open properly so that I can read the whole article. Their headlines are usually trashy but it seems more like they are saying there is outrage without actually saying where this outrage is.

All the other articles are either neutral or positive and most note that William and Kate did the same thing.

clairecloutier

I personally believe that racism is the true basis of most of the antagonism toward Meghan. Secondary to that, from Brits, is perhaps anti-Americanism (or just really, maybe, resentment that a foreigner married one of their princes?). Third, the fact that she is not married to a direct heir (like William) makes her "fair game"--we saw this with Fergie, many years ago.

It's really sad, and I do not envy her & Harry at all. I've read speculation that they might leave the Royal Family entirely (which I guess would involve giving up his titles?). I wouldn't be too surprised if they do, and I wouldn't blame them.

canbelto

I personally believe that racism is the true basis of most of the antagonism toward Meghan. Secondary to that, from Brits, is perhaps anti-Americanism (or just really, maybe, resentment that a foreigner married one of their princes?). Third, the fact that she is not married to a direct heir (like William) makes her "fair game"--we saw this with Fergie, many years ago.

It's really sad, and I do not envy her & Harry at all. I've read speculation that they might leave the Royal Family entirely (which I guess would involve giving up his titles?). I wouldn't be too surprised if they do, and I wouldn't blame them.

It's also a perfect storm right now. The strident nationalism that is driving Brexit needs easy targets and Meghan is the easy target. As disgusting as the comments section in Meghan articles are right now, they are less disgusting than the vile racism of the comments section whenever Brexit is mentioned. I actually got into an argument with a woman on a ballet board of all places when she said that Britain's ballet company should reflect its "white Aryan" population.

mag

@mag, the articles was neutral. It was the comments that were :EVILLE:

The comment section is always a viper pit, and not just for Meghan. Something about being anonymous behind a keyboard makes people thing they can let out their vile and disgusting inner thoughts.

I wish more places would turn them off if they don’t want to moderate them properly.

In other news, Kate’s personal assistant, Catherine Quinn, is stepping down after 2 years.

Last edited:

canbelto

The comment section is always a viper pit, and not just for Meghan. Something about being anonymous behind a keyboard makes people thing they can let out their vile and disgusting inner thoughts.

I wish more places would turn them off if they don’t want to moderate them properly.

In other news, Kate’s personal assistant, Catherine Quinn, is stepping down after 2 years.

I like to watch TheRoyalFamily's Instagram account. During the weekend the inappropriate comments pile up. Then by Monday, they are gone. I don't envy that job. There seems to be a huge "Meghan is a man" contingent. Which ... I do not get.
KP's Instagram is way more on top of deleting comments. Whoever runs that account seems to delete comments within minutes. Hard work.

WhatKateWore and a couple of other fashion blogs are also tightly moderated so that inappropriate comments are not approved.

mag

There seems to be a huge "Meghan is a man" contingent. Which ... I do not get.

This sort of comment is pure racism. There were many, many, such comments made about Michelle Obama.

It is a form of dehumanizing someone much in way Trump refers to immigrants with various dehumanizing descriptions. If the Royal Family instagram account does not have people monitoring the comments over the weekend, they should not allow comments to posted during those times.

floskate

Vacant
Well Andrew's interview with Emily Maitliss will give H&M some breathing space. It was an absolute car crash with him showing no remorse, no reference to the victims and exposed what is wrong with our society; that he felt he should be honourable to a rich chum rather than drop him like a hot potato because he was a convicted peodophile. The establishment will go to any lengths to protect itself and it's inhabitants.

And then there's the whole "non-sweating and pizza" alibi that he presented. :eek: (On the plus side the reviews for Pizza Express Woking are gold!).

Suffice to say that this has done irreversible damage IMO to his reputation. The press are unanimous in their condemnation and the only option for him at this juncture is to just retire from public life and go away. The longer he stays around mouthing off like this on national TV and (by all accounts) kicking off behind the scenes and not listening to any sound advice, the more damage he continues to inflict on the Royal family.

@clairecloutier I have been saying for some time that Harry and Meghan will leave the UK and I for one wouldn't blame them one bit.

canbelto

Andrew is being dragged for this interview. He didnt sweat but he does now?

Also:

Last edited:

Oreo

My boyfriend is a retired royal protection officer who worked at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. He says the one person he absolutely loathed was Andrew. On one occasion Sarah Ferguson even came out and apologized to the police for his bad behavior. He has no comment on Meghan, but other people (whom I’ve met) that still work in Windsor Castle certainly do. Not entirely favorable and nothing to do with racism.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Wow @Oreo. Interesting stuff!

I didn’t watch the interview with Andrew and have no desire to, but Twitter has been hilarious.

canbelto

I'm totally using this as a defense for any and all future accusations. "But that was you on camera robbing the bank!"

"No it cant be me bc I see sweat on the forehead in that picture and I have a disease where I didnt sweat when the bank robbery took place but I do sweat now!"

"Why did you associate with bank robbers?"

"It was the honorable thing to do and I'm just too honorable!"

Oreo

Here’s another little Andrew insight, which has nothing to do with my royal protection officer boyfriend mentioned above. Several years ago I was working for an event planner in California where I live. The trustees from a school in Canada came out for a meeting (lovely people btw) of which Andrew is also a trustee. There was a big dinner held that night at the vacation home of one of the trustees. I was sitting in the garage having dinner with the Met Police (the protection officers), reps from the US State Dept. there as a courtesy for this non- official visit, and the local police. (btw, the State Dept people told me they were there in Vegas when Harry did his naked poker with the girls stunt Rolled eyes.) Anyway halfway through dinner the radios went off followed by a massive groan. Turns out Andrew wanted the following day’s schedule pushed back by a few hours—perhaps he needed a morning lie in? It took all night to make that happen and it was something like 63 people who were impacted by that change—everything from hotel banquets, drivers, artists in town who were opening their galleries, me, and on down the line.

You grow up in this atmosphere of being absolutely clueless of what goes on to make your life work, you become a grown adult who just doesn’t get personal responsibility. When I told my Andrew story to my now boyfriend, he said the Queen would never have put people out like that.

mag

@Oreo I can’t imagine Princess Anne doing that, or William or Harry. No idea about Charles, but if Edward were ever inclined, I am sure Sophie would have stopped it long ago. Andrew is and has always been an ass. Why Sarah is still with him is beyond me.

canbelto

We're told over and over again that Prince Andrew is the Queen's "favorite." I kind of wonder why. I don;t see much likable about him.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
The Queen whole life has been regimented since young 20-something. Andrew's life has been doing what he wants. Maybe she's jealous or admiring of that. I think Harry was going down that path as well but apparently he's grown up. Maybe Andrew never has.

puglover

It interests me that Prince Andrew "kicks myself on a daily basis" for staying with Epstein after he had been convicted of pedophilia because "it was unbecoming of a member of the royal family". How about unbecoming of a man who cares about young women, a father of girls, a mature, educated man, anyone who clearly should know better. Not sure who it is "becoming" of. That comment says to me that he doesn't appear to see anything terribly wrong with it in principle.

mag

Rocking the black lace:

ETA: A link the What Kate Wore blog where there is a detailed post about the evening, including:

“...Ranganathan said he, like the Cambridges, had three children and guessed that William and Kate thought the same thing when they saw their three little faces running into their bedroom each morning: ‘Why did we do this?’ The royal couple roared...”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information