Royal figure skating weddings :)

BaileyCatts

FSUAddict

Robin Szolkowy married his girlfriend of five year's in Chemnitz today.

Short article in German with pictures

There are 5 pictures at the bottom of the article (Click "Zur Bildstrecke").

According to the short article, it was just a small ceremony and a small celebration with closest family and friends. Alexander Gazsi acted as best man. Friends surprised the happy couple with a champagne reception when they left the registry office. There is no honeymoon planned for the moment because Robin has to go back to the Ice Dome figure skating camp in Oberstdorf in a week as one of the coaches.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Awww, they look SOOOOO happy!! Alles gute zum Heiraten!!!

Laney

I´m happy for Robin!!!!! And I wish him and Romy life-long happiness!!!! They´re a great couple!

vivika1982

Latte

I don't know the back story, maybe they met in chinatown? I have always been a fan of Rory.

Xela M

That's such a cool wedding! I always hated big fancy weddings where you spend so much time fretting over the colour of the serviettes to actually enjoy the day.

Some of the weddings in the first post were sooo beautiful though. Plush's first wedding - awwww. And whatever we may think of Bestemiyanova, her and Bobrin's relationship is adorable. And of course G&G.

aftershocks

Banned Member

That was unique. They seem very happy and in love. Cool tattooed lion-themed (Africa-themed) wedding 'rings.' I didn't realize that Rory had split up with her former husband, Ralph Burghardt, with whom she has two sons (one has competed in figure skating nationally). Does anyone know when Rory and Ralph parted ways?

When Rory and her new husband were being interviewed by the local tv news reporter, I guess it didn't come up that she is a former competitive figure skater. Wonder how they were able to get permission to stop traffic for their brief wedding vows. :)

dinakt

kinoriH

Voloshozhar and Trankov's wedding

According to these articles - http://zanews.ru/shou-biznes/55070-v...venchanii.html , http://www.dni.ru/sport/2015/4/26/301871.html

- they're planning to have their wedding this summer
cheer.gif

- they don't want the wedding to be completely traditional, though Tanya believes her dress will be classic and white

- they don't have their wedding rings yet

- Tanya says she is still not ready to change her name, maybe she will add Maxim's, so it'll be Volosozhar- Trankova

- Arrangements in the registry office in Moscow will be done in the near future. Right afterwards they will get married because they decided not postpone it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information