Royal figure skating weddings :)

Xela M

Why am I not surprised? You are so Russian...no attack, :) just this is so typical Russian.

I hope so! Unfortunately, that's not the case and too many Russians revel in Putin's "new Russia" (it's the "khalop" mentality)

lala

I hope so! Unfortunately, that's not the case and too many Russians revel in Putin's "new Russia" (it's the "khalop" mentality)
I don't know. :) But many Russians hate their celebrities..

Xela M

Ugh, thank you. If only you were in charge of the 2014 Sochi Olympic committee, those horrible games would have never happened in Russia.

Ok... Anyone supporting the madness that is going on in Putin's Russia cannot be reasoned with

vivika1982

This wedding really disgusts me

Feast in time of plague
I understand why they got negative feedback about their lavish wedding but maybe he just wanted to give her dream wedding not to show off . If Navka married someone else maybe all the extravaganza wouldn't be so disgusting.

Moving on to the next wedding of the year and wishing happiness to Volosozhar/Trankov

Xela M

I understand why they got negative feedback about their lavish wedding but maybe he just wanted to give her dream wedding not to show off . If Navka married someone else maybe all the extravaganza wouldn't be so disgusting.

Was the $600,000 watch he was wearing also part of that dream (just one of the many disgusting details)?

vivika1982

Last edited:

Xela M

Like what?Her marrying a man that is not even cute compared to Zhulin and all other eye candy men she was linked to .JK.My point is lets wish Navka all the best and stop there :)

Sorry, but in a country where food is burned in moving crematoriums and this is shown on live television to people the majority of whom live below the poverty line, you have a civil servant organise what can only be described as some kind of perverse consumption orgy. It's disgusting.

vivika1982

I understand and it looks really bad especially when one is Putin's secretary of whatever. It is disrespectful of him But again i don't think this is the thread we can discuss this:) Maybe you can open "Let them eat cake" thread and i would be glad to contribute :)

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
"The Inside Edge" blog today recaps Volosozhar/Trankov's August 18th wedding in Moscow - scroll down to the weddings section at the end: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/08/25/145242544

American pairs wedding excerpt:
Here in the States, Tiffany Vise and Don Baldwin were married Aug. 23 in San Diego, California. Vise's sister, Brittany, was the maid of honor, and Donna Baldwin, Rena Inoue, Daina Economou, Devin Matthews and John Baldwin were in the wedding party. The flower girl was Inoue and John Baldwin's 4-year-old daughter, Lilliana. Guests included all three Stiegler siblings -- Tiffany, Stephanie and Johnnie -- Trifun Zivanovic and Ambar Kaiser. Former pairs skater Will Chitwood was the DJ at the reception.

Vise mentioned that Inoue and Baldwin, who married quietly after a very public on-ice proposal at the 2008 U.S. Championships, are expecting their second child, another girl.

Sylvia

Re-posting items from the Japan news thread in GSD - congrats to Yukari Nakano!
It seems Nobu & Kozuka participated in Yukari Nakano's wedding this past Sunday. Nobu updated his blog and posted a beautiful photo of Yukari in her wedding dress. :glamor: Yukari's husband is not a public figure so we can't expect a photo of the lucky guy. :shuffle: It's nice to see smiles are still on Kozuka's face who recently withdrew from CoC due to an injury in his foot. Quick and full recovery for Kozuka! The next wedding we'll see must be Kozuka's. :cheer:
http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-12085727078.html
Posted on July 23, 2015:
Takahiko Kozuka got engaged to Fuji TV's announcer Yukari Oshima. [edited out outdated article link]
Kozuka commented the turning point was his injuries. She's supported him a lot during the tough time. Oshima announced she continues working as an announcer in Fuji TV from now on.
Congrats to them. :cheer2:
Here's a news clip of Kozuka's engagement. His face is shining during the interview.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yznmk_0723-祝-婚約発表-engagement-announcement_sport

Sylvia

Dan Hollander got married on October 17, 2015: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015...ht-together-by-skating-hollanders-get-married
Excerpt from the beginning:
Dan Hollander said he doesn't usually stay until the end of weddings he attends, but he made an exception for one he went to a couple weeks ago -- his own.

"You see it, you sit for a while and then you leave. I was a little concerned about that," said the two-time U.S. bronze medalist, who married fellow skating coach Emily Chase on Oct. 17 at the Wabeek Country Club in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. "I thoroughly enjoyed our wedding. We stayed to the very end.

"There was never a time where we weren't either dancing or talking with people and having a nice time," he added.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I loved Hollander as a competitive skater and as a comic pro. (manleywoman interviewed him for her podcast.)

Congratulations to the happy couple :cheer2:

Sylvia

David King tweeted from England on April 23 on the happy occasion of his marriage to his pairs partner and fellow Olympian Stacey King: https://twitter.com/davidking_dk/status/723775680887050240
12 years together and six years engaged, today I marry my lady @iceangel_sk #weddingday

Takahiko Kozuka married Yukari Oshima, a newscaster for Fuji TV, in February 2016, according to the article posted in this GSD thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...performs-for-last-time-also-is-married.98507/

Sylvia

2010 U.S. National pairs champion (with Caydee Denney) and Olympian Jeremy Barrett married Lucy Galleher yesterday (April 30) in Florida - both coach in Coral Springs, FL. She previously skated pairs with John Coughlin (6th in Junior at 2004 Nationals).

Last edited:

Sylvia

First story of today's "Inside Edge" blog is about an upcoming wedding: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016...inside-edge-kerr-marshall-to-wed-in-uk-castle
Sinead Kerr, who won seven British ice dance titles and two European bronze medals with brother John, will wed her Battle of the Blades partner Grant Marshall on July 31 at Dalhousie Castle in Edinburgh, Scotland.
"Grant and I met on the Canadian TV show Battle Of The Blades when we were partnered up," Kerr wrote in an email from Scotland, where she was busy arranging wedding details.
Last story is about Dan Hollander and wife's first baby, Arianna Alina, born on May 13. Posted in this thread last year:

Last edited:

Sylvia

Congrats to Kim Navarro and hubby - their wedding took place yesterday in Sun Valley, Idaho. From "Inside Edge" (8/7/15 by Sarah. S Brannen, special to icenetwork):
Two-time U.S. bronze medal ice dancer Kim Navarro is engaged to longtime boyfriend Mark Freeman. The two have been dating for more than 10 years and plan to have an informal wedding in May in Sun Valley, Idaho.

"He works at a winery in Los Gatos, California," Navarro said. "I met him a long time ago through mutual friends."

Navarro said the two plan an "anniversary" party instead of a traditional wedding.

"One of the activities at the party will be getting married," Navarro said. "My last birthday, I realized I'm getting older every year, and the next chapter is ahead of us. Traditional wedding things won't be a part of our experience."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information