RIP HM Queen Elizabeth II

D

Deleted member 221

RIP Queen Elizabeth II. I know it shouldn’t have been unexpected given her age, but it seems so surreal right now.

We'll probably never know (and honestly it's none of our business), but I'll always be curious about what happened between Tuesday and Thursday that resulted in such a sharp decline but did not require hospitalization. I suspect she either died suddenly and the earlier statement was just to give us all time to prepare, or else she had a terminal illness that they were managing quietly.

ilovepaydays

Sympathy to Charles for losing his "mummy" but happy he finally gets to be King. I expect there will be some changes with him and William now leading the family.

The PM has named Charles "King Charles III."

So, it’s official that he has chosen that as his regal name? I heard rumors that he may pick George or Philip.

Amy L

I was always expecting her to make it past 100 like her mother.

QEII was born before Anne Frank and MLK Jr (who born on the same day in 1929). She lived through some of the most important events in Western history, and she was such a historical linchpin herself. RIP

If Charles goes with a new regal name I will probably never remember to call him anything other than Charles. Though King Charles just reminds me of the dog breed :dog:

kedrin

I suspect she either died suddenly and the earlier statement was just to give us all time to prepare, or else she had a terminal illness that they were managing quietly.
I too think the statement was a way to give us time to prepare.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Condolences to the U.K. on the loss of your longest reigning sovereign. Best wishes to King Charles III and the Queen Consort.
I am one month older than her reign so I always felt a bit of a connection even though I’m a Yank. She was a constant in so many people’s lives. RIP Elizabeth II, your memory will be for a blessing.
And if it’s not presumptuous for an American to say, God save the King.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
We'll probably never know (and honestly it's none of our business), but I'll always be curious about what happened between Tuesday and Thursday that resulted in such a sharp decline but did not require hospitalization. I suspect she either died suddenly and the earlier statement was just to give us all time to prepare, or else she had a terminal illness that they were managing quietly.
Well, the announcement said she died peacefully this afternoon, and the BRF and media have never made it much of a secret what time her father and grandfather passed, so I don't see why they would lie about her time of death.

But, really, Louis, sometimes these things happen. My dad had been in the hospital, but was home when he passed away. He hadn't been doing well the weekend before and had struggled with dizziness and even standing at, but if you'd asked my mom the night before, she'd have not expected him to die the next day. I don't think it's impossible to believe that she took a very sudden turn at the end, in her last hours this morning.

attyfan

I just thought that, after the official meeting with the new PM, she thought .... "I can't do any more to help stabilize things, it's time to join Philip" .. and no longer tried to fight it. May her memory be for a blessing.

VGThuy

Will Camilla accept the title of "Queen"?

I read on Twitter it's been confirmed by Clarence House. Personally, I'm glad he didn't change his name.
I think he's been heir-apparent for so long and has been famous for almost as long that choosing a different name to be his regal name at this late stage of his life would have just seemed odd for everyone, including him.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher

I think he's been heir-apparent for so long and has been famous for almost as long that choosing a different name to be his regal name at this late stage of his life would have just seemed odd for everyone, including him.
She will be Queen Consort.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

Yes, she will be Queen Camilla. There was an announcement from QEII last winter, on her accession day anniversary, that she hoped "in due time" Camilla would be Queen Consort.

Amy L

I too think the statement was a way to give us time to prepare.
Me too. The BBC was changing the colors of their website and the newsreaders were changing into black clothing. I think there was a prior message to the British media to give them the heads up, because if they were just jumping the gun it would be embarrassing if she was only ill with something mild.

I don't know if she had a terminal illness or anything like that. Being 96 in itself is kind of terminal. It's also easy for someone of such advanced age to start snowballing medically extremely quickly. My grandma died at 93. She was not in good health for the final year of her life, but she was able to talk and get herself around in a wheelchair up until a day or so before she died.

Cachoo

RIP. It is hard to imagine anyone doing better a job than she did for so many years.
There is certainly longevity in this family so Charles might have 20-25 years to blaze his own trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information