Really, part deux

Gerry

Hi everyone... its Sunday, 2 days before Christmas, Day 761 in Lee's personal chronology. Every day, she is stronger and more interactive; doctors are surprised at her progress. In their defense, they have to be wondering just how many times she can bounce back from trauma this significant.

I hope they can send us home soon... she needs to be back where the faces aren't constantly changing, and big hospitals are turnover factories, especially in the holiday season.

This is the ward she was on prior to last Christmas, and some of the same people are still here... good thing I keep notes and am sort of ok with faces/names. All of them say the same thing; 'nice to see you again; not nice to see you HERE again.'

Lee is still very tired, but is cognitively coherent, can maintain her focus, and is getting better at conversing and asking for things she wants.

She still isnt moving around too much, but she can, and her coordination and strength are improving.

I read to her and tell her about all the people thinking, praying, and asking about her, and she seems surprised that so many are in her corner. Her whole life. She has been the one taking care of others (mostly me) and she is learning what it's like on the other side.

Thanks for hanging in there with us; its been a long road trip, and the company helps, if for no other reason than I'm talking to real people, not talking to myself. Or, at least, that's what I try to tell the guys from psych who keep looking at me strangely and whispering...

quartz

scratching at the light
Thank you for this update Gerry, and for your strength, courage, and willingness to share this very personal journey with us and letting us be a shoulder to lean on.
And please tell all Lee’s caregivers that FSU thanks them too.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Thank you for the positive update @Gerry - you and Lee can be assured of the support of the FSU community, lots of very real folks in far flung parts who wish they could give you more than virtual hugs, thoughts and prayers.

At this special time of the year my prayers continue to be with you both and with your family.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Gerry, now I have my wonderful husband taking care of me for the last two months; I’m not as sick as Lee but far from healthy.

Now I really understand the love and caring that a spouse brings to the terrible vulnerability and dependence that sick prople have. It’s more than sitting with us in a hospital and much more knowing someone is watching over us and out for us in the most selfless way.

I’m not describing this well but just wanted to say bless you for all you’ve endured for Lee’s sake.

KCC

Warm wishes from Idaho, for a peaceful and happy Christmas and improved health in 2019. Your kindness, the health care staff's "never giving up" approach to care, and Lee's fighting spirit all remind us of the goodness in the world (that is often hidden by the headlines). Wish more of us could be closer to give physical support, and not just moral support. Merry Christmas!

Gerry

Gerry, now I have my wonderful husband taking care of me for the last two months; I’m not as sick as Lee but far from healthy.

Now I really understand the love and caring that a spouse brings to the terrible vulnerability and dependence that sick prople have. It’s more than sitting with us in a hospital and much more knowing someone is watching over us and out for us in the most selfless way.

I’m not describing this well but just wanted to say bless you for all you’ve endured for Lee’s sake.

Thanks for sharing; I wish strength for your husband, and hope... always hope. For you. I wish the grace of recovery. Lee says to tell you she Hopes you get better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information