Really, part deux

Gerry

Hi team. Sorry for not getting on Lee's case to respond more.. she is having some difficulty Reading (focal length shifts), and is still sleeping a lot. Cognitive activity tires her out as much as physical activity, and as mentioned before, she has no buffer... when she gets tired, or a bit if an infection, there are immediate consequences.

But she is doing great! She is bright, loves seeing her friends and family, and is mostly behaving for the nurses. Her birthday party the other day saw her sit up for 3 hrs, talk and laugh with her colleagues, and sneak a bit of cake (she doesn't think I know, but a nurse ratted her out).

She has been weight-bearing on a tilt table every day; today she made 11 minutes and felt good. I like this tilt table stuff because I get a stand-up hug or two under the pretext of being a spotter.

Her doctor took 2 weeks off and when he came back, he was astounded at her progress. I guess I only see little incremental changes, but I'm still amazed that she continues to defy the odds and expectations. I snuck away to Arkansas and Toronto to work in the last 3 weeks, and it was both nice and nerve-wracking to get away a bit... but she is in great hands, getting stronger every day, and a little break from me is probably good for her, too.

Still more to come...

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information