Project Runway 18

Moto Guzzi

I liked Chelsey, too. I thought Victoria would be out because she was in the bottom last week as well as this week, and that yellow outfit was just a mess. I didn't care for all her whining and threatening to quit, either.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Christian's critique really had her flummoxed.
Look, she might have lost with her original idea, which looked like a loofah covered with a washcloth. But she really got stuck since Geoff s really wasn’t bad and the judges gave Victoria two wins and couldn’t boot her. Yet.

Rob

Beach Bum
They didn't do Victoria any favors with all the wins/tops/accolades when it was clear then that she was "one note" which has gotten people dinged in the past, especially by Nina. Now that she can't make exactly the same silhouette without getting chased around by Christian (even though she kinda did), she can't produce the quality. So we shall see - we know exactly what her collection would look like since we have already seen it so why bother. I thought Delvin would be in the top this week over Marquise. And I thought they would say "we've seen Sergio's dress before" but it's nice and make him safe and put Brittany in the top since it was a color and not black. I am just not fashion forward I guess!

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
The judges are on crack if they think Marquis’ dress wasn’t a hot mess.

Christian’s advice screwed up Chelsey and Victoria—they should have just gone with what they sketched. There wasn’t enough time to completely switch gears like that.
While Marquis was a distant 3rd, it was still better than the other 5. Only 2 designers stepped up to the plate this week.

Chelsey's was a hot mess before listening to Christian and didn't get better after listening to Christian. I think she was doomed either way.

Victoria really does need to stop making the same silhouette over and over. While she would have had a better design if she had not listened to Christian, she still would have been dinged for 1) being a one-trick pony and 2) not abiding by the challenge for the 2nd week in a row.

agalisgv

While Marquis was a distant 3rd, it was still better than the other 5.
I would have eliminated Marquis this week—it was that bad. I would have had Brittany’s outfit in the top. It was a fun piece, well executed, and the shorts gave it a fun, youthful feel.

Didn’t care for Delvin’s top, but the skirt was fine.

I thought Victoria was having a drama tantrum for being critiqued last week and then again with Christian. I think she doesn’t like critiques, and wants to take her toys and leave if she’s ever told no.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Well, Brittny surely had the worst look this week but Nancy’s was pretty bad, I think I had that pantsuit in the ‘70s. I’m torn on Christian’s save since I think it might be needed for Delvin, who’s talented but gets in his own way. I don’t really have a favorite designer this season, I might have rooted for Dayung if she’d gotten to the final.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Well, Brittny surely had the worst look this week but Nancy’s was pretty bad, I think I had that pantsuit in the ‘70s. I’m torn on Christian’s save since I think it might be needed for Delvin, who’s talented but gets in his own way. I don’t really have a favorite designer this season, I might have rooted for Dayung if she’d gotten to the final.
ABS... Anyone but Sergio

Moto Guzzi

Sergio brings out the worst in me. I just want to slap that smug look off his face when he starts going on about how wonderful he is. I didn't like the backwards tuxedo when I saw it on Celine Dion years ago. I'm glad he was called out, too, for his usual political comments relating to his garments. Cut the crap. Nobody wants to go back to the attitudes of the 50s.

skatemomaz

Resist
Sergio brings out the worst in me. I just want to slap that smug look off his face when he starts going on about how wonderful he is. I didn't like the backwards tuxedo when I saw it on Celine Dion years ago. I'm glad he was called out, too, for his usual political comments relating to his garments. Cut the crap. Nobody wants to go back to the attitudes of the 50s.
I can't deny Sergio has technical skills and I thought the dress was beautifully made and fitted, but his pretense that he never saw the Celine Dion tux was ridiculous. And his so called political statement was complete BS, that attitude is straight out of the Trump playbook. Add to that, he full on admitted at the start he didn't have a story to go with the look and he would devise one later. I agree, I want to scream every time he gets all smug and above all the rest attitude.

I loved Marquise's winning look from the moment his model stepped out. The jacket was elegant, perfectly fitted and you could tell his model felt great in it. I thought the fit of the pants were a little off, but the overall impact was gorgeous.

Geoffrey surprised me in a good way, I really liked the look but I agree that the bowtie was too big.

Victoria is another that has great technical skills and this dress was the first that didn't have that same damn silhouette she's been sending down week after week, but to me, the dress wasn't all that extraordinary. Honestly, whatever designer gets Thijin has their design elevated by her. She is the best model on the show.

Delvin just had too many ideas going, I would have ditched the corset and just done very tailored jacket.

I have liked several of Nancy's earlier works, but this one was a dud.

I'm really glad Christian used his save on Brittany, but man that was a bad look. The fabric just wasn't strong enough to make a well tailored jacket and it the proportions were so bad.

Aceon6

Well, that was interesting. I expected Nancy to get a tongue wagging from the judges over “pants AGAIN” but her tie dye was probably the best. To my eye, the right look was auffed and the right one won. From the preview, it looks like Sergio is explaining again next week. Maybe, just maybe...

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Geoffrey's dress was gorgeous. Wow. That was one of the best looks all season.
Delvin was a disappointment for me. He started off strong but just couldn't get it together.
Sergio's dress was beautiful. I still don't like him but that was an amazing dress.
I still love Nancy.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
More often than not, the ending clips don’t correspond with the judges critiques. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Sergio and Victoria are in the top next week, and that Sergio’s ‘I thought it was perfect’ was in response to something like question on how he felt about the challenge. He still rubs me the wrong way (and the editors are making sure to get every side eye and reaction out of him), but he’s still worthy of being there.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I enjoyed watching Project Runway, but they don't make it easy to watch since season 13. I don't purchase cable, so I used to watch online. But then they made it difficult to watch online unless you have cable or pay for their website streaming.

I own DVDs of seasons 1-2. And seasons 1-8 are available at my local library. But that's it. Anyone wishing to catch or review other seasons have to pay on Youtube, the current network website or other streaming services. Or else purchase available DVDs on Amazon. No PR seasons are available on Netflix.

I've seen seasons 1-12, a couple of episodes of season 13, and the first episode of season 17. I've also seen a few seasons of the former Project Runway All-Stars. I haven't seen any of the Project Runway: Junior series.

Christian Siriano, in his own right, is an excellent replacement for Tim Gunn (mentoring the contestants). I loved Christian on PR season 4, and I've read his book, Fierce Style: How to Be Your Most Fabulous Self. I came across these two video interviews/features on Christian and his rise in the tough world of fashion design:

Christian's recent NYFW runway show:

Some background on how Project Runway is produced:

Hosts and judges look back on PR season 10:

Christian Siriano hosts an after show. Here he discusses the Tie-Die show (episode 10, Season 18) with the eliminated contestant:

Last edited:

Aceon6

Hmmm, I must have poor eyesight or poor taste, but how in heck did Victoria end up in the top two? Or was it 100% clear from the outset that Nancy’s was the only acceptable look and the producers made the decision on who would go against her in the critique? That’s the only logical explanation for me.

Off to check out Netflix’s PR equivalent. Tom and Lorenzo say it’s fab.

Impromptu

Sekret Custom Title
Hmmm, I must have poor eyesight or poor taste, but how in heck did Victoria end up in the top two? Or was it 100% clear from the outset that Nancy’s was the only acceptable look and the producers made the decision on who would go against her in the critique? That’s the only logical explanation for me.

Off to check out Netflix’s PR equivalent. Tom and Lorenzo say it’s fab.

"Next in Fashion"? .... Yeah, I threw it on one night for background noise while I was cleaning, and the next thing I knew, I had binge watched the entire series in one weekend. It's very watchable.

tony

I feel like Victoria- I think someone should've gone home and I'd probably pick Marquise or maybe Brittany. I get that all of the athletes were very happy, but it wasn't like everything presented was beyond amazing. Happy for Nancy though. She is so kind and considerate. And then you have Sergio getting into the mind of a pregnant woman and speaking for all of them.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Nancy was absolutely the right winner last night but I was OK with no-one going home, it would have been very bad optics to off someone whose athlete loved her dress.

I missed last week and was upset Delvin is gone. Now, I guess I think the final four will be Victoria, Britteny, Sergio and Nancy. Marquise and Geoffrey are just too hit-and-miss.

tony

Nancy was absolutely the right winner last night but I was OK with no-one going home, it would have been very bad optics to off someone whose athlete loved her dress.

I missed last week and was upset Delvin is gone. Now, I guess I think the final four will be Victoria, Britteny, Sergio and Nancy. Marquise and Geoffrey are just too hit-and-miss.

In the past, though, they have sent designers home often that have done exactly what their clients wanted.

But it’s alright, now next week becomes super important. I agree with Nancy and Brittany being in the finals and I agree that Marquise is probably the one most likely to not make it, but I can’t figure out if we’ve been building up for a Sergio boot right before the finale or if he loses in the finale. I actually think Geoffrey will be there but it might be a toss-up between Victoria and Sergio for the last spot.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Nah, Victoria is the chosen one for this season despite the fact that I think her clothes are Early Moldovan Hooker. She's photogenic, bitchy and her stuff does have a style that gets noticed. I agree that Sergio is either auffed next week or loses in the finale. I don't expect a great collection from anyone this year.

Lucy25

"Next in Fashion"? .... Yeah, I threw it on one night for background noise while I was cleaning, and the next thing I knew, I had binge watched the entire series in one weekend. It's very watchable.
Same! I like it so much better than PR!

Aceon6

Same! I like it so much better than PR!
More talent, less bitchiness, and only one person out of 18 who couldn’t properly fit and finish a garment in the time allowed. Netflix wins.

Which reminds me... The Klum/Gunn series Making the Cut on Amazon is supposed to start airing in March... a full 9 months after the first episode taped. I’m not sure how I feel about being urged to buy stuff while watching, but I may give it a shot.

Rob

Beach Bum
I think it is clear they want Brittany in the final (Siriano Save), but Nina disliked her dress more than any other because it was so ordinary so they couldn't eliminate anyone.

floridaice

Final four:

Jeffery :cheer2:
Victoria -- I'm ok with this -- i think she might be better when she isn't given a theme
Nancy :cheer2:
Sergio :( -- would have liked Marquis much more

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information