Pick up to 3 for each discipline that deserve to go to the 2022 Olympics!

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
Men:
Ilia Malinin
Kazuki Tomono
Yan Han

Ice Dance:
Green/Parsons
Reed/Ambrulevičius
Lopareva/Brissaud

Women:
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Mai Mihara
Alena Kostornaia

Pairs:
Calalang/Johnson
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Artemeva/Nazarychev

Last edited:

Orm Irian

Women: Dasa Grm, Yasmine Kimiko Yamada, Zahra Lari.
Men: Paul Fentz as more than just a Team Event fill-in, Han Yan, Graham Newberry.
Pairs: Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore, Petranovic/Souza Kordeiru.
Ice Dance: Reed/Ambrulevicius.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Men:
Ilia Malinin
Kazuki Tomono

Yan Han

Ice Dance:
Green/Parsons
Reed/Ambrulevičius
Lopareva/Brissaud

Women:
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Mai Mihara

Alena Kostornaia

Pairs:
Calalang/Johnson
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin

Artemeva/Nazarychev
Agree with those in bold, above. I’d substitute:

Men:
Adam Fa he’s going after all, so I’ll pick Mikhail Shaidorov of Kazakhstan!

Dance:
Wolfkostin/Chen (USA)

Women:
Niina Petrokina (Estonia)

Pairs:
Chan/Howe (USA)

Last edited:

Seerek

My biggest hopes before the season started were that Burak Demirboga and/or Slavik Hayrapetyan somehow qualified for the Olympics. Heartbroken for both and their countries.

Also, I still feel awful for Yi Christy Leung getting injured at 2021 Worlds - she seemed like someone would qualify for the Olympics no problem. Who knows when/if she'll come back.

Evgeniafan

My biggest hopes before the season started were that Burak Demirboga and/or Slavik Hayrapetyan somehow qualified for the Olympics. Heartbroken for both and their countries.

Also, I still feel awful for Yi Christy Leung getting injured at 2021 Worlds - she seemed like someone would qualify for the Olympics no problem. Who knows when/if she'll come back.
I really wanted Slavik to make it. So sad. :cry:

Fadeevfanboy

These are all in addition to the people who are already going, not instead of someone else.

Men: Evgeny Semenenko, Han Yan, Ilia Malinin
Ladies: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Mai Mihara, Satoko Miyahara
Pairs: Walsh/Michaud, Calalang/Johnson, Metelkina/Parkman
Dance: Reed/Ambrulevicius, Hurtado/Khaliavin, Soucisse/Firus

I agree on all of those except Satoko. She can barely jump anymore.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Men - Malinin, Semenenko, Turkish man (either Burak or Basar)
Women - Tuktamysheva, Mihara, Haein Lee
Pairs - Calalang/Johnson, Metelkina/Parkman, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Dance - Lopareva/Brissaud, Hurtado/Khaliavin, Reed/Ambrulevicius (unless a miracle has happened and Lithuania's president had a change of heart), *Janse van Rensburg/Steffan (if R/A get that miracle passport for Allison).

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
These are all in addition to the people who are already going, not instead of someone else.
Absolutely! I really wish some nations that have an abundance of talent could send more than 3. I definitely hope every skater/team that qualified gets to compete and that nothing goes wrong that would require any alternate to substitute for anyone. It’s so unfortunate to see skaters not make their nation’s Olympic team even though they qualified to the Grand Prix Final this season, as is the case with Tuktamysheva, Kostornaia and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin. The #4 and #5 Russian pairs teams could potentially finish in the top 8 in the world and sadly they are not going to the Olympics. Mai Mihara and Green/Parsons have been so consistent this season and both just won 4CC very comfortably and they are not going. It’s a real shame in cases like these that some performance exception cannot be made to the number of some nation’s qualifying entries to the Olympics. All of the best skaters in the world should be there!

Last edited:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Men:
Ilia Malinin
Kazuki Tomono
Yan Han

Ice Dance:
Green/Parsons
Reed/Ambrulevičius
Lopareva/Brissaud

Women:
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Mai Mihara
Alena Kostornaia

Pairs:
Calalang/Johnson
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Artemeva/Nazarychev
I think this is a great list! :40beers:
I would swap out Calalang/Johnson for Metelkina/Parkman and Green/Parsons for Muramoto/Takahashi but that’s just personal preference.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
There are many skaters who deserve to go but aren't going, especially from countries with deep fields in their respective disciplines, but the ones whose absence from the Games is actually making me sentimental are Han Yan, Alyona Kostornaia and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, and in ice dance Hurtado & Khaliavin, Muramoto & Takahashi and Reed & Ambrulevicius. I would say Niina Petrokina too, but she and Eva-Lotta are both young and talented enough for me to feel like they'll earn two spots in 2026 and will both be able to go and do better then than this season.

It's very nice that amidst all the heartbreak and injustice happening in figure skating the Swedish fed decided to do the right thing for once and are sending Taljegård and Majorov to Beijing; otherwise they would have been on my list too.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
There are many skaters who deserve to go but aren't going, especially from countries with deep fields in their respective disciplines, but the ones whose absence from the Games is actually making me sentimental are Han Yan, Alyona Kostornaia and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, and in ice dance Hurtado & Khaliavin, Muramoto & Takahashi and Reed & Ambrulevicius. I would say Niina Petrokina too, but she and Eva-Lotta are both young and talented enough for me to feel like they'll earn two spots in 2026 and will both be able to go and do better then than this season.

It's very nice that amidst all the heartbreak and injustice happening in figure skating the Swedish fed decided to do the right thing for once and are sending Taljegård and Majorov to Beijing; otherwise they would have been on my list too.
They ARE? I missed that. The only good news today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information