Objectively speaking, who deserved to win the 2018 OGM?

Who deserved to win the 2018 Olympics?

• Evgenia Medvedeva (Евгения Медведева)

• Alina Zagitova (Алина Загитова)

Results are only viewable after voting.

muffinplus

Choosing between Medvedeva and Zagitova is like deciding to decorate your bathroom walls either a shade of eggshell or hog bristle.

They executed painting by numbers programs strictly designed to maximise IJS.

And what's wrong with that? We are discussing who should win, not who we find more aesthetically pleasing to watch

Foolhardy Ham Lint

And what's wrong with that? We are discussing who should win, not who we find more aesthetically pleasing to watch

There's nothing wrong with it, except for the total disregard of PCS.

It makes me sad that they were so boring and forgettable, and could have been skating to well, anything.

Last edited:

gotoschool

I agree with the results and think Alina should have won. However, the big surprise to me after watching again is how much I liked Satoko's performance even the jumps seemed to blend with the smooth fluidity, grace, picturesque positions, wonderful multi-directional spins, expressive artistry and buttery smooth skating. It was great to see that she knew she nailed it too from her excitement when she was through. I am probably a bit biased against her because of how much I liked Mao, Rika and Mai. For me, my favorite performances were a tie between Satoko and Alina also with fabulous sping, exciting jumps including the gorgeous backend triple flip that reminded me of ballet to the music, and buidling climatic movements in character and costuming to the music. I know a lot of people don't think Alina isn't artistic and maybe on paper she isn't but she has a genuine charisma and aesthetic appeal to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information