nimi

I'm trying to remember if Viktor Petrenko did an exhibition with a rag doll partner.
Oh yes, he did: https://youtu.be/CkMk7_CbP2w

Bonus: Petrenko skating to I'm too sexy
(The insufficiently sexy shirt stays on, which is somewhat disappointing.)

Back to topic... Just watched the Kevin interview. He's delightful! Thank god the 'ockey thing didn't work for him so we figure skating fans get to enjoy his performances instead! (IMO he got wuzrobbed in the SP yesterday. :angryfire Come on, judges! Don't be so stingy with those PCS!)

Does anybody remember if there's already a fan thread for Kevin here somewhere?

mysticchic

Oh yes, he did: https://youtu.be/CkMk7_CbP2w

Bonus: Petrenko skating to I'm too sexy
(The insufficiently sexy shirt stays on, which is somewhat disappointing.)

Back to topic... Just watched the Kevin interview. He's delightful! Thank god the 'ockey thing didn't work for him so we figure skating fans get to enjoy his performances instead! (IMO he got wuzrobbed in the SP yesterday. :angryfire Come on, judges! Don't be so stingy with those PCS!)

Does anybody remember if there's already a fan thread for Kevin here somewhere?
I remember the cheesey doll dance. He even kissed it. Haha
Kevin was robbed. He is so adorable in the interview. It was his 1st english one.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I remember the cheesey doll dance. He even kissed it. Haha
Kevin was robbed. He is so adorable in the interview. It was his 1st english one.

Correct me if I am wrong. But, I'm thinking Doug Mattis did a routine with an inflatable partner called Dorothy Helium.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfRLy87F3C8

Double feature today. The first part of our 2018 Skate America review: the pairs and mens competitions. Joining me is former US National Junior Champion and the star influencer in the sport- Doug Mattis. The dance and ladies event reviews are coming shortly.

Finally gave myself a moment to catch up with this (lol yeah I know, laaaaaaaate). Good recap. Of course I argued with you and Doug about Vincent's calls since I thought they were all justified, but I liked that you guys at least acknowledged there was an issue and talked about it quite well. Subscribed! Might have to listen to an interview each night while stretching to catch up since I'm behind.

(Although, are there any plans to make these downloadable soon? I'd love to be able to listen while tossing off emails at work, but my mobile data definitely would die trying to handle 30 minute Youtube videos and we're not allowed to use the work wifi for Youtube.)

mysticchic

Finally gave myself a moment to catch up with this (lol yeah I know, laaaaaaaate). Good recap. Of course I argued with you and Doug about Vincent's calls since I thought they were all justified, but I liked that you guys at least acknowledged there was an issue and talked about it quite well. Subscribed! Might have to listen to an interview each night while stretching to catch up since I'm behind.

(Although, are there any plans to make these downloadable soon? I'd love to be able to listen while tossing off emails at work, but my mobile data definitely would die trying to handle 30 minute Youtube videos and we're not allowed to use the work wifi for Youtube.)
thank you. I am so glad you like them. We are taking baby steps at this point, but that is a good idea.
This week PJ comes back to join Tony on previewing Finland. Kiira Korpi talks about her book and her life and what she went through to compete. Very compelling. She is very open.
We also have an up and coming Sr dance team you won't want to miss. You also won't want to miss the review of Skate Canada.

mysticchic

Thank you for all your support for the webcast. Tony (mainly Tony) and I are the two doing all the work right now. We have a lot of plans for a webpage and more. We are thrilled you all like it.
PJ will be joining us weekly to preview all the events. I love PJ and Tony together.
If anyone would be interested in doing any of the following,
writing (about events, past skaters, past events, judging, anything to do with skating). Running a prediction contest, web design help, and more, PM me. Even sales (on commission and I have a list of companies for leads), I would be more than happy to consider it all. No money but just a little glory. On stories, you would get a bi line and we can link to your blog or website. I know we have some wonderful writers on here. Not to mention very creative people. It would take about 2 to 3 hours of work a week. PM me if you are interested.

Also who would you like us to interview? Skaters, coaches, choreographers, retired skaters, Skater Moms, adult skaters (off season), Makeup tips, cooking with the skaters, workouts.
How many videos a week? How long should they be? Would you like to see a 5 minute clip of highlights and go watch the rest on Youtube? Or our webpage?
These may not happen right away, but we can put it in motion.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Just finished editing the Kiira Korpi interview - it will be online tomorrow. Not only is it a career retrospective, but she discusses many of the very issues that she dealt with in her own career and skaters are dealing with currently. It's absolutely fascinating.

Wednesday, I talk to American ice dancers Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko as they prepare for their first senior Grand Prix this weekend in Finland.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member

Yay! Awww, Kevin is so cute. And he's obviously passionate about skating. Of course, when he said he told his parents he wanted to do 'ockey for girls, he meant that as a young boy, he thought figure skating was 'ockey for girls. :lol: And he had apparently not taken to, or been considered good at the 'ockey for guys. ;) That's cool for us figure skating fans.

I agree that Kevin got the short end of the stick in the scoring at Skate Canada, particularly due to his early skate order position in the sp. He seemed a bit subdued in the fp, moreso than he was in his passionate, mesmerizing performance at Autumn Classic. I wish Kevin well. He's definitely a skater to watch. :watch:

Icetigger

I loved the interview with H/D. But as for the reviews/previews with P J Kwong- just no. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than bothering to listen to what she has to say.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I loved the interview with H/D. But as for the reviews/previews with P J Kwong- just no. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than bothering to listen to what she has to say.

Sorry to hear that. PJ actually has a wonderful following and many people very much appreciate her. If she isn't your cup of tea, I suppose you could search YouTube for other sources of positive recaps ..... ;)

Icetigger

Sorry to hear that. PJ actually has a wonderful following and many people very much appreciate her. If she isn't your cup of tea, I suppose you could search YouTube for other sources of positive recaps ..... ;)

I'll take a good insightful recap with interesting points over a "positive" one any day. I'll search for those instead. All the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information