mysticchic

Our webcast are meant to be positive and informative. If you are looking for drama, then our webcast aren't for you. These skaters aren't making millions on their skating. They aren't set for life like pro athletes that have their lives dissected. Too many of the skaters are having issues after trying to be perfect. Most spend 40 hours of their week in a lonely ice rink falling and getting up. Their families have sacrificed everything. I respect what they and their teams do.
If you are looking for some fun interviews and getting to know more about the skaters, coaches, and their teams, keep tuning in! We appreciate everyone that supports us and the skaters.
PJ is awesome and one of the most respected names around the world in figure skating. Tony and I are beyond thrilled she chose to do our previews and reviews with us. Doug Mattis is pretty awesome too!

VGThuy

Our webcast are meant to be positive and informative. If you are looking for drama, then our webcast aren't for you. These skaters aren't making millions on their skating. They aren't set for life like pro athletes that have their lives dissected. Too many of the skaters are having issues after trying to be perfect. Most spend 40 hours of their week in a lonely ice rink falling and getting up. Their families have sacrificed everything. I respect what they and their teams do.
If you are looking for some fun interviews and getting to know more about the skaters, coaches, and their teams, keep tuning in! We appreciate everyone that supports us and the skaters.
PJ is awesome and one of the most respected names around the world in figure skating. Tony and I are beyond thrilled she chose to do our previews and reviews with us. Doug Mattis is pretty awesome too!

Love it! Positive and insightful are not mutually exclusive. One can be professional and positive while still substantive and enlightening.

Icetigger

I find P J Kwong unsubstantive and unenlightening, and she functions too much as a Canadian cheerleader. Sorry, but in my opinion she is not a good (and good and positive aren't synonyms) commentator. Telling me loads of people love her isn't going to change my mind because I am not the kind of person who succumbs to peer pressure. Maybe that's the sort of person that these reviews are aimed at, though. So good luck! I hope you find your audience. I'm just disappointed in that after watching the H/D interview and thinking there might be a new great skating discussion show you brought in the woman who creates material like this.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fg8zFPx_I

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'm just disappointed in that after watching the H/D interview and thinking there might be a new great skating discussion show you brought in the woman who creates material like this.......

You still have about 10+ other interviews you can watch, and the great thing is you can enjoy all of them and pass on the reviews and previews if they aren't up your alley.

With that said, two new ones with skaters competing at NHK this weekend:

Courtney Hicks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5d9G8RFXuA

Lilah Fear/Lewis Gibson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPSOoiiO2dI

I may have another interview or two coming up before the start of NHK Trophy, and there's a big one coming next week. :sekret:

Icetigger

Get over it and move on.

O believe me I'm fine. I just think that these guys have launched a potentially great channel with some interviewees who are a real coup (not everyone though) and at the same time they are wheeling out PJ who is overexposed in terms of the interestingness of her viewpoints anyway, has such obviousness in terms of narrowness of the framework within which she discusses skating that any discussion with her is nearly completely redundant, and is so obviously a cheerleader for the Canadians that she will be off-putting to some non-Canadian viewers (or at least myself) Is she really the best they can do, considering the other guests they have on; and considering they might be aiming for an international audience? I don't think so.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
O believe me I'm fine. I just think that these guys have launched a potentially great channel with some interviewees who are a real coup (not everyone though) and at the same time they are wheeling out PJ who is overexposed in terms of the interestingness of her viewpoints anyway, has such obviousness in terms of narrowness of the framework within which she discusses skating that any discussion with her is nearly completely redundant, and is so obviously a cheerleader for the Canadians that she will be off-putting to some non-Canadian viewers (or at least myself) Is she really the best they can do, considering the other guests they have on; and considering they might be aiming for an international audience? I don't think so.

Wow, did PJ pee in your Shreddies or steal your sweetheart? I get the sense she would be "off-putting" to you no matter what she said or where she appeared. I agree with @meggonzo : if she bothers you that much, skip that episode and move on.

kittysk8ts

Thank you gentlemen for bringing all of these wonderful people to us. I would imagine this takes a lot of your time and effort and I really appreciate it. We are very lucky to have various platforms these days to hear from skaters in relaxed environments. It’s such fun. As opposed to nailing them the minute they leave the ice or in the press conferences. Not that those arent interesting as well of course but the more we can get, the better!

kittysk8ts

aftershocks

Banned Member

A really sweet team with such cool personalities [Ha ha, re Snow White & Donkey from Shrek -- I can see them both dressed up as these characters for a Halloween party, or better yet, an exhibition :D]. I love Lewis' Scottish accent. It's a bit softer and mellower than Mark Hanretty's accent, maybe due to Lewis traveling around and training so much in other countries.

Anyway, thanks for introducing us to Lilah and Lewis. I may have seen their names before, but I've never seen them skate until I saw them at Skate America. They jumped off the ice* and into my heart. :) I'm looking forward to seeing them again at NHK!

*Or, maybe I should say they sashayed and sliiiid across the ice right into my heart ;)

Last edited:

kittysk8ts

A really sweet team with such cool personalities [Ha ha, re Snow White & Donkey from Shrek -- I can see them both dressed up as these characters for a Halloween party, or better yet, an exhibition :D]. I love Lewis' Scottish accent. It's a bit softer and mellower than Mark Hanretty's accent, maybe due to Lewis traveling around and training so much in other countries.

Anyway, thanks for introducing us to Lilah and Lewis. I may have seen their names before, but I've never seen them skate until I saw them at Skate America. They jumped off the ice* and into my heart. :) I'm looking forward to seeing them again at NHK!

*Or, maybe I should say they sashayed and sliiiid across the ice right into my heart ;)
Yeah! I love them too @aftershocks! I think they have something really special.

Icetigger

Wow, did PJ pee in your Shreddies or steal your sweetheart? I get the sense she would be "off-putting" to you no matter what she said or where she appeared. I agree with @meggonzo : if she bothers you that much, skip that episode and move on.

If only what came out of her mouth had any degree of open-endedness, or revelation........ Sadly, it doesn't. Why launch something new, and then incorporate something so stale......

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information