Mariah Bell cheer thread: Rise Up

Sylvia

TBD
In December Mariah won her first medal of the season, bronze, at CS Golden Spin of Zagreb (196.60 total, 67.82 SP 4th, 128.78 FS 3rd).

Article by Sora Hwang on Mariah and her programs, including her collaboration with Adam (cross-posting link here and in the U.S. Ladies thread in GSD): https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...the-power-of-mariah-bell-and-adam-rippon.aspx
Excerpts:
Bell is taking the performance lessons she's learned from working with Rippon, including his confidence, onto the ice with two emotional and contrasting programs.
"The story of my short is like, she's telling this guy that she'll love him more than this other girl," Bell said. "It's about showing that you're better and you know it, so now everyone else is going to know it. There's this part that says, 'Believe me, I'll make you see,' and he says that's what it's all about. You already know, and you want everyone else to know."
Bell's free skate, set to music by Ludovico Einaudi, however, pulls at the heartstrings from the opposite end of the spectrum centered on the concept of loss in life.
"Maybe it's a person, or it's more like the loss of a person," Bell said of the story arc in the program put together by Bourne. "It's figuring out how you deal with the loss and at the end, you discover you can live without them. Maybe not without them, but you can live with them not with you—it's a freedom of being able to live with the loss."
Both programs have resonated with the figure skating community and the positive response hasn't gone unnoticed on Bell's end.
"I feel like the thing that has really helped me this year is telling a story," Bell said. "It's helped me stay in the moment of each program versus thinking of the whole program at once, so it's very exciting to get that feedback. That's what I feel, even when I train, like the way that I smile, and the way that I feel when I'm doing my short, I train it the same way at home."

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

lauravvv

I am actually not a great fan of Mariah, although I like her, nor am I a fan if this kind of music, but I like this SP because of the way how she obviously feels and enjoys skating it it, and this time she performed it with even more feeling than usual - especially towards the end. The step sequence was just great. I truly liked this performance :love:. So, congratulations, and wishing good luck and another really good performance in the FS!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I have enjoyed Mariah’s skating for at least the last 2-3 seasons but I was always frustrated by her mistakes on jumps. I am so happy that she skated a clean SP at worlds this time! She has been a performer and I enjoy her performance quality. I hope she skates a clean LP.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Go Mariah!!! Go Bunny Girl!!! I'm cheering so hard today (it's daytime here). Hope you can show everyone how strong you are and as @Vash01 said: Skate your best long program ever!:respec:

I seriously love her SP, since her first outing this season. Such joy. I was sooooo thrilled for her two days ago.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was so happy to see her skate so well, despite the distractions! She fought for every element. She showed great determination. I look forward to her skating next season. She is very talented and she showed that she is mentally tough too. All the best to Mariah.

Chris_E

Proud of Mariah for putting together two solid skates at Worlds despite the controversy. It must not have been easy as her post LP reaction clearly indicated. I would have had her marked slightly higher in the LP but maybe an under on the 2nd lutz which probably would even it out. Hoping for the drama to be fully straightened out in the coming days.

Spun Silver

Mariah has come so far under Raf. The old Mariah would never have been able to stay focused in the middle of all that. I didn't think it would be possible. I'm so impressed. Talk about a silver lining. Especially rising above Eunsoo :40beers: (who also skated wonderfully and with amazing focus apart from the one mistake).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information