Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

hanca

Values her privacy
But I must say Sima's words are so weird for me. I know she is beloved here but she talks too much and very differently. In same months she praised Plushenko after that she gave an interview and had bad words on him. She received grants from Plushenko she trained for free at tha Academy. Plushy payed her medical threatment when she arrived in summer of 2017 because she was injured. Plushenko already had signed contracts about shows when Siima arrived unexpectedly. The academy was 3 months old. Plushenko postponed his shows in Slovakia when became clean no one can go to SLC with Sima.
According to her interview she complained that she lived in a very bad apartement in Moscow and she has no money....
Talk about blaming the victim. I don’t see anything weird at what Sakhanovich wrote. The fact that she praised him and at the same time was critical towards him - as I see it, she was trying to be objective. It is not as if Pluschenko is a completely bad guy, but he did not handle the split well, and it seems also the time before the split. If someone doesn’t believe that the skater is injured and is getting angry with the skater when the skater mentions her injury, it can be quite a bad situation. My coach wasn’t very sympathetic either and I was skating with injured hip for a year! I found a way to compensate for the injury, so in theory I still could skate, (even though it was extremely painful), but by compensating for the injury I made the injury much worse. When it was finally diagnosed (and it took a year of various tests), I already had four injuries in the hip instead of one, because I was adding pressure on all surrounding tissues.

The fact that Pluschenko dropped his show and went with Serafima to her competition- you mentioned it as if it was an example of him being exceptional. Well, wasn’t it his job, by any chance? Serafima may have arrived unexpectedly, but he was the person who decided to take her on, so this decision comes with certain responsibilities.

Anyway, I think that Pluschenko is not any better (but also not any worse) than Tutberidze with parting with their students. They both behave like spoiled brats; they can’t admit that maybe they contributed to the skater wanting to leave.

Last edited:

bardtoob

I woke up around 3 am Saturday morning and couldnt sleep (possibly the drinking) and saw some news about this.

I been meaning to come here and see who started a thread about it... BUT... I have no time to sift through these 9 pages... can someone be a doll and DM the need-to-know details....... I would greatly appreciate it..

why is everyone bailing? Is Plushy that good?

Is she getting the flowers she wants?

Kostornaia left Tutberidze for Plushenko. Apparently Kostornaia told Eteri directly in person but after developing new programs. Eteri says on social media that the reason is Kostornaia does not want to share ice with some skaters in Eteri's group just like ... then list Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, and now Kostornaia as having done this.

My own comments were:

Julia left like half a decade ago, then got treated for an eating disorder and moved on with her life in a major way.

Eteri mentioning Julia at all is Eteri's problem alone. Normally I would say Eteri "needs to get a grip" but probably "let it go" is more appropriate.

Once Julia put forward a requirement not to go out on the same ice with Zhenya ... Then Zhenya refused to skate with Alina ... And now from Alena we have received a whole list of girls non grata. That's where we parted with her ...

The girls change but the behavior remains the same.

I am going to assume it is the team that elicits the behavior from the girls because I don't think the evidence indicates the ice and facilities elicit the behavior.

In addition to my previous thoughts, I hope Kostornaia says nothing.

However, let's get real, Kostornaia is already 16. Since Kostornaia is apparently very bright, she probably already saw a pattern and made a reasonable prediction about where she would be by 2022 if she stayed.

Maybe Shcherbakova, also being 16, will be in a better place since she has something that resembles a 4Lz, although picking with a full blade could cause the technical panel to call it a Loop jump or unlisted jump.

However, my guess is that the 14 year olds with quads in Eteri's group will be her favorites by 2022, like Zagitova was by 2018.

This clip was timely:

Here are short interviews from Eteri and Plushenko.

"You always try to find an excuse for anything you do." Tutberidze about the departure of Alena Kostornaya

Following Alexandra Trusova, figure skater Alena Kostornaya left the coaching group of Eteri Tutberidze. European champion, winner of the ISU Grand Prix finals, holder of two world records passed to Evgeni Plushenko. In an interview with TASS, Tutberidze revealed the details of the last days of working with the athlete, talked about the staging of her new programs and her attitude to what happened.

Eteri Georgievna, how did Alena work at the training camp in Novogorsk?

Until July 15, she trained well, was recovering with an excellent mood, preparing for the season. Two programs were staged - short and free, and in our professional opinion, they should have made at least a splash in figure skating. It was a godsend for her and for the situation in the world.

Already on July 16, she was in a rather sour mood, then she was unwell, she did not go out on the ice, and on the evening of the 18th we talked, Alena announced her plans for the transition. She then left the base, citing health problems.

- Did you manage to recover after switching to Plushenko Sasha Trusova ?

- No, of course. But you always try to find an excuse for any deed, you try to look at the world through their eyes. Understand that they want to win in this situation. But for this you need to talk.

- What did Alena lack?

- She said that she cannot be on the ice with a certain list of athletes. We try to keep the skaters separate. We had five people on the ice, and there was enough time for each. Yes, when there are ten of them, I, of course, no longer have time. But we have three coaches on the ice.

Of course, our coaching staff is offended that we were chosen simply as a headquarters with which we can guarantee to go through training camps for recovery. With Alena, a week was spent on staging, but we could spend this time on other athletes, to embody our other creative ideas. Of course, this is devastating.

- Eteri Georgievna, it turns out that Evgeni Plushenko goes with your athletes to the Olympics.

- Yes, although he did not have time to guarantee himself this initially. Now Plushenko receives ready-made athletes and a certain guarantee for the Olympics.

- Can you justify such transfers of ready-made athletes to other coaches?

- I can only say that I have never lured anyone away. How can an athlete be given a guarantee of results and success? It takes a long way.

Interviewed by Veronika Sovetova

Plushenko: Kostornaya decided to radically change the team, why - you need to ask her

The coach noted that the skater herself expressed a desire to move to his group two weeks ago.

The European figure skating champion Alena Kostornaya made the decision to radically change the team herself, the athlete is focused only on sports. Two-time Olympic champion Evgeny Plushenko told TASS about this, to whose team Kostornaya decided to move from the group of Eteri Tutberidze.

On Friday, Tutberidze announced the transition of the athlete to the Plushenko group. In this off-season, another student left Tutberidze for Plushenko - the winner of the European Championship Alexandra Trusov.

"Alena herself expressed a desire to join my group two weeks ago, she wanted to skate in" Plushenko's Angels "under my leadership and the guidance of Sergei Rozanov. Before that, we did not even know each other. If she had such thoughts before, then this nothing was known, "Plushenko said." I can't say what didn’t suit her, and whether it didn’t, it would be better to ask her herself, I can only say that she decided to radically change the team. "

"She did not have any specific wishes - she just wanted to train, prepare for the Olympics, she is absolutely geared towards sports. We did not even discuss the financial component of the issue, but if something is needed, I will take everything upon myself - I have the opportunity do it, and I don’t be stingy, ”Plushenko stressed.

"This is a sport, and we, of course, will work with Alena on quadruple jumps. She hasn’t skated for a long time - we will restore everything anew, we will put on new programs. We will change the ones that we have set, definitely - these will be our programs, We will stage with Serezha, and if we need choreographers, we will invite the best. And there are thoughts about these programs - Alena and I have been communicating for two weeks already, and proposals on this matter have already been made to her, and she liked them, "Plushenko said.

When asked by TASS if Plushenko is aware of the responsibility he takes upon himself by taking on the team two of the most promising singles in Russia, he replied: “We are ready for anything, and even if there is some kind of misfire, life is not We have a professional approach to training, to work, now we have a strong team, and with the arrival of Seryozha Rozanov it has definitely strengthened, this is a great professional whom we value, cherish and respect. "

“I understood responsibility when Trusova came to us, when [Veronika] Zhilina came to us. We are not afraid of responsibility, we are ready to work, ready to work, which we do every day. by the fireplace, watching TV, as many others do, "Plushenko stressed.

Alexandra Trusova, who already works at Angels Plushenko, reacted normally to Kostornaya's transition. "Everything is fine, she is ready to train. And the fact that Alena wants to skate on the ice alone is nonsense, she has no problems with this, and today she voiced it to me. From tomorrow Alena starts the training process - the academy has been fully operational for a long time, now more than 120 children train there, so the process starts, we start moving, "Plushenko noted.

It gets better
Anatoly Samokhvalov talks to Evgeni Pluschenko for ria.ru

Samokhvalov: Evgenii, Kostornaya switched to your group right after Trusova. Is it a victory for you or a great responsibility?
Pluschenko: For any coach such athletes are a huge responsibility. As for Trusova and Kostornaya - so they are. And we are ready. My team,, Rozanov, we are all glad the skaters come to us

Samokhvalov: Who initiated the switch?
Pluschenko: Alena herself. 2 weeks ago she said she wants to switch to mine and Rozanov's group and I said `why not if it's your decision. If it's an adult weighted decision we are willing to take you and work with you.

Samokhvalov: So you were not negotiating since May
Pluschenko It's nonsense. I don't know that, Alena contacted me 2 weeks ago.

Samokhvalov: You did not contact her about the switch?
Pluschenko: Of course not. I did not initiate Kostornaya's switch. We were not in contact and haven't even met. I saw Alena on the TV, saw her competing but our passes never crossed.

Samokhvalov: After Trusova's switch you were talking about the upcoming sensations.
Pluschenko: I say now there will be more sensations

Samokhvalov: After Kostornaya's switch?
Pluschenko: Of course. Back then I meant that more great (female) skaters will come to us.

Samokhvalov: So what sensations should we expect now? Seems we're done?
Pluschenko: There are a lot who want to come.

Samokhvalov: Speaking of the skaters whose switch would be a sensation they can be counted on one hand
Pluschenko :These skaters.

Samokhvalov: Scerbakova, Zagitova, Medvedeva. That's it
Pluschenko: That's not enough? Or you want 20 people to switch so then it will be a sensation? My school doors are always open. We are open for a dialog and willing to work with any athlete.

Samokhvalov: So those who I mentioned someone might switch to you?
PLuschenko: Perhaps, but there will be sensations, it's just a beginning. There are lots of great athletes in the world of figure skating.

Samokhvalov: Not that many
Pluschenko: I think there are. And am not talking about the foreign skaters.

Samokhvalov: Tutberidze wrote in the instagram: `Now we received from Alena a whole list of girls she does not want to share the ice with'. I.e. there are girls who Kostornaya did not want to train with.
Pluschenko: It's nonsense, she is willing to train with everyone. She has no problem working with whoever, she is positive about all the skaters. She understand the sparring partners are needed and she is willing to share the ice with anyone.

Samokhvalov: Will Kostornaya and Trusova share the ice?
Pluschenko: I think it's ther ight thing. See, we have a possibility to skate on the different rinks - I have enough ice. We'll analyse the situation because for now we haven't started working yet. We'll see whether we, coaches, have time to work with them. If we will not - we'll divide them. If we'll have to - we'll combine. We are very flexible.

Samokhvalov: How will they share Rozanov?
Pluschenko: you are talking bullshit. Rozanov is coaching and coached many athletes, all was fine. Mishin is coaching Tuktamysheva, Samodurova and now KOlyada on the same ice.

Samokhvalov: So Trusova did not demand coming to you with Rozanov who will be working with the little kids, but she would be hte only senior he'll work with?
Pluschenko: there were no such demands

Samokhvalov: Did Alena tell why does she switch to you?
Pluschenko: She wanted the changes, she sees we are a good team, she wants to develop, learn the quads, she wants beautiful and interesting programes. She wants to change the team completely. It's the Russian attitude to the switches as if something unreal had happened. It's a normal situation. It means Alena was not able working there, she was not happy about something. Perhaps the attitude. I wouldn't want to blow it out of the proportions. The athlete made a decision to switch - go ahead. The Federation is not against, the parents are not against, Alena agrees, it's her idea. We supported her idea and plan to move on.

Samokhvalov: Will she gain financially from the switch?
Pluschenko: How are the finances related? Was she receiving anything there? We didn't even discuss the finances. Her goal is the sport.

Samokhvalov: So you were not discussing her being sponsored, participating the new shows?
Pluschenko: Not at all. I'll repeat - her goal is the sport. THe Olympics.

Samokhvalov: She already has the programmes. Will you change them?
Pluschenko: 100%. Of course we will and use our own. What I saw on the instagram out of her recent programmes is a horror. Alena hated it, she said so herself

Samokhvalov: Wow. But her coach choreographer Gleikhengauz said she was enjoyng the programmes so much
Pluschenko: Perhaps that's what Gleigkhengauz would like to happen, but the athlete says the opposite

Now everybody is talking about the politics of Eteri vs Plushenko, and the description reminds me of this:

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Plush also had something to say: https://fs-gossips.com/evgeni-plush...qLdpNcX9_6wyzXYkXRQNIpgKPr9nQT_v4-VVmfZMLVIWc

That part was interesting:
"Her programs have already been choreographed. Will you change them?"

Evgeni Plushenko: "Sure. Of course, we will change and make ours. What I’ve seen on Instagram from her recent programs is just awful. Alena doesn’t like it, she said it herself."

"Wow. But her coach-choreographer Daniil Gleikhengauz said that Kostornaia enjoys these programs."

Evgeni Plushenko: "Maybe Gleikhengauz would like to see this, but the athlete herself says the opposite."

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
Plush also had something to say: https://fs-gossips.com/evgeni-plush...qLdpNcX9_6wyzXYkXRQNIpgKPr9nQT_v4-VVmfZMLVIWc

Evgeni Plushenko: "Sure. Of course, we will change and make ours. What I’ve seen on Instagram from her recent programs is just awful. Alena doesn’t like it, she said it herself."

"Wow. But her coach-choreographer Daniil Gleikhengauz said that Kostornaia enjoys these programs."

Evgeni Plushenko: "Maybe Gleikhengauz would like to see this, but the athlete herself says the opposite."
But in an recent video (after the award event) she said an opposite perspective. Which is true, or?
OC: On Instagram, your choreographer Daniil Gleikhengauz posted a new program of yours. Can you tell us about it in more detail? Is it Billie Eilish's music?

Kostornaia: Yes, we have a very unusual choice of music, but both me and the coaches like it. We immediately heard it and realised this is what we need. The image I have is the same as (Billie Eilish has) in the video, we tried to repeat it, but didn't completely copy it. It actually suits me very much. I can't say anything concrete yet. The program is new (but) I know for sure that I like it. And probably with every year the programs become more and more interesting.

I understand lots of skating fans didn't like the program as well as Plushenko didn't either. What I'm wondering is that it didn't sound that everything was controlled by her coaches nor she was forced to skate the program which she hated as badly as Plushenko described.

Sylvia

TBD
Plush also had something to say: [fs-gossips translation]
Just wanted to give credit to @TAHbKA for translating the article by Samokhvalov earlier in this thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/kostornaia-leaves-tutberidze.107442/page-4#post-5840298

ETA:
But in an recent video (after the award event) she said an opposite perspective. Which is true, or?
I understand lots of skating fans didn't like the program as well as Plushenko didn't either. What I'm wondering is that it didn't sound that everything was controlled by her coaches nor she was forced to skate the program which she hated as badly as Plushenko described.
It's not unusual for skaters to change their minds about a program after thinking initially the music was a good idea or concept. Remember that Kostornaia hasn't said anything directly about either of her programs since her comments about the Eilish program to the Olympic Channel.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I think whether or not she actually liked the programs at the time, she probably doesn't want to skate to them now with everything that has happened. She probably wants to have a fresh start and new programs that aren't associated with her old training group is a part of that.

hanca

Values her privacy

Maybe. Or maybe at that time she wasn’t sure whether she should bear it or whether she should leave, and that’s why she didn’t dare to speak against the program. Imagine that you get a program that you dislike. What would you do, would you mention it in media, or would you rather approach your coach and try to raise it with your coaches? It can be quite hard to criticise the work of another person from the coaching team! She might have had sense of self-preservation and therefore told her coaches something very mild (e.g. ‘I am not quite sure about the program’ rather than ‘I feel very strongly that I hate it’) and they decided that they won’t get the hint and ignored her view. If Tutberidze’s group has the culture that the coaches rule and skaters are doing what they are told, it can be quite hard to raise that she doesn’t like something they made.

I was never an elite skater, all I did was adult skating, but I remember the ‘discussions’ about music with my past coaches. With one coach, I took everything she suggested, regardless whether I liked it or not, because I thought it is how it is. She chose music for all her students, so I didn’t know why I should be any different. Some of my programs I liked, others not. With the next coach, she gave me first program and I really hated it. It was some violin and my first thought was ‘kill me now!’, but even though I didn’t like it, it was not as bad as the music for compulsory dances so I decided to bear it. This coach was extremely strict and I really, really did not want to annoy her. She was awful! But by then I met more adult skaters and found out that other coaches let their adult skaters choose the music. I decided to be more assertive. But by the time we got to creating new program, I needed to change coaches. My new coach suggested music which I liked, so I got a program she chose. For the next program she suggested music which I didn’t like, and when I told her, she told me to suggest some music. I started bringing music I liked and she declined about 30 pieces of music! I think at that time it was about power game - as I didn’t like what she suggested, she decided not to like anything I suggested! So if something like this happens even at adult level of skating, imagine how high the emotions run when an elite athlete dares to decline the music her coaches chose or even the program her coaches made!

Colonel Green

It’s possible her opinion simply changed, but there really wouldn’t be anything hard to parse about her toeing the party line while she was still being coached by Eteri and co. She would never say she thinks the programs are bad while she was still at Sambo-70.

A couple of months ago we learned that basically everyone who ever worked with the actress Lea Michele hated her, but you wouldn’t find a whiff of that in contemporaneous interviews for her various TV and stage roles.

hanca

Values her privacy
I wouldn’t blame Kostornaya for not telling her coaches that she doesn’t like the program they made. Well, would you tell your mother that you really hate the sweater she spent hours making and gave it to you for your birthday, or would you tell her that you like it, wear it a few times and then find the way to ‘accidentally’ lose it so that you don’t have to wear it anymore? Kostornaya’s problem was that one can ‘accidentally’ lose the sweater, but losing the program is not so easy!

Bellanca

I think whether or not she actually liked the programs at the time, she probably doesn't want to skate to them now with everything that has happened. She probably wants to have a fresh start and new programs that aren't associated with her old training group is a part of that.
I agree. It’s a relief

As a fan, I always try to support a skater regarding their choice of music and a program. Sometimes I can get there quickly; at other times (Kos' Billie Eilish), it is a challenge, and it certainly was going to be different. Still, I figured if Alena liked it and she was comfortable with it, well, then, it worked for me, even if not to my taste or style as a fan. I am all for a fresh start on every level for Alena now that she is with Plushy. Clean slate.

Good luck, Alena!

lala

The fact that Pluschenko dropped his show and went with Serafima to her competition- you mentioned it as if it was an example of him being exceptional. Well, wasn’t it his job, by any chance? Serafima may have arrived unexpectedly, but he was the person who decided to take her on, so this decision comes with certain responsibilities.

If I right remember Ksenia Ivanova(?) was Sima's constant coach. In the first year of the academy Plushenko didn't want to train seriously. Why would he do that? This was his plan he will skate for 3-4 years on shows and then he will be a fulltime coach. Honestly what would you choose to train a non-top skater or earn millions of dollars? If there are little kids on academy only no need to be there every day.
Probably when Sima wanted to join Plushenko academy Plush told her the conditions and that was great when he postponed his shows because of Sima's chance. I read some fans who were outraged because the shows were deleted. That is not joke.
I wanted to say no matter how cute Sima is sometimes she talks too much and she had some weird interviews. But I agree Plush wasn't nice after the switch.

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Given the history with Danil and Billie Eilish video choreography, does this strike anyone else as strange or a very pointed choice of words?

Kostornaia: Yes, we have a very unusual choice of music, but both me and the coaches like it. We immediately heard it and realised this is what we need. The image I have is the same as (Billie Eilish has) in the video, we tried to repeat it, but didn't completely copy it.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
On a serious note, I wouldn't give any credence to published interviews with Eteri skaters when they're talking about anything involving their coaching or skating situations. I have no problem believing that Kostornaia wants to have a short skating career and go to med school, but saying she liked her music and programs is just as believable as Zagitova saying she was only skating for love and beauty after the Olympics (or whatever similar thing she said).

Obviously I can't prove anything and my opinion isn't worth more than anyone else's, but IMO it's always been clear and only becoming clearer that Eteri's rink is a hotbed for all kinds of abusive behavior. The fact that her skaters are frequently young and tiny makes it more disturbing. The fact that people continue to defend her (often denigrating skaters like Kostornaia in the process) makes it more disturbing. And I'd be shocked if more disturbing facts don't come out, although we'll never know the whole story.

hanca

Values her privacy
On a serious note, I wouldn't give any credence to published interviews with Eteri skaters when they're talking about anything involving their coaching or skating situations. I have no problem believing that Kostornaia wants to have a short skating career and go to med school, but saying she liked her music and programs is just as believable as Zagitova saying she was only skating for love and beauty after the Olympics (or whatever similar thing she said).

Obviously I can't prove anything and my opinion isn't worth more than anyone else's, but IMO it's always been clear and only becoming clearer that Eteri's rink is a hotbed for all kinds of abusive behavior. The fact that her skaters are frequently young and tiny makes it more disturbing. The fact that people continue to defend her (often denigrating skaters like Kostornaia in the process) makes it more disturbing. And I'd be shocked if more disturbing facts don't come out, although we'll never know the whole story.
Her skaters are young and tiny? All skaters are young before they get older. So all coaches has at some stage coached younger skaters. About them being ‘tiny’, I can’t see any of her skaters any smaller or slimmer than the majority of elite skaters. They are slim, but so are most skaters. And smaller? Would you blame Miahara’s coach for Miahara’s size? Or did you blame Orser for Tursynbaeva, when he coached her?

DobrinFan

Kogan spoke about the problems of the FFKKR due to the transition of Kostornaya from Tutberidze to Plushenko

According to the functionary, he does not understand what prevented the athlete from announcing her decision during the transfer window.

“Until now, the federation has no documents on the transfer from either Kostornaya or Plushenko, but even when we have these documents and we will consider them, there can be only one solution: Alena will be able to play this season only for her former club - Sambo-70, - said Kogan in an interview with RT.

He also added that the issue of Kostornaya's transfer will be considered at the next executive committee of the FFKKR in September.

“But I can say now that we intend to follow the existing rules: we cannot prohibit the transitions from coach to coach, we cannot oblige an athlete to work with a specific specialist, but since the transfer window is closed, there can be no transitions from one organization to another” - emphasized Kogan.

VGThuy

Her skaters are young and tiny? All skaters are young before they get older. So all coaches has at some stage coached younger skaters. About them being ‘tiny’, I can’t see any of her skaters any smaller or slimmer than the majority of elite skaters. They are slim, but so are most skaters. And smaller? Would you blame Miahara’s coach for Miahara’s size? Or did you blame Orser for Tursynbaeva, when he coached her?

Yeah but it seems she only has skaters that are young and tiny. Once they're no longer young and/or tiny, they don't last long with her, and it's almost always "their" fault.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
No coaching changes can happen after May. Kolyada this summer went to Mishin after May for example.

Why? What happens post-May?

A skater cant leave or make a decision post-May in Russia?

Its too difficult keeping up these days...... lol

AngieNikodinovLove

Just like a telenovela!!!!!!

Impressive!

muffinplus

I wonder why the many young and tiny skaters from other schools aren't having the same results then because of their tiny bodies? I guess it must be because they aren't getting beatings from their coaches like Eteri's students...

DobrinFan

Why? What happens post-May?

A skater cant leave or make a decision post-May in Russia?

Its too difficult keeping up these days...... lol

They can leave whenever. It's just that the RusFed names the national team and funding is given to the schools so if you leave after May, you may be left with no funds, and like Kostornaia, may have to represent your old school until the end of the season. She'll be alright. I'm sure Plushy will find her sponsors to cover her costs.

hanca

Values her privacy
Kogan spoke about the problems of the FFKKR due to the transition of Kostornaya from Tutberidze to Plushenko

According to the functionary, he does not understand what prevented the athlete from announcing her decision during the transfer window.

“Until now, the federation has no documents on the transfer from either Kostornaya or Plushenko, but even when we have these documents and we will consider them, there can be only one solution: Alena will be able to play this season only for her former club - Sambo-70, - said Kogan in an interview with RT.

He also added that the issue of Kostornaya's transfer will be considered at the next executive committee of the FFKKR in September.

“But I can say now that we intend to follow the existing rules: we cannot prohibit the transitions from coach to coach, we cannot oblige an athlete to work with a specific specialist, but since the transfer window is closed, there can be no transitions from one organization to another” - emphasized Kogan.
That’s hilarious. The federation is more scared of Tutberidze than they are of Pluschenko. But it is fair; she should have made her mind up in May like everyone else. She knew the rules. Well, all it means is that she will be skating for Eteri’s club, and Eteri’s club will be getting money for coaching her, even though she will be coached by Pluschenko. I think she got off lightly. Nugumanova and Lozko were much worse off when they tried to switch outside the transition window.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
This almost literally couldn't have less to do with what I posted.

I'm really curious as to what your motivation is for writing (thousands of) posts like this.

But, anyway, I wouldn't blame Hamada or Orser for anything without proof. There are, however, very problematic rumors about Hamada, but that's not what this thread is about.

Cherub721

YEAH!
They can leave whenever. It's just that the RusFed names the national team and funding is given to the schools so if you leave after May, you may be left with no funds, and like Kostornaia, may have to represent your old school until the end of the season. She'll be alright. I'm sure Plushy will find her sponsors to cover her costs.

Someone referenced Angels of Plushenko (is that still the name?) being "private." Does that mean he doesn't get the funding from the government at all? Or he does but he was ok with waiving this year's funding because Kostornaya is worth it?

hanca

Values her privacy
This almost literally couldn't have less to do with what I posted.

I'm really curious as to what your motivation is for writing (thousands of) posts like this.

But, anyway, I wouldn't blame Hamada or Orser for anything without proof. There are, however, very problematic rumors about Hamada, but that's not what this thread is about.
My motivation? My only motivation is that I thought your post is extremely stupid. I don’t defend Tutberidze, but I also don’t think that Pluschenko is any better. I think they are both the same with their destructive behaviour towards students who dare to want to leave.

AngieNikodinovLove

I wonder why it matters, the funding. You’re still out there skating and you’re still the same person just being trained by someone different.

DobrinFan

I wonder why it matters, the funding. You’re still out there skating and you’re still the same person just being trained by someone different.

It matters because I'm sure she doesn't want to pay for programs, costumes, coach, ice, etc all by herself. I already referenced an article in this thread with Popova saying how expensive figure skating is when you have to pay for everything out of pocket. Plushenko has a private school so his fees are even more expensive.

DobrinFan

Someone referenced Angels of Plushenko (is that still the name?) being "private." Does that mean he doesn't get the funding from the government at all? Or he does but he was ok with waiving this year's funding because Kostornaya is worth it?

It's a private school so his fees are higher. I don't think he gets any government assistance other than receiving funds for members of the National Team. But with Kostornaia, funds maybe stuck at her old schools, at least with programs being made, the Fed is not paying for her to get her 2 new programs. So that's an expense on Kostornaia and Plushenko. But I'm sure Plushy will figure it all out and find her a sponsor to cover expenses.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
In Russia, for those named to the national team, payment to the coach and funding comes from the Federation unlike the US when the skater pays the coach directly. And the Federation determines many different aspects relating to a skater. It doesn't sound like they are very happy since she didn't follow the established rules. Trusova did. The Russian system is very different than the US or Canada.

barbarafan

Shouldn't the transfer window be extended due to Covid? All training and contact was supposed to be stopped & if they didn't it was illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information