Kana Muramoto/Daisuke Takahashi Cheer Thread

ostile17

Okay, the biggest takeaway from that clip? Dai’s hair looks so much better than in the exhibition above. I know this very hot and attractive man loves to play with different hair looks, but sometimes they’re ... not good.
Not in the past, but in recent days yes, I totally agree!

ostile17

Reed/Ambrulevicius have been crossed off Skate America.

If it's true, I am sorry for them but at the same time I am excited at the - albeit slim - chance of KanaDai to podium at a GP event for the first time! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Reed/Ambrulevicius have been crossed off Skate America.

If it's true, I am sorry for them but at the same time I am excited at the - albeit slim - chance of KanaDai to podium at a GP event for the first time! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
More than a small chance, IMO. They beat Lauriault/Le Gac and Soucisse/Firus at 4CCs last January. Demougeot/Le Mercier are France's #2, McNamara/Spiridonov are pretty far down the SB list behind KanaDai, same with JvR/Steffan and Holubstova/Bielobrov.

ostile17

From KanaDai_team_official Instagram

22/23 New Free Dance

[Song Title]
Phantom of the Opera

[Choreographer]
Marina Zoueva, Ilia Tkachenko. Kenta Kojiri

The guys have their comments posted on their official websites.

Daisuke:
I will be skating The Phantom of the Opera for the first time since the 06-07 season, 15 years ago, LOL. I didn't think back then that I would skate it in competition as an ice dancer. I have always wanted to skate this piece again someday, so I wonder what's the meaning in skating it again in this way! I'll do my best to present the completed program to you all so that I can make it mean something! Please Look forward to it!

Kana:
This season's free dance is Phantom of the Opera! It's been 15 years since Takahashi's single days of the Phantom of the Opera. It's like a dream to be able to skate the story of the Phantom of the Opera together as an ice dancer.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Phantom and Christine's world view of the opera will be completed!

We will do our best to make it a wonderful program, so please continue to support us this season!

Source

ostile17

I'm really worried that KanaDai have not entered any CS or international comps before SkAm.
They should have competed more this season, that's what Marina promised during the summer.

I don't know if it's up to them or JSF but.... debuting the new programs at SkAm without any feedback seems such a bad idea!

Hopefully, as usual, I am wrong!

kittyjake5

I'm really worried that KanaDai have not entered any CS or international comps before SkAm.
They should have competed more this season, that's what Marina promised during the summer.

I don't know if it's up to them or JSF but.... debuting the new programs at SkAm without any feedback seems such a bad idea!

Hopefully, as usual, I am wrong!
Could be that their FD was not quite ready and they needed more practice time given that SA is fast approaching.

Sylvia

TBD
Tweeted by Europe on Ice today - "An interview with ice dance coach Marina Zoueva by Hiro Yoshida is now online. Focusing on her work with Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi, the interview also touches on her collaborations with other legendary skaters."
(A version of this article was published in Japanese in Volume 27 of Figure Skate Life magazine.)

ostile17

Sending positive thoughts and prayers in KanaDai's direction as they evacuate ahead of Hurricane Ian -

Indeed!

Hopefully their training won't be disrupted for too long, but I'm afraid they will not be able to train before next week. Their training facility is currently closed and serving as a hurricane shelter until Thursday. There's never a good moment for something like this to happen, but for them this is the worst moment, with only a little over two weeks left to train before SkAm.

Ganbatte!!!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Indeed!

Hopefully their training won't be disrupted for too long, but I'm afraid they will not be able to train before next week. Their training facility is currently closed and serving as a hurricane shelter until Thursday. There's never a good moment for something like this to happen, but for them this is the worst moment, with only a little over two weeks left to train before SkAm.

Ganbatte!!!
Yes, they're not the only ones training there - the Filipino pairs team of Isabella Gamez & Alexander Korovin are based in Estero and scheduled to compete at Finlandia next week. Plus, Helena Carhart & Volodymyr Horovyi, who are competing this week and next week at the Gdansk JGP events also train in Estero.

ostile17

Yes, they're not the only ones training there - the Filipino pairs team of Isabella Gamez & Alexander Korovin are based in Estero and scheduled to compete at Finlandia next week. Plus, Helena Carhart & Volodymyr Horovyi, who are competing this week and next week at the Gdansk JGP events also train in Estero.
Yes, true!
A few hours ago Isabella has posted in an Instagram story that she is in Fort Meyers. I wonder if they are there all together.

ostile17

A update on KanaDai's status after the hurricane in Florida has been posted in a comment to their IG post

Translation below
⬇️

"We have received many concerns about the hurricane in Florida, but please be assured that Muramoto and Takahashi have been evacuated to an undamaged area and are continuing to practice at the evacuation site for the GP America.
We would like to ask for your continued support."

Kanadai_team_official IG post was to announce a new program which will stream online in 2 parts on October 12th and 15th; "Behind the scene of the New Choreography"

Viewing tickets go on sale tomorrow

ostile17

It seems like most of Zoueva's students are with her training at Palm Beach Ice Works

An update from Kana

"Just wanted to update! My first time experiencing evacuation and hurricane... Devastating to se what happened... But WE ARE SAFE, TEAM IS SAFE and we are trying our best to stay positive https://instagram.com/stories/k.a.n.a.m.u.r.a/2939520049922110948/

And Raffaella Koncius IG update

Although according to their many IGS, Kana and Dai are enjoying the week-end in NYC where they went to see The Phantom of The Opera yesterday, and today are just relaxing and enjoying a NYC brunch!

https://instagram.com/stories/k.a.n.a.m.u.r.a

Last edited:

ostile17

Kana and Dai have been assigned to CS Denis Ten Memorial Challenge 2022, Oct. 26-29 in Almaty (KAZ).

This is straight after Skate America so, like last year with the CS Warsaw Cup straight after the NHK Trophy, they will have a very tight schedule and a lot of travelling to do. I am sure Dai will be very happy and prous to be able to participate in the Denis Ten Memorial, given his close friendship with Denis :cry:. Hopefully he will be watching over the competition and Kana and Dai

Let's hope they can stay healthy and in good spirit, and that everything will work out smoothly and they can skate at their best at both events!

Other training mates will be travelling with them to the competition with Zoueva

No. Name Nation
1 Viktoriia AZROIAN / Artur GRUZDEV ARM 1
2 Adrienne CARHART / Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKYI AZE 2
3 Lara LUFT / Maximilian PFISTERER GER 3
4 Lucy HANCOCK / Ilias FOURATI HUN 4
5 Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKO HUN 4
6 Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY ISR 5
7 Elizabeth TKACHENKO / Alexei KILIAKOV ISR 5
8 Kana MURAMOTO / Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 6
9 Gaukhar NAURYZOVA / Boyisangur DATIEV KAZ 7
10 Zoe LARSON / Andrii KAPRAN UKR 8

ostile17

Probably not the result they were hoping for at Skate America, where they finished in 6th place after a couple of rough skates. Kana fell and injured her shoulder 2 weeks ago and couldn't lift her arm properly, hence the taping on her arm and shoulder.

Nonetheless, always a pleasure to watch what they bring to the ice in terms of charisma and expressiveness.

Their POTO is the best POTO I have seen in ice dance so far. The opening ChSt is a breathtaking.

Conga

POTO

EX - Love Goes

Next stop Almaty, for the CS Denis Ten Memorial, which starts tomorrow Oct. 26-28

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information