Daisuke Takahashi's ICE EXPLOSION 2023 - Jan 6-8, Shin-Yokohama & May 12-14 in Fukuoka

ostile17

www.ice-explosion.com

アイスエクスプロージョン2023

ICE EXPLOSION 2023(アイスエクスプロージョン2023) 公式WEBサイト。
www.ice-explosion.com

January 6-8 in Shin-Yokohama

Two performances daily

Cast: Daisuke TAKAHASHI & Kana MURAMOTO (Daisuke will also perform solo)
  • Shizuka Arakawa
  • Kanako Murakami
  • Rika Hongo
  • Satoko Miyahara
  • Kazuki Tomono
  • Sena Miyake
  • Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje
  • Massimo Scali
  • Jason Brown
  • Yura Min
  • Yuka Orihara & Juho Pirinen
  • Adrienne Carhart & Oleksandr Kolosovskyi,
  • Yoshio Miura,
  • Nao Kida & Masaya Morita (Jr. Ice Dancers)
  • Hiro Kobayashi (PIW)
  • Kohei Yoshino, (PIW)
  • Marie Ogawa, (PIW)
  • Kiki Nakanishi (PIW) and more...
So nice of Daisuke to promote and help so many young ice dancers and even training mates!

Official instagram https://instagram.com/ice_explosion_official_account with messages from KanaDai and cast members

On My Own

Tomono??? Huh, did he already decide he wasn't going to medal at Nationals? 4CCs is so close to this show.

Nice cast though.

Sylvia

TBD
Jason's excited to be going back to Japan :): https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/1609872655674658818

Rehearsals are underway (per latest Instagram story clips): https://www.instagram.com/ice_explosion_official_account/

ETA:
Tomono??? Huh, did he already decide he wasn't going to medal at Nationals? 4CCs is so close to this show.
Wrong month. ;) In any case, Kazuki Tomono has since been named to the 2023 World, not 4CC, team.

ETA #2: "Yoshio Miura" = Kao Miura (assigned to both 4CC & Junior Worlds).

Last edited:

ostile17

ostile17

📺 A first TV broadcast (highlights) has been scheduled to be broadcast on January 9 (Mon/Holiday) from 10:05 to 11:00 AM on TV Tokyo 6 affiliated stations.

ostile17

ICE EXPLOSION 2023 Official IG

Last minute addition to the cast: Michal Brezina

Sylvia

TBD

YukiNieve

All my friends who went to see Ice Explosion were really raving about the uniqueness and creativity of the show.

My friends were particularly impressed by the 2nd part during which skaters who had just performed interacted with skaters who perform next as they exit - it truly created a breathtakingly seamless presentation. The show used lots of upbeat and danceable music from beginning to end. Parings such as Jason/Daisuke (as Jason RTed the pic below) and Kaitlyn Weaver/Adrienne Carhart showed exquisite performance, demonstrating that parings can be man/man, woman/woman, or any other combinations.

The show will be aired entirely on 3/19 on TV. (Some programs were shown yesterday). Hope that we can get to see the entire show!

Last edited:

YukiNieve

The clips of some of the programs. While they last.
My friends told me you really need to see them in their entirety to feel the seamless presentation from one program to another. But these clips are still beautiful on their own.

-Daisuke's solo performance (1st time in 3 years) Krone (his 2017 exhibition program)
Daisuke jumps while putting on ice dance skate (the blades are different).

-Jason/Daisuke a group number (choreographed by Massimo Scali) What a Wonderful World

-Kana/Daisuke (choreographed by Massimo Scali) Love Goes

-
Shizuka Arakawa/Kaitlyn Weaver/Adrienne Carhart (choreographed by Kaitlyn weaver) You Are A Memory
A very, very impressive program.

-Kazuki Tomono (choreographed by Misao Sato) What's May Name

ostile17

📺 ICE EXPLOSION 2023 Group 4 Daisuke TAKAHASHI/ Jason BROWN and more.

Choreo by Massimo Scali

📺 TV Tokyo Introduction and Interview with Takahashi by Narumi Takahashi

YukiNieve

Kaitlyn posted the video of Unholy, a group number at the end of 1st part.
Really cool!
She can be a great choreographer like Shae-Lynn.:love:

ostile17

Kaitlyn posted the video of Unholy, a group number at the end of 1st part.
Really cool!
She can be a great choreographer like Shae-Lynn.:love:

This is so good!

Sylvia

TBD
More dates of ICE EXPLOSION 2023

May 12-14 in Fukuoka

Bumping this thread back up to use for Daisuke Takahashi's second Ice Explosion show (ETA - thanks to @miffy for updating the thread title) and copying over the relevant posts from the Spring/Summer shows in Japan thread - on March 8:
Ice Explosion (IE) announced more skaters:
Kazuki Tomono
Sena Miyake
Rinka Watanabe
Massimo Scali
Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje
Yura Min
Yuka Orihara &Juho Pirinen
Adrienne Carhart & Oleksandr Kolosovskyi
David Shapiro :eek:
Michal Brezina

From the final page of this April 30th article: https://gendai.media/articles/-/109797?page=5
Machine translation:
It is said that the performers for the Fukuoka performance will be almost the same as those for the Yokohama performance, but due to reasons such as the North American performance of "Stars on Ice," there will be changes to the performers. Newly appearing are Rinka Watanabe and Shun Sato, who was with "Kanadai" in the national competition. And when his name came out, everyone in Skeota(?) made a noise, saying, "Who is this?" Mr. David Shapiro from the United States.

Actually, this skater Takahashi found it on SNS and was fascinated by it.
“Dai-chan found him on YouTube and asked, ‘Who is this kid?’ He said that he was perfect for the ‘fascinating skater’ that Dai-chan thought of, and that he definitely wanted to invite him to the show.” (Muramoto)

“It happened to appear on YouTube, and when I watched it, it was a very artistic slide. I didn't approach him because I thought he was going to the U.S. Championships. I was very surprised when he asked me this time. However, "I am very happy that Daisuke, who is in a distant country, found me and invited me to the show." I haven't seen the live performance yet, so I'm really looking forward to it. I think that the Fukuoka performance will be a show that can be enjoyed by both those who watch skating a lot and those who don't usually watch it, so please come by. (Mr. Takahashi)

April 12 in the U.S. Men's thread:
David Shapiro skated to Moonlight Sonata at SCW Galaxy on Ice, where Johnny Weir did his final US performance. My friend shared her video with me. David's flexibility and gorgeous line have not changed!😍

Most recent additions on April 21: Kanako Murakami, Rika Hongo, Shizuka Arakawa.

Last edited:

ostile17

An article and a long video interview with Daisuke

Sports Otto!

[Must-watch video] The first ice show directed by "Entertainer" Daisuke Takahashi pursuing a profound worldview [Interview]

YukiNieve

Skating programs and the skating order is announced.

David will skate with Daisuke; the role Jason did in January show. :love:

Those that say "OK" are the programs that fans can film with their smartphones (not with digital cameras/camcorders), so hopefully we can see the clips!

Last edited:

YukiNieve

Some pictures from the final rehearsal (click the arrows at the bottom side of each picture):

ETA
The same photographer also put the photo of David and Daisuke on his IG account:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsIRzQGpyeC/?igshid=ZWQyN2ExYTkwZQ==

A short news clip:

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Skating programs and the skating order is announced.
The link to yesterday's skating order post has since been removed and the Ice Explosion official account has re-posted a corrected version of the show's skating order/groups: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsIZKyHJnsM/

Adrienne Carhart's UKR-born partner for AZE, Oleksandr Kolosovskiy, is crossed out in the order (unable to travel to Japan?).
Those that say "OK" are the programs that fans can film with their smartphones (not with digital cameras/camcorders), so hopefully we can see the clips!
The official IE account has shared 2 fan clips from the first show in their IG stories so far. The women in the cast (Yura Min, Yuka Orihara, Kana M., Kaitlyn W., Adrienne C.) are posting many IG stories. :)

ETA:

This attendee has tweeted 3 clips from the show: https://twitter.com/tenlit0453key/status/1657003876447563778

Clip from the opening group number: https://twitter.com/_grantchester/status/1656904896858456064

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information