Kana Muramoto/Daisuke Takahashi Cheer Thread

ostile17

I think they deserve their own thread. Wishing Kana/Dai good luck at their first
competition together as Ice Dancers at the NHK Trophy! :cheer2: :cheer2:
I didn't want to start one before NHK Trophy for fear of jinxing them but now that it got started...

A better quality of the same video which I also posted in the "Japanese News" thread

News Watch 9 NHK

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Daisuke Takahashi "I really respect ice dancers" Questions and Answers [after RD]:

Machine translation:

Kana Muramoto (Kana = 27) and Daisuke Takahashi (34 = Kansai University KFSC), who will form a couple from this season, scored 64.15 points. Debuted at the competition and performed RD "Mask". With the fin step and other factors that are the challenges of this season, 50% of the capacity was wrapped up in the applause of the fans. After the performance, he smiled.

After the match, the questions and answers of the official press conference that followed the joint interview are as follows.

-A tournament greeted by C*rona. The hardship so far

Muramoto: I'm happy that the NHK Trophy was held in a difficult situation all over the world. I'm glad that we were able to make our debut in front of our customers. It was difficult to practice remotely with my teacher (in the US), but I am happy that I was able to perform with satisfaction.

While the Takahashi Grand Prix (GP) series has been canceled or has no spectators, it is an honor to be held and debut in front of customers. There were a lot of things that didn't go well with C*rona, but it's still not 100%, but I think it's a good start.

-What are the good points of each other?

Muramoto: I'm still searching for goodness. I haven't found anything like this, so I think it's about to come. Among them, Dai-chan has various experiences (single, the best in the world, etc.), and I have also experienced ice dancing. If it is combined.

Takahashi It's been less than a year since we formed, and I think we're still at the stage of discovering our goodness. (Muramoto) Yanaka-chan is attractive for her gorgeousness. Don't lose me either. I'm a couple, but if I can have a good chemical reaction because I'm a rival.

-The difficult part of turning from a single

Takahashi It's all (laughs). Sliding together, except from scratch. I think it's really hard. Ice dance that I had been watching without thinking about anything. I really respect the ice dancers right now.

-Towards free dance

Muramoto: Before I entered this match, I didn't care about the score or ranking, I just thought that we would do what we did. Same tomorrow. I want to be able to perform with satisfaction with a program that incorporates elements of classical ballet that are different from rhythm dance.

Takahashi: It was my first time to know what kind of score and evaluation I had, so I didn't know. Today without really thinking about points and scores. I wonder if such a place will start from the next game.

-To Muramoto. What is Takahashi's performance today?

Muramoto 100 points. It's been a little over half a year for the first time in February, but I skated from start to finish without any big mistakes. Isn't it okay with 100 points? ??

-To Takahashi. I think I was nervous because of the high degree of attention. Enthusiasm for tomorrow

Takahashi: It was completely different from the singles from the practice, and I was confused and nervous, but I'm glad that Kana-chan always said "let's do what I came to" and "calm down" next to me. I made some mistakes today, but I want to be calm like today and do what I can do now without wanting too much height.

vgerdes

Watched both of their programs from NHK Trophy today on Peacock (signed up for the 7-day trial on premium) ... I was very impressed. He made it look easy, even with his unfortunate slip and fall in the FD. They could be serious contenders if they improve their lifts a bit.

Sylvia

TBD
"I'm not setting an age limit. I'll keep going as long as I can," he [Takahashi] said after delighting fans with a display of his ice dance skills alongside Muramoto, who he began working with earlier this year.

easilydistracte

Geezette
Found these on YT:

Rhythm Dance
Free Dance

I've been intrigued by the idea of this team ever since their partnership was announced. Really enjoyed both programs and am impressed by their versatility. They've made a good start, I think. I'm really looking forward to watching their progress. Great potential.

Loved the Free Dance. Refreshing to see a pas de deux on the ice. Beautiful presentation and they have a lovely refined quality and lightness to their skating. The stumble and hands down on the twizzles was unfortunate, but it didn't seem overly disruptive to the program as a whole and he recovered almost immediately. Good job, Kana & Dai!

vgerdes

I've been intrigued by the idea of this team ever since their partnership was announced. Really enjoyed both programs and am impressed by their versatility. They've made a good start, I think. I'm really looking forward to watching their progress. Great potential.

Loved the Free Dance. Refreshing to see a pas de deux on the ice. Beautiful presentation and they have a lovely refined quality and lightness to their skating. The stumble and hands down on the twizzles was unfortunate, but it didn't seem overly disruptive to the program as a whole and he recovered almost immediately. Good job, Kana & Dai!

I agree with all of this. They have a LOT of potential, and I'm extremely intrigued by them as a couple. Kana is a lovely skater and they have good chemistry.

Plus, the idea of someone making a successful transition to a completely new discipline, after a distinguished career in singles, is fascinating to me. As the announcers made a point of saying more than once this weekend, it's not something Daisuke is doing as a gimmick, to extend his time in the spotlight. He's quite serious about making the Olympic team, and willing to put in the work to do it.

That fall was something that could happen (and has) with even the most experienced couples, and yes, he seemed to recover and get back in the flow quite quickly. I enjoyed their performances very much.

ostile17

According to this article, they plan to enter the Challenge Cup in Den Hague, Holland, on February 25 - 28, to earn the minimum score, with an eye to the Stockholm Worlds, if they get selected at Nationals in December. Of course they realize that everything is uncertain under the current situation, but if the Challenge Cup remains confirmed, they will definitely enter. They are prepared to devote themselves to win the decisive battle coming in a month. They both realize it will be very hard, but their ultimate goal is the 2022 Beijing Olympics.

Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi are looking to make their overseas debut at the beginning of the year

MorganaLefay

I am awed by Dai's dedication to the sport and learning a whole new skating discipline at his age. The way he does stuff is sort of interesting to watch, but great progress morphing into an ice dancer and his edges are deep even if transitions and partnering are a bit awkward. I adore La Bayadere, Marina is at her best in this one, even their lifts are so musical. I wonder how something like this would look on a more traditional couple, like S/K, of course they have blown their chance at this sublime program:). Special respect for Kana, she is just as fab as Dai!

alj5

I really enjoyed their programs, particularly the free dance. I was pleasantly surprised at how solid the spins and lifts were given Dai being new to dance and that they've had limited time to train. Kana really shines in the free dance. I'm not sure if she is actually an improved dancer or if it's her confidence, but I watched Chris more than Kana when they skated together.

Ena Grins

I really enjoyed their programs, particularly the free dance. I was pleasantly surprised at how solid the spins and lifts were given Dai being new to dance and that they've had limited time to train. Kana really shines in the free dance. I'm not sure if she is actually an improved dancer or if it's her confidence, but I watched Chris more than Kana when they skated together.
Interesting! Despite Chris being the more experience ice dancer, I thought Kana was a star in that pair. I always found her very musical and emotive on the ice. I'm excited to see how she and Daisuke continue to gel. And if they can get those levels up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information