Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

becca

I don't think BP owes Meghan and Harry any money. But they did owe them decency and respect, which they clearly didn't get. And the latter is far more important.
I don’t think we know all that goes on. I wouldn’t call their manifesto respectful.

And I don’t think an interview complaining about things is.

I don’t think Charles owes it to Harry to fund his lifestyle. Many in the British public didn’t like the idea of the Duchy funding them.

I would hope they get a good inheritance when Charles passes.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I don’t think we know all that goes on. I wouldn’t call their manifesto respectful.

And I don’t think an interview complaining about things is.

I don’t think Charles owes it to Harry to fund his lifestyle. Many in the British public didn’t like the idea of the Duchy funding them.

I would hope they get a good inheritance when Charles passes.
I would imagine they'll get a decent inheritance when the Queen and/or Philip pass on but if this rift with Charles is as deep as Harry has apparently implied, then I'm betting he won't see a penny from dear old dad ever again.

canbelto

But really, is it any surprise that Charles is not that nice?

I read a royal biography of him which tried its hardest to be respectful, but the biography heavily implies that he's a difficult, fussy, high maintenance person.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I agree, maybe Meghan should have continued to act after she moved to the UK or even after the wedding instead of jumping full throttle into royal duties.

With all the security restrictions she had once she was Harry's girlfriend/fiancee/wife, I think it would have been very difficult for her to continue as an actress. It wouldn't be that easy to keep her safe on a film set or in a live theatre, and because of that, honestly, most producers would probably decide to cast someone whose schedule and availability was more flexible.

becca

But really, is it any surprise that Charles is not that nice?

I read a royal biography of him which tried its hardest to be respectful, but the biography heavily implies that he's a difficult, fussy, high maintenance person.
Lol however Harry is 36 and inherited millions. My Dads not funding my lifestyle

Karen-W

My parents don't "fund' my lifestyle but if I needed help they'd definitely help. There's a difference between that and not picking uo the phone (Charles).
Sure, my parents have helped me out over the years when I've been short on cash between paydays, but... I also don't think I need to live in a mansion in Montecito and have security officers. And I don't wear designer clothes - though I do love a good designer purse and am not afraid to lay down a few hundred dollars for a nice one which I then use solely until it needs replacing because, well, you know, I'm a spendthrift. And I run my cars and computers into the ground before I buy a new one. All of this is because my parents actually taught me the value of money and hard work to pay for my lifestyle. heads to the fridge for some mint chocolate chip ice cream - that's what really matters

skategal

Bunny mama
So, how can Canada break up with the Monarchy? Charles’ face better never get on our money.
A Prime Minister will be brave enough one day to do this.

Apparently Chrétien thought about it but got too bogged down in Quebec separatism to give it a go.

My take on the interview:

The Queen is wonderful.

Charles is an a-hole.

William is conflicted but will come around.

Kate is a good person

There is no support for Royal spouses in the BRF.

None of this is especially new information.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Well that supported my belief that the royal family should cease to exist after the Queen dies. What an awful experience for Meghan to go through, mental health is so important Im glad she escaped. I grew up in that class system, I have no issue with the Queen but the standard of privilege in that family is sickening. Stinks of racism too. To refuse to provide security for his own son who didnt ask to be born a Prince isnt fair, Charles lives up to his reputation. Likely the one who was concerned about how dark his grandson would be.

El Rey

Yeah but why would they even be worried about skin color? Neither Harry or Meghan are dark-skinned.
Not that it’s right to think about it, but mixed people can have a baby that doesn’t resemble their own skin color. I know, I’m Mexican. All different shades and features in almost everyone’s family I grew up with. I would assume since she’s half black the likelihood her child would be a darker skin color is greater.

becca

I mean I think two things can be true. I think Charles is within his rights not to fund Harry. I also think it's believable that he is that the world's greatest dad.
Well yeah. I mean the whole Camilla thing lol.

becca

Well that supported my belief that the royal family should cease to exist after the Queen dies. What an awful experience for Meghan to go through, mental health is so important Im glad she escaped. I grew up in that class system, I have no issue with the Queen but the standard of privilege in that family is sickening. Stinks of racism too. To refuse to provide security for his own son who didnt ask to be born a Prince isnt fair, Charles lives up to his reputation. Likely the one who was concerned about how dark his grandson would be.
Beatrice and Eugene don’t get security. They are Princesses.

And there was lots of talk and angst in Britain about how much paying for security in a foreign country. The skyrocketed costs.

Harry and Meghan chose to leave Britain and chose to go to LA too. No Harry did not chose to be a prince but he did chose to leave the country and leave the role. And their choices would leave to skyrocketing costs.
There is more than a bit of entitlement there on Harry and Meghan’s part. I thought the manifesto reeked of it.

becca

I also am not shocked that the Camila thing probably caused a huge amount of resentment within Harry and shit is still playing out decades later.
I got to say though I hear she is the favorite of the press because she is a lot of fun and jokey.

I also think she probably always was the best match for Charles over Diana.

But man. It had to have been hard for all of their kids

(Camilla’s kids to. I read an article where Camilla’s daughter use to fight out with William. She blamed Charles for not leaving her mother alone and destroying her family.)

The woman normally is the one who gets blamed.

Barbara Manatee

It's appalling and inexcusable that someone discouraged Meghan from getting the medical treatment she wanted. That very much should be talked about loudly and publicly because it could help others find the empathy and help they need.

As far as the family rift - there's no doubt in my mind that Charles is difficult, fussy, and high-maintenance. I'm also confident that Harry is a spoiled, impulsive man-child. I wouldn't take either of their phone calls.

Karen-W

It's appalling and inexcusable that someone discouraged Meghan from getting the medical treatment she wanted. That very much should be talked about loudly and publicly because it could help others find the empathy and help they need.

As far as the family rift - there's no doubt in my mind that Charles is difficult, fussy, and high-maintenance. I'm also confident that Harry is a spoiled, impulsive man-child. I wouldn't take either of their phone calls.
I haven't watched the interview yet (currently recording and I'll watch when it's over so that I can FFW through the commercials) but it sounds, from what I've read on other forums, that Meghan was being very careful with her words in answering this question. I have a difficult time believing that the royal family or anyone in the Firm would have prevented her from seeking medical treatment. There are some theories I've read about this particular question that make more sense than just "they wouldn't let me get help!"

4rkidz

Beatrice and Eugene don’t get security. They are Princesses.

And there was lots of talk and angst in Britain about how much paying for security in a foreign country. The skyrocketed costs.

Harry and Meghan chose to leave Britain and chose to go to LA too. No Harry did not chose to be a prince but he did chose to leave the country and leave the role. And their choices would leave to skyrocketing costs.
There is more than a bit of entitlement there on Harry and Meghan’s part. I thought the manifesto reeked of it.
Beatrice and Eugenie are deemed low risk, Harry is deemed high risk (by legal authorities) and is higher up on the royal line. Harry didnt choose to leave Canada/commonwealth he had no choice as Charles stopped his security. Meghan is the only one far removed from the white privileged entitled lifestyle, glad she was to show Harry the light so to speak.

skatfan

Wow that an interview! A lot on there to unpack. It sounds like the BRF is as dysfunctional as we thought - the family welcomes Meghan but they can’t talk to family members about how to help M when she’s suicidal? That the palace doesn’t understand the unique risks faced by the first mixed race child in the BRF? That Harry and Meghan are left stripped of security despite death threats and the like without a transition period?

I know there are at least two sides to family things but these seem pretty clear and enough for me to be glad they are out.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don’t agree with airing family issues in the press. It’s not necessary. You say you want privacy well part of privacy is not dumping on your family in the press. It’s wrong.

So @becca since you think they shouldn't have given an interview, does that mean you refused to watch it? Your responses here make it seem like you did watch it.

If Harry is giving us a different context for the "skin tone" conversation than the one Meghan presented earlier in the interview, shouldn't that call into question everything else she has stated, how she is framing her responses to the interviewer?
No, why should it? She remembered something differently or her answer made it seem different than she intended. How does that make her a lying liar who lies and nothing she says is the truth?

canbelto

Also, people are acting like Harry and Meghan upset the perfectly functional royal family. That's just not true. This family has been dysfunctional forever, and it's played out in the press, in books, in films, in TV shows.

4rkidz

I haven't watched the interview yet (currently recording and I'll watch when it's over so that I can FFW through the commercials) but it sounds, from what I've read on other forums, that Meghan was being very careful with her words in answering this question. I have a difficult time believing that the royal family or anyone in the Firm would have prevented her from seeking medical treatment. There are some theories I've read about this particular question that make more sense than just "they wouldn't let me get help!"
Why are you commenting on something you have not seen? Thats like those that comment on someones skate but have not actually watched it lol. Harry shared that the family dont deal or discuss mental health. Perfectly logical that they would not openly talk about this, or allow her to get help. Lets not forget the Queens cousins locked away in a mental hospital because of concerns of the headlines according to the Queen mother. All about keeping up appearances, which if you followed the saga of Princess Diana you would understand. Eating disorders rampant as well in that family.

Karen-W

No, why should it? She remembered something differently or her answer made it seem different than she intended. How does that make her a lying liar who lies and nothing she says is the truth?
I didn't say that it makes her a lying liar who lies. I said that it calls what she is saying into question and how she is framing the narrative she is presenting for us to digest. If Harry says "this is when that conversation happened" and Meghan is saying "oh, this was happening at this time" and those times are not the same... Well, who is telling the truth? Can't be both of them. And, if she is caught in a questionable narrative in this one example, doesn't it stand to reason that there are other questionable narratives she has presented?

canbelto

Why are you commenting on something you have not seen? Thats like those that comment on someones skate but have not actually watched it lol. Harry shared that the family dont deal or discuss mental health. Perfectly logical that they would not openly talk about this, or allow her to get help. Lets not forget the Queens cousins locked away in a mental hospital because of concerns of the headlines according to the Queen mother. All about keeping up appearances, which if you followed the saga of Princess Diana you would understand. Eating disorders rampant as well in that family.

This is FSU. Commenting on skating competitions one hasn't actually seen is a tradition lol.

canbelto

I didn't say that it makes her a lying liar who lies. I said that it calls what she is saying into question and how she is framing the narrative she is presenting for us to digest. If Harry says "this is when that conversation happened" and Meghan is saying "oh, this was happening at this time" and those times are not the same... Well, who is telling the truth? Can't be both of them. And, if she is caught in a questionable narrative in this one example, doesn't it stand to reason that there are other questionable narratives she has presented?

Could be that as a white person Harry saw the convo from a different lens than Meghan. Very often white people are not aware that their comments, questions, and jokes are deeply offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information