Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyjake5

Poor Meghan can’t catch a break. Tabloids and social media are having a field day with her connection to Mulroney.

mella

Poor Meghan can’t catch a break. Tabloids and social media are having a field day with her connection to Mulroney.

If she remains a steadfast friend she'll be criticised. If she distances herself she'll be accused of ditching someone because they weren't useful to her anymore (or whatever the terminology is that people use to minimise her father's/paternal family's role in the breakdown of relations).

The story is nothing to do with Megan and the linked article makes only two references to her (irrelevant references but fairly low key). But in the tabloids hands this will all be Megan's fault by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The story is nothing to do with Megan and the linked article makes only two references to her (irrelevant references but fairly low key).
And WAY down in the article. For those of us who don't care about any of the people the article is about, most will have stopped reading by then. :D

Vagabond

Re the story that H&M met with BLM leaders: H&M are a high profile couple, but it's kind of delusional to think they have "clout". They have a media presence, but IMO it's questionable how much influence they have with legislators and decision-makers.
I think a member of the British Royal Family would have extraordinarily little influence of American legislators. Things just haven't been the same since that incident with Harry's great-great-great-great-great-grandfather. ;)

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Re the story that H&M met with BLM leaders: H&M are a high profile couple, but it's kind of delusional to think they have "clout". They have a media presence, but IMO it's questionable how much influence they have with legislators and decision-makers.

I don't know. Trump listens to Kim Kardasian so maybe H&M DO have clout.

Tesla

Whippet Good
I think it’s just a way for people to know who she is. From @Jenny's post, I thought the article was about Meghan, until I read other posts then looked at the article. I have no idea who Jessica Mulroney is other than as Meghan's friend. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Vagabond

She's Brian's daughter daughter-in-law too. :shuffle:

(Thanks for the correction, Parsley Sage!)

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Even in Canada where Jessica is supposedly this media superstar, before H&M's wedding, the main thing most people would have recognized her for is her surname. And then they would wonder if she was related to Brian (former prime minister) or to Ben (from TV gossip/reality shows).

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Honestly, I’m not a fan of Meghan, but I feel bad for her getting her name dragged in the tabloids over Jessica. She wasn’t involved at all, and people don’t know who Jessica is. FYI, think Canadian Kardashian-wanna-be. She married into a well known family (FIL used to be prime minister of Canada and husband is a TV personality). I can’t stand Jessica myself even before all of this happened. She totally gives off that mean girl vibe and it finally bit her in her flat ass

starrynight

I think a member of the British Royal Family would have extraordinarily little influence of American legislators. Things just haven't been the same since that incident with Harry's great-great-great-great-great-grandfather. ;)

As a British Royal, I think USA politics would be an area where angels would fear to tread.

And honestly, Harry has probably got a bunch of skeletons in his closet that he wouldn't want coming out if he got in the thick of politics and the knives came out. That Nazi outfit from Rommel's Africa Corps was worn at a 'Colonial' themed fancy dress party put on by a bunch of English aristocrats for goodness sake (talk about a perfect storm lol). That would be 100% enough to get him cancelled for a very long time if people on social networks wanted to dig that out again. Statues of Queen Victoria and Churchill are being vandalised due to concerns of colonialism, so it's probably a sensitive issue. Obviously, it was a mistake, he's grown a lot since then and it was a long time ago but that's not how social networks operate.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Well, I had completely lost the thread to the point where I wasn't sure if "she" was Meghan or whosit (already forgot her name) or someone else I wasn't remembering. Let alone all the other names. :D

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I read an article in a UK magazine saying that, because of common ownership and content-sharing agreements, H&M's refusal to talk to the UK tabloids is basically meaningless. Most of the newspapers they will talk to are owned by the same media conglomerates as the newspapers they won't talk to, and nearly all of them share stories with each other. So if they're interviewed or quoted for a story by an approved newspaper, it's very likely to end up being reprinted in one of their un-approved papers.

The only major national daily that they will talk to and that isn't connected to a banned tabloid is the Daily Star, which is making a big deal about it:

Vagabond

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s trademark application for their non-profit company has been rejected because they did not sign the paperwork and failed to pay the fee, according to a report.

:wall:

He may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but do they really expect everything to be served up on a plate?

aftershocks

Banned Member
Hmmm, the tabs have to have something going about M&H 24/7, no matter what. A lot of this stuff is either made up or twisted. And, it must always be about negativity or slights, dismissals, putdowns. I'm glad that Liza Minnelli slapped back The Sun for their fabricated story that she was 'mentoring' M&H, when she's never even met them.

The Sussexes are a hot topic, and a 'power' couple of the moment. But they aren't interested in all of that particular hullabaloo of over-fascinated and abusive interest. Sure, they would like to be noticed and written about fairly and for the right reasons. But that's not the aim of the British media, or more accurately media in England. The Irish Times has apparently written fair commentary about M&H. But mainly, the tabloids in England are fixated on continually finding fodder, preferably fictional and negative, to bandy about for the clicks and the dollar signs that anything about M&H seems to generate. There are specific legal reasons why the Sussexes are refusing to engage with the four newspaper outlets they cited. They are making a courageous stand, and not just for themselves. But alas, those who can't see this, simply can't see it.

I hope the Sussexes continue to surround themselves with advisers and business-related staff who demonstrate expertise and loyalty. Navigating this particular hot spotlight with the British media and the British monarchy trying to blatantly and slyly tear them down and gaslight them is quite concerning and very challenging. The fact is that while they certainly aren't perfect, at the end of the day, M&H are just a couple in love trying to live their lives with integrity and with genuine compassion for others, as well as with energy, ideas, and a stellar work ethic. Whenever they do engage with the public, it's always in a positive way, which debunks the baseless criticism and constant negative slams. But once again, they aren't perfect. So if they aren't always on their p's and q's, you can bet any faux pas will be blown way out of proportion (and I ain't talking about likely false reports of them 'not signing' documents -- there's surely more involved with that putdown gossip, that isn't even news, but just nosy prying in the first place).

There's an entire battle going on too with royal reporters trying to slam and gaslight M&H's Sussex Squad fans, who've mostly simply tried to be supportive and tell the truth, while there are also Sussex supporters who push back against the lies. Meanwhile, Sussex Squad members around the world have raised thousands of dollars for charities associated with the Sussexes. M&H recently reached out to thank a Sussex Squad member who was responsible for launching the 'Archie Day' campaign which raised funds for children's charities in the U.K., the U.S., Canada and South Africa, in honor of Archie's recent birthday. A new fundraising campaign is being planned to honor Meghan's upcoming August 4th birthday.

^^ Note the Phil Dampier claim at the end of the IBTimes article :rolleyes: :duh:

Last edited:

Judy

Once again Meghan's friends aren't doing her any favours. In responding to having her tv show pulled from all platforms (which incidentally affects several hundred other people, which she fails to address) as well as having lost several other brand relationships, she said this in a statement:

"I realize more than ever how being a white, privileged woman has put me far ahead of so many, and in particular those in the Black community. And while I can't change the past, I can do my part to do better in the future."

Hopefully this stays fairly contained to Canadian media and doesn't affect the positive work Meghan and Harry are doing that is so very important right now.

Yikes I hadn’t even heard of what happened with a Jessica Mulroney. What a complete disaster. BTW that comment is reserved only for Jessica. Wow.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
He may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but do they really expect everything to be served up on a plate?

Perhaps they will blame it on "the help". That is, if they still have any.

Oh! wait! I know what happened! Harry asked William about how to apply, and William, urged on by EVILLE Kate, gave him the wrong information. Thereby furthering the Cambridges' EVILLE plans to make H&M look incompetent and greedy, so that they look even better by comparison. :lynch:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I wonder how Harry’s really doing. I know he’s happy to leave the Royal life behind, but the move to LA was a surprise. I thought he loved it in Canada

ballettmaus

I wonder how Harry’s really doing. I know he’s happy to leave the Royal life behind, but the move to LA was a surprise. I thought he loved it in Canada

Especially now. It's one thing to leave your native country when you know you can fly back and forth whenever you would like, it's another entirely when you can't.

kittyjake5

Probably as well as can be expected. The last few months have been very difficult for everyone that coupled with
him moving to a new country and being on lock-down and their future plans on hold can take a toll. I watched his Zoom chats and
to me he looks like he has lost some weight but that could be just the camera angle.

aftershocks

Banned Member

Sigh. They couldn't stay living in Canada. Neither of them are Canadian citizens, and with the current health crisis that heated up in March, they especially needed to make other arrangements perhaps sooner than they'd planned due to the borders closing. Meghan was born and raised in L.A., and that's where her mother and some of her friends reside, so it's certainly not surprising that's where they are now living. Meghan made enormous sacrifices to marry the man she loves, and she moved to his country and supported him in his role as a member of the British royal family. They were both eager and enthusiastic to contribute as much as they could to the British monarchy, to the British people, and to the Commonwealth.

As it turns out, a lot of people were and are jealous of the love the Sussexes share and of the impact they've had on their royal tours and with their charitable ventures and patronages. Meanwhile, the British media has continued to have a field day abusing them. Harry had enough of the intrusive media and of the restrictions and behind-the-scenes pressures of being part of the royal firm long before he ever met Meghan. Being faced with the extent to which his wife Meghan was not being fully accepted within the firm, and all of the abusive treatment she received in the media during her pregnancy, not to mention the palace leaks they were suffering, Harry decided enough was enough. Harry and Meghan were both particularly concerned for protecting their newborn baby. They made the right decision for the health and well-being of their family unit. It makes no sense to continue living in the midst of toxicity.

If you're really interested, do your research and listen to the speech Harry gave to his Sentebale colleagues at a dinner in January, where he addressed the reasons why he and Meghan stepped down from senior royal duties. He emphasized that he made the decision for his family. The new book that will be coming out in August about the Sussexes, written by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand should provide new information from the Sussexes' perspective, although it is not an official authorized biography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information