Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
If true, the article about the bills they ran up over the last 2 years would be seemingly reprehensible and a waste. Note, the caveat, if true.

Eh, it's fiction. Note the source: Daily Fail, whom Meghan has an ongoing lawsuit against. I've heard of this latest diatribe against imagined Sussex expenditures, but I also heard that the article was taken down from the Fail Online website within hours. As someone speculated on a gossip site, it was probably taken down so that no one starts questioning and speculating about how much the rest of the British royal family are spending annually, senior and non-working royals alike, especially the York family. :lol:

What the British tabloids should be writing about is how much Meghan and Harry meeting and marrying has brought huge interest to the British royal family and at least a billion or more in tourism dollars to the U.K., surrounding the May 2018 royal wedding alone! Royal reporters should also be doing positive features on how Sussex fans around the world have routinely initiated very successful fundraising campaigns to honor the Sussexes' humanitarian efforts in support of a number of charities, and as well the many charitable donations made in honor of celebrating Archie's birth, including his recent first birthday. The charities who have been receiving thousands of dollars in donations from Sussex fans are very grateful, and that's a fact! (About $50,000 was recently raised for various children's charities in South Africa, Canada, the U.S., and the U.K., in honor of Archie's first birthday. And additional funds were donated to Save the Children via the Save with Stories Instagram post featuring the video of Meghan reading Duck! Rabbit! to Archie on his birthday -- And then the book itself also sold out on Amazon).

In addition, Sussex fans started a global campaign in November 2019 to plant 10,000 trees in honor of M&H's conservation efforts. Within a week, 10,000 trees were planted, so the goal was moved to 100,000 trees by May 2020. To date, 115,000 trees have been planted worldwide as part of this effort. Supporters who weren't able to plant trees, either made donations to conservation groups or spread word about the campaign. :)

The British tabloids should also do an expose on their own nefarious practices, revealing how much money and clicks they are tallying from trash articles about the Sussexes! A more perplexing question is: Why aren't the British tabloids investigating Prince Andrew's finances, eh? Maybe we should expect a flurry of negative, made-up stuff about Meghan & Harry from the Fail and the Sun over the next few days, to try and detract from the Netflix documentary on Epstein, and the book about the Epstein/Andrew relationship due to debut this week, with a double whammy. :duh:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
AF, the only thing I take issue with what you said it the improvements to Frogmore. It was tailored to the Sussexes. If it has a different permanent resident there it will most likely have to have more renovations as the next family may want more bedrooms not things like a yoga studio. But those kinds of changes would probably come at a much smaller price like adding a closet unless they move walls around.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
AF, the only thing I take issue with what you said it the improvements to Frogmore. It was tailored to the Sussexes.
My understanding is that they paid for any improvements over and above what was originally planned though.

Reactions: mag

taf2002

My understanding is that they paid for any improvements over and above what was originally planned though.

Even if they did it's possible that the present configuration wouldn't fit the next person. That's all I was saying. As to who should pay for any changes, that's up to the royals.

aftershocks

Banned Member
AF, the only thing I take issue with what you said it the improvements to Frogmore. It was tailored to the Sussexes. If it has a different permanent resident there it will most likely have to have more renovations as the next family may want more bedrooms not things like a yoga studio. But those kinds of changes would probably come at a much smaller price like adding a closet unless they move walls around.

We don't know the exact details, but the property's renovations were well under way by late 2018, early 2019 when the Queen offered the property as a viable alternative because the renovations would be and were completed for their move-in by early April 2019 before pregnant Meghan was due to give birth. Therefore, I doubt there were any elaborate specifications M&H requested. Plus they paid for their own furnishings, and they paid for any renovation costs that were over-budget. Even though reports are saying they are paying something back, I highly doubt that's what is happening. If anything, Prince Charles may be the one extending a certain portion of money back into the Sovereign Grant (but it doesn't make any sense when you tally how much money M&H marrying and working hard for the monarchy has generated for the U.K. economy; Meghan singlehandedly helped a struggling company in Wales by wearing their jeans: Huit Denim -- a documentary on YouTube reports on that phenomenon). It makes no sense the way M&H are being overly scrutinized and demonized, almost daily in the British tabloids. BTW, the claims that M&H had a yoga studio installed with a floating floor and other fictional renovation claims, have been debunked by reliable journalists.

As I said earlier, I knew there was going to be some kind of kerfuffle in the British media this week in order to distract attention from the Epstein/ Andrew-related documentary on Netflix tomorrow, and the book on Epstein coming out the following day. Sure enough Tatler has an upcoming issue that attempts to embiggen Kate, via trashing the Sussexes. The article is so tone deaf and ridiculous, it doesn't really help Kate's image, IMHO. And sure enough a royal journalist at Royal Central is giving the Tatler article serious side-eye. The royal family doesn't need to define themselves by endlessly lamenting over M&H, when the senior royals paid no attention to what was nastily happening to the Sussexes in the press when they were hardworking members of the royal family. As well, Harry & Meghan still wanted to work with some flexibility on behalf of the monarchy, as long as they weren't going to be marginalized & mistreated within the family and relentlessly trashed in the British media. But the senior royals and courtiers said, 'No,' and the royal reporters claimed M&H wanted to "have their cake and eat it too," which is funny because that claim is clear evidence of the RRs and tabloids projecting.

Here's the Royal Central article:
A quote from the above article:
"[Kate's friends] can inform Tatler how wonderful the [Cambridges] are without trivialising those who really are having a tough time, and also without dragging the Sussexes."

A brief report on the Tatler article, which will be available online in couple of days:

BTW, the editor of Tatler attended university with Kate & William:

Posting the above here because the Sussexes are being trashed in the Tatler article. Meanwhile, M&H have never spoken against anyone in the royal family. Even when asked direct questions in the South Africa documentary, M&H did not target Harry's family in their responses -- they were gracious in focusing more on their personal struggles in trying to cope with the building pressures of the negative media onslaught. Harry also emphasized his unwillingness to play the dangerous 'media game.' It's significant that Harry also spoke up publicly back-in-the-day for both Camilla and Kate against negative stories about them in the British media. The same was not reciprocated by anyone in Harry's family for his wife when she was pregnant and the target of British tabloid vitriolic bile.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I don't understand: the improvements were going to be to someone's plan, and any plan might not suit the next person. It's not like they installed a dungeon, AFAIK. (Although my friend's daughter found what was a server room in their new house, which she recognized by the way it was wired. She's convinced the previous owners were trading bitcoin, :lol:).

In Europe, aside from the bigger hotels, built-in closets aren't a given. (It's not like in the US where to be called a bedroom, it has to have a closet.) People bring in stand-alone dressers and armoires, and an emptied-out yoga studio can easily be converted to a bedroom, study, office, etc. A dance studio would take more work, because the wall-to-wall mirrors would likely go, but even barres along the side can be removed.

Reactions: mag

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ In any case, the Sussexes did not have a yoga studio nor a dance studio installed in Frogmore Cottage. Neither were the ancient structure's windows soundproofed, among other made-up claims...

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Ah well, not the same thing at all. But trying to dismiss what's going on behind-the-scenes in the British royal family with knee-jerk jokes and rhymes is seemingly par for the course. Just like the British media has got nothing on Harry nor on Meghan for that matter, the rotten Republicans had nothing on President Obama, so they completely made up the birther nonsense. And lo and behold, Trumpster jumped on that bandwagon like the racist, narcissistic opportunist and blowhard he's always been.

Harry's youthful misdeeds have been laid out there for some time, and are continually referenced with the damning photographic evidence. He often served as a convenient scapegoat for over-protected older bro Wills. So it seems that Harry learned the hard way from his mistakes, while apparently Wills only learned that his mistakes would be covered up. Yep, that's a dangerous quid pro quo game. As Harry said, he wants no part of playing games with the British media, and fortunately, the media have no leverage over him because they own no hidden receipts. As per the documentaries I've already linked more than once, the media has got receipts on a number of other royals.

President Obama wasn't an angel in his youth either, but he wrote a couple of books before he ran for office, in which he revealed whatever minor youthful transgressions that exist in his past, which he also learned from, btw. Plus, he dearly loves his wife, so there was nothing for the Repubs to mine in that favored category!

Like I said, the main point is: the British media and 'royal sources' aren't doing the royal firm any favors by continuing to drag the Sussexes for the purposes of detracting from Andrew's woes and keeping hidden other unpleasant skeletons in the royal closet. Much less is it wise for them to continue trashing the Sussexes in silly attempts to embiggen other senior royals. The report about the Tatler article that I linked is a blurb which doesn't reveal even half of the utter silliness and whining about the Sussexes that appears in Tatler's Kate cover story. The piece is so off-putting and has been received so poorly that KP came out almost immediately with denials. Unsurprisingly, KP and BP as well were always exceedingly slow or absent in speaking out against the slams and complete falsehoods against Meghan that were so hard and heavy in the British tabloids in the fall of 2018 and throughout 2019.

Meanwhile, it's interesting to note that a lot of the pure nonsense in the Tatler article is the same tired slush that has been thrown around about the Sussexes in the Daily Fail and The Sun ever since January. Last week, unreliable Katie Nicholl was blathering that Harry & William have supposedly been mending their 'rift' and are on good speaking terms. The next week, poor 'Catherine the Great' is so 'overworked and furious' about the Sussexes' departure. Everyone needs to get their stories straight.

If the royals have nothing to hide, they should call off the nasty British leeches and let Meghan and Harry live their lives without this pitiful, unnecessary gaslighting harassment, which ultimately boomerangs. Karma doesn't play games. All the mud-slinging does is to make the perpetrators get mired while the victims gain more support, goodwill and a higher profile, especially when the dirt they're targeted with never clings.

Last edited:

canbelto

Ah well, not the same thing at all. But trying to dismiss what's going on behind-the-scenes in the British royal family with knee-jerk jokes and rhymes is seemingly par for the course. Just like the British media has got nothing on Harry nor on Meghan for that matter, the rotten Republicans had nothing on President Obama, so they completely made up the birther nonsense. And lo and behold, Trumpster jumped on that bandwagon like the racist, narcissistic opportunist and blowhard he's always been.

Harry's youthful misdeeds have been laid out there for some time, and are continually referenced with the damning photographic evidence. He often served as a convenient scapegoat for over-protected older bro Wills. So it seems that Harry learned the hard way from his mistakes, while apparently Wills only learned that his mistakes would be covered up. Yep, that's a dangerous quid pro quo game. As Harry said, he wants no part of playing games with the British media, and fortunately, the media have no leverage over him because they own no hidden receipts. As per the documentaries I've already linked more than once, the media has got receipts on a number of other royals.

President Obama wasn't an angel in his youth either, but he wrote a couple of books before he ran for office, in which he revealed whatever minor youthful transgressions that exist in his past, which he also learned from, btw. Plus, he dearly loves his wife, so there was nothing for the Repubs to mine in that favored category!

Like I said, the main point is: the British media and 'royal sources' aren't doing the royal firm any favors by continuing to drag the Sussexes for the purposes of detracting from Andrew's woes and keeping hidden other unpleasant skeletons in the royal closet. Much less is it wise for them to continue trashing the Sussexes in silly attempts to embiggen other senior royals. The report about the Tatler article that I linked is a blurb which doesn't reveal even half of the utter silliness and whining about the Sussexes that appears in Tatler's Kate cover story. The piece is so off-putting and has been received so poorly that KP came out almost immediately with denials. Unsurprisingly, KP and BP as well were always exceedingly slow or absent in speaking out against the slams and complete falsehoods against Meghan that were so hard and heavy in the British tabloids in the fall of 2018 and throughout 2019.

Meanwhile, it's interesting to note that a lot of the pure nonsense in the Tatler article is the same tired slush that has been thrown around about the Sussexes in the Daily Fail and The Sun ever since January. Last week, unreliable Katie Nicholl was blathering that Harry & William have supposedly been mending their 'rift' and are on good speaking terms. The next week, poor 'Catherine the Great' is so 'overworked and furious' about the Sussexes' departure. Everyone needs to get their stories straight.

If the royals have nothing to hide, they should call off the nasty British leeches and let Meghan and Harry live their lives without this pitiful, unnecessary gaslighting harassment, which ultimately boomerangs. Karma doesn't play games. All the mud-slinging does is to make the perpetrators get mired while the victims gain more support, goodwill and a higher profile, especially when the dirt they're targeted with never clings.

565 words. That's it. That's the post.

taf2002

AS - "All the mud-slinging does is to make the perpetrators get mired while the victims gain more support, goodwill and a higher profile, especially when the dirt they're targeted with never clings."

I wish that was true, sometimes it does cling. Some sheeple believe the dirt & pass it on as truth. And some people get rich making up stories & nothing bad happens to them.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I wish that was true, sometimes it does cling.

Granted that some people believe the made-up slams against the Sussexes, but those people are either Sussex-haters or they are generally not royalty followers. Therefore some members of the general public do often believe derogatory stories they've been inundated with, until they are made aware of facts and logic. That's surely one reason why M&H are allowing Omid Scobie to talk with their inner circle in order to set the record straight from their perspective. And that's also why M&H are battling against the vicious tabloid stories in the Daily Fail, etc. They are doing this not just for themselves, but for others who have been victimized by the media but who don't have the means to fight back.

IMO, the dirt does not stick when it becomes obvious that it's mud-slinging, and not the truth. The Sussexes carry on trying to live their lives the best way they know how, and every time we see them interacting with the public, they seem genuinely caring and warmhearted, as well as passionate about giving back. They also are focusing on taking care of their marriage, and of their son (their core family unit) with support from close friends and from Meghan's mother and from people of goodwill around the world. M&H do not appear to be spending time worrying about what oppositional people are doing, but they are taking measures to protect themselves and their public image, as they work on their humanitarian goals.

aftershocks

Banned Member
M&H also are behind the recent statement about the George Floyd killing released by the Queen's Commonwealth Trust, the organization for which they serve as President & VP respectively:
(Note: contrary to the article's phrasing, the Queen does not 'helm' QCT, the organization simply carries her name and thus her authority; it is an organization that was formed in part for the purpose of providing Harry with a prominent role in Commonwealth affairs, and he was instrumental in its formation -- that's perhaps why his and Meghan's roles with the organization were not 'taken away,' when they stepped down from front line senior royal duties)

In addition to Meghan's recent outspoken video sparked by the George Floyd protests (Meghan said she had initially intended it to be a message for 2020 graduates), yet another video has suddenly resurfaced from 2012 of Meghan speaking out against racism and sharing her personal experiences. The 2012 video was part of a public service campaign against racism, launched by USA network. The original video on YouTube was entitled Characters Unite: Meghan Markle of Suits. I have not seen a complete copy of the original video reissued (for some reason it had been repeatedly taken down from YouTube over the past several years). ET has posted excerpts from the original video:

Perhaps a full version of the original video might be found embedded in online articles

And below is a direct YouTube link to Meghan's most recent message, chiefly for the graduating class of 2020, in which she discusses her concerns surrounding police killings of black people, and the Black Lives Matter protest movement:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Article about H&M potential involvement with BLM movement.

I'm sure that H&M are concerned and are educating themselves as much as they can, and that they genuinely want to help in whatever way they can. But this article sounds a little exaggerated. I suspect that many of the leaders in this area have much bigger things on their plates right now than taking meetings with H&M. (Note: I'm criticizing the way this article is written, not what H&M are doing.)

aftershocks

Banned Member
And now a lot of the people (like Piers Morgan) and strangely even some of the worst British tabloids are hurriedly backtracking in their comments about Meghan. Two-faced...

"Ultimate clout chasers doing an about face"

In other news,

I'm sure that H&M are concerned and are educating themselves as much as they can, and that they genuinely want to help in whatever way they can. But this article sounds a little exaggerated. I suspect that many of the leaders in this area have much bigger things on their plates right now than taking meetings with H&M. (Note: I'm criticizing the way this article is written, not what H&M are doing.)

I've read the article in Elle, and I don't see anythng wrong or 'exaggerated' with the way the article is written. Elle is reporting straightforwardly information that originally appeared in a Harper's Bazaar article by Omid Scobie. I would think that the organizers of BLM would be happy to take meetings with a high profile couple with clout, such as Meghan and Harry.

I recently saw young tennis player Coco Gauff give an impassioned and articulate speech during a BLM protest. There are many people rallying to give their support to this important and urgent cause.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I liked that commencement address from Meghan. Well done.

I agree. Meghan has always been very articulate. At age 14, she was the valedictorian at her Immaculate Heart graduation from middle school. The below article excerpts the speech and provides a link to the full video (which was purchased by Daily Fail and posted on their website in 2018). I viewed the video back in 2018 on another site. It must have been sold to DF by a family member or former friend.

Meghan surely gained confidence from the age of 11 when after seeing a commercial she felt wasn't right, she composed letters with encouragement from her parents, which led to a soap manufacturer changing the gender-biased wording of their dish soap commercial. This experience surely led to Meghan recognizing the power of speaking out. In turn she grew up determined to encourage others to share their voices in helping to make the world a better place.

When I heard about Meghan's romance with Prince Harry, I took the time to learn as much as I could about her background, so I'm familiar with the reference to her Catholic school teacher, Maria Pollia, who counseled Meghan to "Always remember to put others' needs above your own fears." Meghan seems to apply what she learns at every step, so it's unsurprising that she has never forgotten these meaningful words. Pollia also related this anecdote in an ABC documentary during the lead-up to M&H's 2018 royal wedding:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Ah well, this is interesting, but not surprising. It has been rumored for months that something was afoot legally that would reveal other reasons why M&H chose to step down from senior royal life. Although not mentioned prominently in the below videos (though it is mentioned in the linked website of Byline Investigates, which features the original breaking news report about 'cash for palace leaks'), we shouldn't forget that it was Dan Wootton of The Sun who also leaked M&H's written down plans that Harry had given to the royal firm in an effort to negotiate behind-the-scenes. Because Wootton and The Sun were provided with the information in Harry's written plans and were going to publish it, that's why the Sussexes made the decision to go public with their unfinished website, so that they could get ahead of the effort to explosively twist and scandalize their plans and desires.

It will be interesting to see whether or not Christian Jones soon resigns from working for Will & Kate at KP:

ETA:
Direct link to the specified breaking news article:
https://www.bylineinvestigates.com/...ms-at-the-sun-the-story-murdoch-tried-to-bury

Meanwhile, some positive news about the good work of Meghan's animal charity, Mayhew. Their annual report was recently released with an introductory letter by Meghan:

Last edited:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Once again Meghan's friends aren't doing her any favours. In responding to having her tv show pulled from all platforms (which incidentally affects several hundred other people, which she fails to address) as well as having lost several other brand relationships, she said this in a statement:

"I realize more than ever how being a white, privileged woman has put me far ahead of so many, and in particular those in the Black community. And while I can't change the past, I can do my part to do better in the future."

Hopefully this stays fairly contained to Canadian media and doesn't affect the positive work Meghan and Harry are doing that is so very important right now.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Maybe, but like I said, doesn't help. Her relationship with Meghan is mentioned all the time in articles about her - including by Jessica herself in some of her statements on social media where she says that:

“I have lived a very public and personal experience with my closest friend where race was front and centre. It was deeply personal. I learned a lot from that. I promise to continue to learn and list on how I can use my privilege to elevate and support black voices.”

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The very first headline I saw about this story said "Meghan's BFF Jessica Mulroney accused of abusing white privilege". Meghan is going to be tied to this story, regardless of whether she actually has anything to do with it.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Re the story that H&M met with BLM leaders: H&M are a high profile couple, but it's kind of delusional to think they have "clout". They have a media presence, but IMO it's questionable how much influence they have with legislators and decision-makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information