In Memoriam

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
RIP Seiji Ozawa

John Williams wrote this tribute to him in 1999

Seiji Ozawa and John Williams reunite at the 2023 Matsumoto Festival in Japan

Happy Birthday to John Williams who turned 92 yesterday.
Believe it or not, my mom took me to a concert he guest-conducted in the ‘60s and I developed a giant crush on Seiji. OMG was he charismatic. A great life.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
He was planning on trying for a sub 2 hour time this April in Rotterdam

Vagabond

Wilhelminia Fernandez Wiggins, the Diva of Diva

New York Times obituary (gifted, llink valid for two weeks)

“Diva,” in fact, would be Ms. Fernandez’s only film role. In interviews, she said that she had never any desire to be an actress, believing that the static environment of a film set was no substitute for the electricity of the stage.

This was fitting for the her character in Diva, Cynthia Hawkins, who refused to let her voice be recorded.

She married Ormond Fernandez, a mail carrier
:lol: The protagonist of Diva is a mail carrier.

Lexington Herald-Leader Obituary

1987 Radio Interview with Bruce Duffie

Diva, Opening Scene

I saw Diva twice during its two-year run in Paris and was lucky enough to see WFW as Leonora in a production of Il Trovatore. Happy memories. :fan:

Last edited:

BittyBug

Disgusted
Flaco, the Eurasian Eagle owl who was freed from his enclosure at New York's Central Park Zoo by a vandal, and who went on to live a life of freedom in NYC for a little over a year, has died from an apparent window strike. WCS will perform a necropsy to confirm the cause of death.

sk9tingfan

An update as to Flaco's probable cause of death:

But now refuted:

Last edited:

vgerdes

R.I.P.
Damn. Far too young. I really, really hope a cure for ALS is found in my lifetime. Such a horrific disease.

R.I.P.
Gauthier “passed suddenly and unexpectedly following a short illness,” his manager told TVLine.

I loved Eureka, always will remember "Vincent"

I loved him in Eureka and Once Upon a Time. What's with all these people dying in their 40s? Ugh.

Last edited:

icie

Keeping up appearances
Flaco, the Eurasian Eagle owl who was freed from his enclosure at New York's Central Park Zoo by a vandal, and who went on to live a life of freedom in NYC for a little over a year, has died from an apparent window strike. WCS will perform a necropsy to confirm the cause of death.

There was a memorial service for Flaco. RIP noble owl.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Singer and actor Steve Lawrence has passed.

Steve and his late wife Eydie Gorme were one of the most talented and successful couples in show business.

He did a lot of Carol Burnett Show episodes. She has a sweet post up. https://www.instagram.com/p/C4OwRfavQ98/?igsh=bTBobTAybW9nd3kz

MacMadame

Doing all the things
His death is causing a stir at another site where I post. I honestly had never heard of him but he is treated with reverence by those posters. RIP
I have fond memories of watching Dragon Ball Z with my son. It was a fun show.

BittyBug

Disgusted
I am very sorry to report that multi-instrumentalist and composer extraordinaire, Karl Wallinger, of the Waterboys and World Party, has died at the far too young age of 66.

He was a genius songwriter, with a voice that alternated between sounding like Mick Jagger and Bob Dylan. I had the pleasure of seeing him in the late 90's in a very small club and he was amazing - just an insanely talented musician.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information