In Memoriam

MacMadame

Doing all the things

Cachoo

I thought she was a one hit wonder. Clearly I missed the boat on her. Billboard female vocalist of the year in 1972. That was an interesting read about a full life. RIP

vireo

SamChez

Entertainment legend Chita Rivera has passed at 91:

Holy Chita!!! A little Kiss of the Spiderwoman. It’s weird, but stick with it.

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
Entertainment legend Chita Rivera has passed at 91:

May she Rest In Peace 😥.
FWIW this is what the Cell Block Tango should sound like,

https://youtu.be/hpvO8pk7Ca4?si=1p2qtTFhatleKkGv

Her timing and delivery were just wonderful. It constantly reminds me how much I dislike Catherine Zeta-Jones' version of this.

Cachoo

Don Murray, who played many roles in films and television, has passed.

What an interesting life. I vaguely remember him on television but an Oscar nomination, movies, serving three years in the group that was the forerunner of the Peace Corps...even his folks I'm sure he had so many stories. RIP

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
It's being reported Toby Keith has died of stomach cancer this morning
I saw it on the local news this morning.

RIP, Toby. You will be missed. :love:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I liked him despite his politics and occasional obnoxiousness. His songs sounded like a human being wrote them, not Country AI. RIP.

vgerdes

I liked him despite his politics and occasional obnoxiousness. His songs sounded like a human being wrote them, not Country AI. RIP.
I agree. Some of his songs were really, really fun. But I heard horror stories about how obnoxious he was when he played a country music festival here in my hometown a few years back. It darkened my perception of him considerably. Still, it's a bad way to go. He looked really sick the last time I saw him on TV. RIP, Toby.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
He was one of the first people to publicly criticize the (Dixie) Chicks for being unpatriotic when Natalie Maines said she was ashamed that George Bush was from their state. One of them wore an FUTK shirt as a 🖕 to him. They suffered a real hit to their careers because of the backlash that he helped to start.

Condolences to his family and to all that loved him.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I'm not a country music fan. I only know of Toby Keith because my country music loving cousins are big fans.

katmari

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information