Hanyu injured

Meoima

I hope he takes time off to heal.
As far as I recall, after the collision with Han Yan, he insisted on skating, eventhough Orser said he should not? I am pretty sure that as an adult, final medical decisions (like how much is too much) is not up to Orser.
I do fear that Hanyu is being too overconfident of his body. I think he shouldn't have skated with a head injury, and I think he should be more careful about healing injuries like this. I think he should have taken a season off - he seems to be under so much pressure. He can't really sit out next season, since he need to help JPN have 3 men's spots for 2018, and he obviously don't want to sit out the Olympic season.
Maybe he can not join the GP this year? That might do him good. Pap/Ciz shows that you can, and still win.
Most of the time, he is injured at WC. I think this is the result of overtraining. And he pushes himself too much during GPs. If I were his team, I'd tell him to skip the Gps. I think this season he has done much better than the previous season. He will be even better by the end of next season even though it will be super difficult as he will upgrade his layout.

Anyways, is the new video in which there's a part about his injury. Some other articles also said he would need from 3-6 months before he can come back to jump the 4T. I do hope he will save the 4T because it's crucial in his layout.

http://dai.ly/x43g14j

Shared by Junko Yamasaki @YHIFG FB
So he had great pain before going into WC and hiding it. His injury was top secret.
TV crew were secretly told about his injury. But it was a top secret..While walking in the park the TV crew dared to put forward this question.."You seemes to be caring about your ankle. Is there any problem.." Yuzu said" yeah, it started to hurt beginning of this year" TV crew asked again" After WC which is the planned timing of this program to be aired, is it OK to release this information. Are you going to tell about this after the WC" Yuzu said " Well, I don't know. Maybe not."

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
It also seems that in the last two seasons he's gotten his asthma under control: he used to struggle with it in the last minute of his program. It's hard to imagine that it didn't limit his training as well, and he may be training even more now.

Meoima

It also seems that in the last two seasons he's gotten his asthma under control: he used to struggle with it in the last minute of his program. It's hard to imagine that it didn't limit his training as well, and he may be training even more now.
Yeah, he is improving his health step by step. About his asthma, he said when he was a kid, they chose skating so he can overcome asthma. As a kid he idolized an OGM who succeeded despite asthma as well. I appreciate that he look at all of his health issues as some challenges and he keeps overcoming them. Maybe with ages he will become much more healthier.
So he is going towards the right direction. Injuries for top athletes are unavoidable so I don't see anything too serious about his current situation yet. Good thing is that he has the whole summer to heal his leg bone before the new season starts. We will know about his leg if he will do 4T again.

barbarafan

I have read in various places that they have been working on body strength and conditioning a great deal the last 2 yrs so the long program does not present the same challenge to his asthma.

Meoima

I have read in various places that they have been working on body strength and conditioning a great deal the last 2 yrs so the long program does not present the same challenge to his asthma.
About Yuzuru's injury, I have just read some comments from Goldenskate forum about his condition:
--------------------
Original posted by seimei:
".........I read a sentence on sportiva magazine. His injury at January was very serious to consider withdraw to world. His health after National is always not good. May be he has worked off too much to half season.. And next season's schedule is also crazy.. <nhk to GPF to national> they are all biweekly.. so I want he won't go nhk at least like 14 season, but very unlikely."
--------------------
Original posted by daisy616
"....the magazine is Sportiva and the Amazon link is http://goo.gl/fMXhrW
I read that article and I was also shocked to know the injury was that bad. According to Ms.Shirota, his left leg was swollen very badly after Yuzu performed the short program."
--------------------
Original posted by seimei:
"....I have to correct word not withdraw but unclearity to compete. It seems that he had to each three days rest after one day practice at Toronto. And his legs were swollen too. Of course, he didn't use injury for excuse himself, it's inevitable to injury for top male skaters. But personally I think his schedule from nhk to national was not ideal.. but it's difficult to change schedule, circumstance. I don't think he will not skip GPs, he has always developed and adapted to his programs through first half season. And pcs is also influenced by participation many competition. I just have a hope he'll skip national and participate 4cc but skipping national is very unlikely to him and JSF."
--------------------
Original posted by daisy616
:....Ms. Shirota also says "Perhaps we should have made him skip the practice during the competition (for a rest)."

Last edited:

GreatLakesGal

So was his poor performance in the FS largely due to injury? And if so, why didn't Orser say that? He certainly didn't hide Javi's injury.

Also, what exactly is Shirota's role in his training now? Does anyone know?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I think skaters like to hide their injuries because it may impact the judges' opinion of their skating. FS rules allow that (hiding injury) AFAIK.

Sorry to hear of Yuzuru's injury. He needs to find a way to be healthy at worlds (and Olympics of course).

Meoima

I think skaters like to hide their injuries because it may impact the judges' opinion of their skating. FS rules allow that (hiding injury) AFAIK.

Sorry to hear of Yuzuru's injury. He needs to find a way to be healthy at worlds (and Olympics of course).
Originally Posted by mikaboo From golden skate

http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/general/2016/04/26/0009026417.shtml

Yuzuru's diagnosis has been reported from ANA.

He has "Lisfranc joint ligament damage" (左足リスフラン関節じん帯損傷) and needs 2 months to recover completely.
He'll stay in Toronto for treatment. ANA will report on his progress again in mid-May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information