Gymnastics News #23: Defying Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveRinger

BaileyCatts

will there be somewhere online to watch qualifying rounds on Sunday? it doesn't seem like Peacock is showing the qualifying days.

Tesla

Whippet Good
So, Qualifications can be seen everywhere, but not the finals. Am I reading that correctly?
Live streams of the finals will also be available on the platform, except in the following territories:
Argentina, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Guyana, Guatemala, Hungary, Honduras, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Nicaragua, Netherlands, Panama, Paraguay, People's Republic of China, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russian Federation, San Marino, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, US Virgin Islands, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vatican city, Venezuela.
Presumably, the excluded countries will be airing the finals in some capacity. Isn't it on Peacock in the US?

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports' press release (Sept. 28):

2023 World Gymnastics Championships LIVE Schedule
All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change.

DateEventTime (ET)Platform
Tues., Oct. 3Men’s Team Final1:30 p.m.Peacock (LIVE)
Wed., Oct. 4Women’s Team Final1:30 p.m.Peacock (LIVE)
Thurs., Oct. 5Men’s All-Around Final1:30 p.m.Peacock (LIVE)
Fri., Oct. 6Women’s All-Around Final1:30 p.m.Peacock (LIVE)
Sat., Oct. 7Apparatus Finals – Day 18 a.m.Peacock (LIVE)
Sun., Oct. 8Apparatus Finals – Day 28 a.m.Peacock (LIVE)
Women’s Team Final2 p.m.CNBC*
Sat., Oct. 14Women’s All-Around FinalNoonNBC*
*Encore presentation

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
My manager released our department's work-from-home schedule for next two weeks and I ended up with Tuesday and Wednesday of next week as my work from home days......I don't think she quite realized how happy that made me since I can now watch both the men's and women's team finals live while I'm working that afternoon! Love how that worked out for me....she better not change the schedule, LOL :cheer:

ilovesalchows

Ugh, US high bar disaster. We really got to figure that apparatus out. Young-Fall, Hong-botched skills, Juda-Hit!, Richard-Fall. Scoring wedgie is broken, but the US should have a total of 38.599 for high bar, which is 9th among all teams who have gone so far. Juda currently in 5th on HB.

Hedwig

Antique member
is there a good online resource to see who competes when at which apparatus so that I don't miss anything tomorrow?

for those still looking for a stream - this is the link:

skatingguy

decently
is there a good online resource to see who competes when at which apparatus so that I don't miss anything tomorrow?

for those still looking for a stream - this is the link:
Startlist for the final 2 subdivision of the men - tomorrow's action starts on page 25

Wikipedia has the group breakdown - women's apparatus start list does not seem to be loaded yet.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
US in second behind Japan after today? wow.

While not being very good. What ON EARTH happened to China? GB is very close to the US, so that seems less dramatic, but they're behind Germany, who didn't even qualify last year.

Although China also qualified behind the US last year, so maybe they're just bad at it?

For the US right now, it looks like Richard and Hong are in a good spot for AA, Richard currently in second for floor, Young in second on PH, Juda and Young in 5th and 6th on Vault so they could qualify but might miss out. Moldauer in 4th and Hong in 6th on P Bars, so Yul at least should make it. And high bar, let us never speak of it again. (No, just kidding, Juda is in 7th but I assume won't make the final). In theory, all of them could make at least one final.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information