Gymnastics #24 - The Road to Paris

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
So my team so far is Biles, Shalise, Jordan, Jade and tbd.
Moi aussi. As much as I’d like to see Suni on the team, her treatment schedule may not jibe with the O schedule. Maybe a complete newbie for the 5th, just to have another returner for LA?

skatfan

It’s the end of an era. Chusovitina was injured in podium training at FX at Asian Games and has withdrawn. This was her last chance at an Olympic spot. All hail Chussy!
What a legacy she leaves. I'm sure she's disappointed.

ilovesalchows

The reason to take Carey is vault and floor, neither of which she showed much value add at this event. She will have to upgrade and hit at Nationals and Trials.

To that note, Chiles really only tied for 3rd on bars, and she can be outscored by many other people who had freak falls.

I think Blakely offers the most risk/reward, she had a horrid meet.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
It’s the end of an era. Chusovitina was injured in podium training at FX at Asian Games and has withdrawn. This was her last chance at an Olympic spot. All hail Chussy!
Definitely the end of an Era. This will be the first Olympics I've watched without her.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I think only Shilese and Simone are locks. I think Jade helped herself at this event, and a bad event for Jocelyn didn’t hurt Jade, but I would not say she’s in at this point.

Jordan helped herself for sure, but she would definitely need to show a pattern of good meets.

Until this meet, I would have said I’d take Kayla over Jordan, but Kayla had a rough meet. Hopefully she got it out of her system!

skipaway

I think only Shilese and Simone are locks. I think Jade helped herself at this event, and a bad event for Jocelyn didn’t hurt Jade, but I would not say she’s in at this point.

Jordan helped herself for sure, but she would definitely need to show a pattern of good meets.

Until this meet, I would have said I’d take Kayla over Jordan, but Kayla had a rough meet. Hopefully she got it out of her system!
I thought Jocelyn looked injured, or not well recovered from her previous injury.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
US nationals will be very exciting. I have to stay off social media for a day or so until it gets posted on YouTube lol

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
She was trying unsuccessfully to hide a limp. I hope she’s more recovered for Nationals.
I mean all of her landings on floor were pretty short, so that probably didn't help. It made my ankles sting in sympathy. But yeah I think if they want a floor/vault person Jade is currently the lead for that, but Josc could end up with an alternate spot just by nature of being one of the only other primo floor/vault people.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
She was actually featured in a few of those commercials prior to seeing how well she was doing in her recovery (I remember thinking that it seemed early to be putting any gymnasts besides Simone in a commercial for Paris, LOL). I think they stopped airing them for a while but seem to have ramped them up again after her good showing at the Classic. She is who my heart wants VERY badly to make that Olys team after all the struggles she's had with her health. I'm rooting VERY hard for her! :cheer:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
what health struggles did Suni have?

Icetalavista

I need to look at the bust! Phalen is a couple miles from my house. I also hope she does the new bars element at trials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information