Gymnastic news #22 - Tokyo or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
He exasperates me so much with his inconsistency but if Sam keeps hitting the routines that team USA needs today, he's gonna earn one of those Olympic team spots and I would have a hard time being that upset about it. He actually looks really good today (aside from his PB hiccup). :eek:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
He exasperates me so much with his inconsistency but if Sam keeps hitting the routines that team USA needs today, he's gonna earn one of those Olympic team spots and I would have a hard time being that upset about it. He actually looks really good today (aside from his PB hiccup). :eek:
I think the same, but I hope the alternates stay close and ready because I feel like Sam's going to break at any moment

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
From looking really quickly through the standings, seems Moldauer will keep at least top 3 in floor, pommel, and rings. Not that the spot seems to be at risk..

Honestly, Nedoroscik might still be in it. He's gonna finish 2nd in pommel by just .05 after a disaster in day 1. Nah, Dyer is delivering today. I think he has it.

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
From looking really quickly through the standings, seems Moldauer will keep at least top 3 in floor, pommel, and rings. Not that the spot seems to be at risk..

Honestly, Nedoroscik might still be in it. He's gonna finish 2nd in pommel by just .05 after a disaster in day 1. Nah, Dyer is delivering today. I think he has it.

Don't forget about Alec Yoder. ;)

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Don't forget about Alec Yoder. ;)
Yeah I realized he still had to go after I looked at Stephen's placement. :lol: The OSU in me wants him to go, and if he hits pommel then he far and away makes his case (needs only 13.3 :eek:). But will they send him over someone with potential in two events? Yeah, probably.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
What are Yoder’s chances of actually medaling on pommel vs Nedoroscik? The upgrade was a risk but perhaps needed?

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
What are Yoder’s chances of actually medaling on pommel vs Nedoroscik? The upgrade was a risk but perhaps needed?

Yoder's scores have been solid in comparison to the rest of the world so I think he has as good a shot as anyone else right now. He's won several NCAA titles over the years against tough competition so he's pretty battle tested in competition. :cheer: (He's my sentimental favorite as a Buckeye that I've been following for a while now)

ilovepaydays

Diab has been awesome on rings but I don’t think he has the potential make the event finals or medal that Yoder has on pommel horse. Right?!

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
OMG, I hope that was enough for Alec! I can't imagine how much pressure that was to deliver another strong performance after the other night. He's such a good guy and is SO GOOD on this event. fingers crossed :cheer:

OK, I think that was a little harsh on the scoring. :eek:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
What concerns me most about Mikulak in both national and trials is he has one day where he looks like he's about to die of exhaustion on some events and then one day where he looks fab. I feel like someone more steady might be a better choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information