Green and Parsons Cheer Thread

Sylvia

TBD
Wonderful World's debut for Rachel Caroline and Michael - 6th in the RD is an accomplishment.
Fixed that for you :) (Michael's sister Rachel is busy in college now).

Here's what they said afterwards, as published in the ISU Quick Quotes document (RD group 2):

Parsons: I feel like I’m living like a dream right now. This is my first Worlds, it’s in Japan and we just skated
the best we possibly could. I’m so happy what Caroline has done, what we’ve done with our coaches. Now
it’s just ‘buckle up, get ready for tomorrow.’ I’m really, really proud with how we skated today.
(on what they changed or improved since Four Continents) We’ve changed probably 75% of our entire rhythm
dance. It probably looks similar but probably everything is different. We did all of our changes after Four
Continents. We came in here with a little chip on our shoulder because we knew we could do better. We
could have done four more of those skates today. It felt amazing.
(on their season best score today) That was definitely our best skate of the season.

Green: I think it’s the first competition where we really feel that trust and faith in our training. Getting a late
start to our season, things were constantly changing this is kind of the reward for that.
(on what they changed or improved since Four Continents) Coming into this event, we had time to just go
home, refresh, look at what we needed to change. I think we put out a performance that was really
representative of all the hard work we put in.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Great showing for Caroline & Michael!! They are poised to compete for top 5 in the World in the coming seasons. :cheer2:

I really liked that Gershwin. It was so sparkly and light. It will be interested to see if they again go with something completely different next season.

VGThuy

Great showing for Caroline & Michael!! They are poised to compete for top 5 in the World in the coming seasons. :cheer2:

I really liked that Gershwin. It was so sparkly and light. It will be interested to see if they again go with something completely different next season.
I totally agree. The don’t get all the complaints that the routine was “generic” or whatever because I found it to be interesting and full of nice highlights. I wish people would just admit that they just don’t like or understand this style of dance, which the choreography was appropriately matching.

They are the present and future of US ice dance and will continue to get better. I knew Michael Parsons was a star ever since his junior days and you just don’t ignore his glide, depth of edges, and that impeccable dancer’s body with that line and carriage and his attention to aesthetics. Caroline has improved by so much and their ability to match each other will improve. She’s not bad, it’s just that she’s younger than Michael and he’s just next level when it comes to body position and body line, so any partner after his sister will have a steep learning curve with him.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Caroline has "it" much more than Rachel did. She's a great match for Michael. She's still young so they are more at her stage than Michael's but that's fine. We see male ice dancers now skating into their mid-30s; as long as Michael wants to go that long they have a great future.

I like that they did two completely different free dances in two consecutive years. People complain when teams hew closely to one style that they excel in; I don't have an issue with teams for whom that works, but here you have a team not doing that. Its fun to see.

This year's worlds brought a ton of variety in dances. That was great! We got two Gershwins in very different styles to compare. I found that such fun and both were great debuts for US teams.

I can't wait to see what Caroline & Michael do next season.

Baby Yoda On Skates

This RD performance was spectacular and I loved it. Caroline might not be the dancer that Michael is yet, but she sold the hell out of that dance.

I admit I'm not a fan of Gershwin so I've not been sold on the FD. Sorry Gershwin fans. 😂

Ena Grins

I think I've said this before, but I'm beyond impressed with how much they've improved this Free Dance since the start of the season. The choreography and performance came together so well at Worlds and it speaks to both their coaching team and their skills as ice dancers.

I really recommend watching with Mark Hanretty and Belinda Noonan's commentary. At the end Mark calls it "a master class in musicality and phrasing" and I completely agree.

georgiana08

Caroline and Michael really couldn't have asked for a better worlds debut. I know there was a lot of disappointment over their free dance choice, but I appreciate how they kept with it and worked hard to make it the best it could be. I thought their performance last night was beautiful and they looked so confident.

I know they said in their interview last week that they aren't interested in repeating themselves every year, so I'll be very curious to see what route they take next. They played a big part in choreographing their Martha Graham free dance, and I hope now that they've settled in more at MIDA they continue down that path.

Speaking of MIDA, I think they deserve a lot of credit here. As a brand new school, I doubt they expected to take on such a high profile team in their first year, and they had to have felt the pressure of suddenly coaching US#3. We'll probably never know the details of what caused Caroline and Michael to make the sudden move in the middle of the summer, but they seem happy with their choice. They cited mental prep as one of the big areas they've worked on with their new coaches, and I think that's obvious with how they performed this week.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I’m so glad Greg got to be there with Caroline and Michael. He’s not the “big name” at MIDA, but he’s such a great coach and seems to have a great connection with them. I’m sure it helped that they worked with him a few years ago at Wheaton.

sap5

I think I've said this before, but I'm beyond impressed with how much they've improved this Free Dance since the start of the season. The choreography and performance came together so well at Worlds and it speaks to both their coaching team and their skills as ice dancers.

I really recommend watching with Mark Hanretty and Belinda Noonan's commentary. At the end Mark calls it "a master class in musicality and phrasing" and I completely agree.
I love to watch ice dancers who understand and want to excel in both ice skating and dancing, and that's the case with this team. IMO, there are a lot of teams at the top right now who are brilliantly packaged, but aren't great dancers, and that's not the direction I want ice dance to go.

Sylvia

TBD
Copying out Michael's gracious post-Worlds words today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqXR9xfOR3F/

It’s been a long road to get here, but my first world championships is in the books!

To have achieved another long term goal in this sport feels incredible and I would not have been able to do it without the support of my friends, coaches and training mates, past and present. Thank you.

To @caroline.g_103 for being there and putting in the work every run through of every session.

To @pupka1998 [Elena Novak] and @skatewisa and to @dimailin_ all my past coaches at WISA and @ion_itc you’ve made me the skater I am today and I take the lessons you’ve taught me everywhere I go.

To my new coaches @tanith_white @charlieawhite and @gzuerlein for showing me a whole new side of training and holding me accountable to not only myself, but also to those around me.

To my family, for experiencing all of my highs and lows alongside me and helping me through every single one of them. A special thank you to @raemarie.parsons for the years and years of experience and success we shared.

To my competitors, many of whom are also my closest friends. The better you are, the better we all become and it’s been an honor to share this journey with so many of you.

Let’s keep pushing 💪

Laura4

Such a classy and gracious post by Michael, thanking and giving credit to all those responsible for his success.

I’m so upset with NBC for not showing Michael and Caroline’s Free Dance. It was the one I was most looking forward to seeing. And why couldn’t the USA Network televise Ice Dance like they did all the other disciplines?? So frustrating!

Now that Green/Parsons are on an upward trajectory, I sure hope MIDA has some great programs planned for them next season. I’m very curious what program they were working on at Wheaton before they decided to move to MIDA. Dave Lease said it was a great program which surprised me as he rarely says anything good about them.

sk9tingfan

Wish I could find a link to their short and free dances to watch them again. Has anyone found them?

ice coverage

Newly published today by On Ice Perspectives is full video of an exhibition performance of Caroline and Michael's 2021-22 free dance (shot on May 7, 2022).

Thank you, Jordan Cowan!

Copying out Michael's gracious post-Worlds words today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqXR9xfOR3F/

It’s been a long road to get here, but my first world championships is in the books!

To have achieved another long term goal in this sport feels incredible and I would not have been able to do it without the support of my friends, coaches and training mates, past and present. Thank you.

To @caroline.g_103 for being there and putting in the work every run through of every session.

To @pupka1998 [Elena Novak] and @skatewisa and to @dimailin_ all my past coaches at WISA and @ion_itc you’ve made me the skater I am today and I take the lessons you’ve taught me everywhere I go.

To my new coaches @tanith_white @charlieawhite and @gzuerlein for showing me a whole new side of training and holding me accountable to not only myself, but also to those around me.

To my family, for experiencing all of my highs and lows alongside me and helping me through every single one of them. A special thank you to @raemarie.parsons for the years and years of experience and success we shared.

To my competitors, many of whom are also my closest friends. The better you are, the better we all become and it’s been an honor to share this journey with so many of you.

Let’s keep pushing 💪

Loved Michael's message. ❤️

For posterity, Caroline's very nice message from Mar 29:

VGThuy

Thank you! Life has been so chaotic for me that I still haven't seen the RD and I would love to see the FD again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information