Green and Parsons Cheer Thread

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Direct link to AnythingGOEs' Sarah's 18-minute conversation with Michael & Caroline that took place after Champs Camp in late August (uploaded on Oct. 5): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaq_WzLGLlQ

Their ISU bio (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107799.htm) is updated for their 2022-23 season debut at Finlandia Trophy this weekend! :)
... I'm intrigued by GrePar's FD choice!
RD:
Samba: Vocalizado by Alessandro Oliviato
Rhumba: Historia De Un Amor by Cesaria Evora
Samba: Boutique by Watazu
FD: Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Their Team USA profile: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...-nbsp--caroline-green-and-michael-parsons/622

Last edited:

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I was super worried and shocked when I saw the other topic bumped up. My mind immediately went to the idea of this great pairing breaking up. 😭

VGThuy

I thought I'd take a moment to celebrate their accomplishment at Skate Canada two weeks ago. I know they're not the most popular amongst the U.S. teams at the moment, and MIDA has their work cut out for them with their programs, but let's just say how proud I am of the way they improved from Finlandia to Skate Canada in just three weeks! And that's with a very late start and very new programs. I think things will only improve for them from here.

I admit was taken aback that already some have tried to underplay their big score jump from the Challenger event to the GP event in less than three weeks, which is not common at all, with all sorts of "explanations" but the truth is that it didn't have to happen for them, but it did.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I thought I'd take a moment to celebrate their accomplishment at Skate Canada two weeks ago. I know they're not the most popular amongst the U.S. teams at the moment, and MIDA has their work cut out for them with their programs, but let's just say how proud I am of the way they improved from Finlandia to Skate Canada in just three weeks! And that's with a very late start and very new programs. I think things will only improve for them from here.

I admit was taken aback that already some have tried to underplay their big score jump from the Challenger event to the GP event in less than three weeks, which is not common at all, with all sorts of "explanations" but the truth is that it didn't have to happen for them, but it did.
LOL, I kept trying to discuss this on the SC threads but ended up talking to myself. I thought their showing at Skate Canada was very impressive. If they keep their momentum going they are in a strong position.

Colonel Green

So happy for them!! And 😛 to the person in some thread on here who said they would get buried behind the IAM political machine at NHK.
The IAM political machine was too busy turning in on itself.

They have a pretty good shot at being second alternates for the Final now, unless Carreira & Ponomarenko really blow the doors off in Finland next weekend.

VGThuy

Fan Zone article by Darci Miller (Nov. 29):
I so want them to go to Worlds this season. They had so much success last season and are scoring relatively well that I think more international competitions on big stages will only help them in the future. They had a later start and have had to get used to a new coaching team this season (one that is very new and young) but they are getting better with every competition and looking more confident.

Laura4

Green and Parsons are my favorite U.S. team. I know it's too much to hope for, but in my dreams I see them standing at the top of the podium at the upcoming Nationals. If they can perfect both programs by then and other teams make mistakes, anything is possible. I love this RIB FD for them and they skated it so well at NHK! I was so happy to find the video on YouTube.

VGThuy

Green and Parsons are my favorite U.S. team. I know it's too much to hope for, but in my dreams I see them standing at the top of the podium at the upcoming Nationals. If they can perfect both programs by then and other teams make mistakes, anything is possible. I love this RIB FD for them and they skated it so well at NHK! I was so happy to find the video on YouTube.

I'm taking it one competition at a time and appreciating every success that comes. I don't want to presume anything with them at the moment. CarPom have more fanfare and I bet a lot of people want them to make the World team, so I'm just going to channel my energies into manifesting a reality where GreenParsons make it to Worlds, and then, there, I want them to really hit their level 4s with great execution and style in both the RD and FD and let the chips fall where they may.

georgiana08

Considering the nice, long break they'll have between NHK and Nats, I hope they use that time to do some reworking of their FD. I like it well enough, but I don't think it's anywhere near what they're capable of.

VGThuy

Considering the nice, long break they'll have between NHK and Nats, I hope they use that time to do some reworking of their FD. I like it well enough, but I don't think it's anywhere near what they're capable of.
I totally agree. Really, all they need is to open the program with one giant "ta-da" move to catch the eyes of the audience. Charlie needs to spend time with Michael to really help him utilize his amazing glide, line, and power and turn it into something blazing and impressive for the audience and judges to witness. Charlie also needs to help him learn how to use his face more to really get into leading male mode.*

They as a team really need to invest in a choreographer (even if they have to bring one in themselves) to help them develop more memorable shapes in their programs to catch the audiences' eyes.*

I think this team has the most untapped potential among the contenders for the bronze, but people aren't seeing it as much because their programs this season aren't capturing the audience to the point where they aren't really paying attention to it....I find it subtle and much more successful in hitting the nuances and musical notes than other teams can do...but they really need programs that aren't subtle and are, instead, more showy.*

*OMG, I just realized I'm repeating myself from my Shibs fandom from the 2012-2015 periods.

ETA: I also find it kind of funny that they find themselves in the reverse position from last season. Last season, the fans were more excited about them and thought they could be a spoiler for third over Hawayek/Baker and the hype was with them. Then Nationals reminded everyone where the teams actually stood.

This season, Carreira/Ponomarenko are the ones with hype and fanfare and people are undermining and misremembering how skillful Green/Parsons are and are portraying them as some middling team or something and think Carreira/Ponomarenko will blow Green/Parsons away or at least convincingly beat them.

I'll just wait and see what the actual skating on the ice will show us. I hope Green/Parsons skate very well and just like last year when Hawayek/Baker, after a ho-hum GP event, reminded everyone of what they're capable of at Nationals, that Green/Parsons remind everyone what they're actually capable of...being 4CC Champions and Michael being a World Junior Champion.

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

Well as I wrote on another thread somewhere, I don't have a solid favorite US dance team after my love for Hawayek and Baker. I do like Green/Parsons and I think up until now Caroline's age may have hindered the possibilities of program that she and Michael could do. Now they got around that wonderfully last season with that inspired FD. This year, frankly to me this current FD is more elegant and more traditional in its concept. But does it have a wow factor? Maybe. Considering that C/P are also skating to a classic American song both team have to show maturity and play to the audience and the judges as well.

I hope it doesn't come down to errors. It's going to be very close among all our younger teams to make the top 5. I hope they all skate perfectly. And I am going to cheer for every dance team

georgiana08

I'm so happy Caroline and Michael had such wonderful skates this weekend!

We'll probably never know the full details of what happened with their previous coaches, but based on Michael's comments at the press conference it's been a stressful time for them. I can't wait to see how they continue to grow and improve!

Ena Grins

Love this video of their coaches watching them. Tanith looks like she wants to be out there haha. It makes me happy that they seem to be in such a positive environment and I think that really helped them fight through this season. Hope they have a wonderful first worlds!

Tanith was great but don't sleep on Charlie's double squat or Greg's box step :D

Ena Grins

Well done to Caroline and Michael for rebounding well from the RD fall and finishing strong in the FD. Here's hoping they can get their levels at Worlds - they're totally capable.

I have to say, I like how much Michael seems to respect Caroline and her abilities, despite him having more experience when they teamed up. In the KnC for both programs he was giving her props.

justtojoke

Excited to see what kind of competitive mojo these two have. I think they're positioning themselves to peak at the right time for this quad😁

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Fan Zone article by @clairecloutier (March 16) before their first Worlds! :)
Lots of good stuff in that article!

I liked this about their approach to choosing programs:

"It was a pretty polarizing decision to go a different route. Our free dance last year really suited us artistically," Green said.

But after discussion with their coaches, Green and Parsons felt they needed to show variety in their artistic range, as they build toward the 2026 Olympics.

"In ice dance, you don't want to be repeating the same thing every year," Parsons asserted.

"For these next four years, we want to show growth over time. It's like an exploratory phase," Green said.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Good interview, and such a cute picture of them. I hope Caroline's enjoying her classes and not regretting the decision to forego the in-person route for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information