From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Championship of Moscow

When did Kostyuk switch to Pairs ? Im impressed, she has a very good partner with sync in triple jumps and more importantly he is very tall, reminds me on Enbert / Zabijako. Why they did not qualify to Junior or Senior Nationals ?

I take back my word back, I keep watching Khabibullina and she hasn't stop growing, Her height difference with Knyazuk
is not that big now, this is a big warning of a partnership due to collapse. She can jump Lutz but again we cant control her genetics. What happened ? I was sure she wouldn't outgrow him as he is tall guy.

The Golden Pairs Rule: No Height Difference, No Success.
Remaining List of Junior Russian Pairs to watch out (Listed only with height difference)

• Kostyuk / Chigirev
  • Mukhortova / Evgenyev
  • Geinish / Mironov

UPDATE AS OF TODAY:
Kaganovskaya height difference against Angelopol

hanca

Values her privacy
I take back my word back, I keep watching Khabibullina and she hasn't stop growing, Her height difference with Knyazuk is not that big now, this is a big warning of a partnership due to collapse. She can jump Lutz but again we cant control her genetics. What happened ? I was sure she wouldn't outgrow him as he is tall guy.

If she stays her current height, they still have a chance. I agree that the small height difference makes it harder for them, but at this moment they are managing it fine so I can’t see why anyone would want to split them up. As long as she doesn’t grow taller. She will probably fill out a bit, but he will mature himself and his figure will therefore be more strong/robust. I don’t think they have less height difference than for example Savchenko had with Szolkovy or Sui with Han. As long as they don’t start struggling, they are fine.

The Golden Pairs Rule: No Height Difference, No Success.
Remaining List of Junior Russian Pairs to watch out (Listed only with height difference)

• Kostyuk / Chigirev
  • Mukhortova / Evgenyev
  • Geinish / Mironov
It’s interesting that you are so conscious of (small) height difference between Khabibulina/Kniazhuk, and yet you ignore the small height difference between Mukhortova/Yevgeniev. Just curious why their small height difference is not an issue for you…

Before you crown Kostiuk/Chigiriev as one of the couples to watch out, it may be a good idea to wait for them to achieve something. They are still at the early stages of their partnership, they didn’t even qualify for the Russian junior nationals yet, so let’s give them time before we declare them the pair of future.

On the other hand, maybe your list could include Chikmarieva/Yanchenkov. They are the only pair who won two JGP events this season, so they are currently at the top of Russian juniors. They also got the heighest score in an international competition from Russian junior pairs this season - 189.11 points.

Funny enough, Khabibulina/Kniazhuk (the pair who you declared have no future) are currently the second highest scoring pair in junior events - they scored 188.84 and 183.87.

For comparison:
Mukhortova/Yevgeniev’s best international score was 183.64
Petushkova/Malikov 170.46
Storublievtseva/Griatsenko 168.12
Kostiukovich/Briukhanov 162.14
Akhanteva/Kolesov 151.35

Geinish/Mironov and Kostiuk/Chigiriev did not compete at JGP, but they did junior B competition.
Geinish/Mironov’s score was 161.04 (although at Russian home competition they scored even 200!)
Kostiuk/Chigiriev 148.17

Based on the international results from this season, I think most at risk of splitting are Akhanteva/Kolesov and Kostiukovich/Briukhanova. Mozer may decide to split them like she did with Mukhametzianova/Mironov.

Last edited:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
If she stays her current height, they still have a chance. I agree that the small height difference makes it harder for them, but at this moment they are managing it fine so I can’t see why anyone would want to split them up. As long as she doesn’t grow taller. She will probably fill out a bit, but he will mature himself and his figure will therefore be more strong/robust. I don’t think they have less height difference than for example Savchenko had with Szolkovy or Sui with Han. As long as they don’t start struggling, they are fine.

It’s interesting that you are so conscious of (small) height difference between Khabibulina/Kniazhuk, and yet you ignore the small height difference between Mukhortova/Yevgeniev. Just curious why their small height difference is not an issue for you…

Before you crown Kostiuk/Chigiriev as one of the couples to watch out, it may be a good idea to wait for them to achieve something. They are still at the early stages of their partnership, they didn’t even qualify for the Russian junior nationals yet, so let’s give them time before we declare them the pair of future.

On the other hand, maybe your list could include Chikmarieva/Yanchenkov. They are the only pair who won two JGP events this season, so they are currently at the top of Russian juniors. They also got the heighest score in an international competition from Russian junior pairs this season - 189.11 points.

Funny enough, Khabibulina/Kniazhuk (the pair who you declared have no future) are currently the second highest scoring pair in junior events - they scored 188.84 and 183.87.

For comparison:
Mukhortova/Yevgeniev’s best international score was 183.64
Petushkova/Malikov 170.46
Storublievtseva/Griatsenko 168.12
Kostiukovich/Briukhanov 162.14
Akhanteva/Kolesov 151.35

Geinish/Mironov and Kostiuk/Chigiriev did not compete at JGP, but they did junior B competition.
Geinish/Mironov’s score was 161.04 (although at Russian home competition they scored even 200!)
Kostiuk/Chigiriev 148.17

Based on the international results from this season, I think most at risk of splitting are Akhanteva/Kolesov and Kostiukovich/Briukhanova. Mozer may decide to split them like she did with Mukhametzianova/Mironov.
I immediately pause watching a junior pairs video when they have height deficit, I dont even wtach those other skaters you mention I see first his height then I asses their skate. What can good score do when the partnership wont even last, its not even a theory or pattern but proven results have shown it, look at the current russian senior field.

Tarasova / Morozov, Mishina / Gallaimov, Pvlyuchenko/Khodykin, Artemeva / Nazarychev, Blikova / Kozlovski they all have more than enough height difference.

I did find Khabibullina / Kmyuzhuk impressive especially with their jump stability, they have same coaches as P/K. But I notice she keeps growing how, Khabibullina is i think only 16, I know how this can end, like their coaches former students Davankova / Deputat.

Mukhortova is build small she will not outgrow Evgenyev
how many pairs skaters you see with no very low height difference other than Sui/Han being successful currently ? there was Panfilova / Rylova which had impressive elements despite the not so good height difference but they are out of competition, they were the few exceptions.

Ka3sha

Nikolai Morozov and Svinin/Zhuk have joined their efforts and will train all together on the same ice. Morozov has already started working with Stepanova/Bukin.
Alexei Gorshkov will join them soon.

J

Jeschke

Nikolai Morozov and Svinin/Zhuk have joined their efforts and will train all together on the same ice. Morozov has already started working with Stepanova/Bukin.
Alexei Gorshkov will join them soon.
:watch:

hanca

Values her privacy
I immediately pause watching a junior pairs video when they have height deficit, I dont even wtach those other skaters you mention I see first his height then I asses their skate. What can good score do when the partnership wont even last, its not even a theory or pattern but proven results have shown it, look at the current russian senior field.
But the fact that partnership won’t last is in your head, it doesn’t necessarily have to happen. It may, or it may not. It is a pity that you don’t watch partnerships with small size difference, Sui/Han and Savchenko/Szolkowy were worth watching.
I did find Khabibullina / Kmyuzhuk impressive especially with their jump stability, they have same coaches as P/K. But I notice she keeps growing how, Khabibullina is i think only 16, I know how this can end, like their coaches former students Davankova / Deputat.
Again, that’s not really necessarily true. It may end like that, but may not. We will have to see whether she will grow any more, but at this moment with small height difference and they land everything and are getting the marks. You are assuming that because Davankova grew too tall, Khabibulina will go the same way, but she may not.

Mukhortova is build small she will not outgrow Evgenyev
how many pairs skaters you see with no very low height difference other than Sui/Han being successful currently ? there was Panfilova / Rylova which had impressive elements despite the not so good height difference but they are out of competition, they were the few exceptions.
I am not sure whether that’s relevant though. The fact that there is not many pairs with small difference doesn’t mean that it is impossible, as the few ones that are around has shown.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
No GPF, Good for Katsalapov, Sui/Han, Yuzu, Boikova / Kozlovski and Pavlyuchenko / Khodykin

An Equalizer for the russian ladies, the most vulnerable is Tuktamsyehva
without a GPF, Trusova must sharpen her blades, 3 quads should be enough to knock Tuk off her placement.
This also basically derailed Kostornayas small progress, If No tiple axels by Nationals, Season is over for Kostornaya.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
No GPF, Good for Katsalapov, Sui/Han, Yuzu, Boikova / Kozlovski and Pavlyuchenko / Khodykin

An Equalizer for the russian ladies, the most vulnerable is Tuktamsyehva
without a GPF, Trusova must sharpen her blades, 3 quads should be enough to knock Tuk off her placement.
This also basically derailed Kostornayas small progress, If No tiple axels by Nationals, Season is over for Kostornaya.
Agree this is good for SinKats and BoiKoz. Not good for PavKho's hopes of knocking BoiKoz out of the top 3 by beating them at the GPF. Definitely good for SuiHan but they were likely going to withdraw from the GPF if it wasn't postponed so nothing really changes for them.

Men - no really clear winners or losers here.

Until I see current video proof of Trusova back on the ice jumping, I'm choosing to believe she isn't a factor. Kostornaia and Khromykh don't stand a chance against the top 3.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Agree this is good for SinKats and BoiKoz. Not good for PavKho's hopes of knocking BoiKoz out of the top 3 by beating them at the GPF. Definitely good for SuiHan but they were likely going to withdraw from the GPF if it wasn't postponed so nothing really changes for them.

Men - no really clear winners or losers here.

Until I see current video proof of Trusova back on the ice jumping, I'm choosing to believe she isn't a factor. Kostornaia and Khromykh don't stand a chance against the top 3.
NO GPF means B/K and P/K are equally fighting,
Both were on the upward trajectory.

We'll find out soon, If Trusova is in the entry list by Nationals
I can't see her competing without jumping any qauds.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
NO GPF means B/K and P/K are equally fighting,
Both were on the upward trajectory.

We'll find out soon, If Trusova is in the entry list by Nationals
I can't see her competing without jumping any qauds.
So? Just because she is on the entry list doesn't mean she will actually show up. She wasn’t withdrawn from NHK until the week before.

BoiKoz won IdF and are the reigning world bronze medalists, PavKho are the usurpers and needed the GPF to continue pushing the narrative that they are on the same level as the top 3. No GPF doesn't help them. Of course, BoiKoz haven't been helping themselves this season so it's entirely possible they lose to PavKho all on their own but, all clean skates from both will maintain the status quo with BoiKoz ahead. Nothing will be decided at Nats. #1 will be named to the Olympic team outright and the top 3 will get sent to Euros with the certain knowledge that anything less than the great skates will probably put the #4 team at Nats on the Olympic team instead.

hanca

Values her privacy
Mozer’s school response to Mukhametzianova’s interview

Ka3sha

Channel 1 behind the scenes: Rostelecom Cup

irenemulindwairen

Mozer’s school response to Mukhametzianova’s interview
😲😲 did these people not learn physiology and anatomy in college?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information